Community 80's Goal FINAL PUSH!!!

BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
If we're gonna make it we have 5 hours to get approximately 54,000 more stars on 80's songs. Get Blitzin' everyone (except me, I'm still at work).

Comments

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    bigmf;4874197 said:
    Get back to work!

Sincerely,

Bachi's Boss
    F-that. It's 5 O-quittin' time.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
    Seriously though, I don't think we're going to make it.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    bigmf;4874200 said:
    Seriously though, I don't think we're going to make it.

Neither do I, and if we do it'll be very short. I've been playing 80's all day and I'm all 80's out.
  • ThisnameislameThisnameislame Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I don't think it's happening. I blame Dave Grohl not having any 80s material and BSSM being released a couple years too late.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I just threw 60 stars at the total, but agree we're not going to make it this time. Oh well. Coins are rather easy to come by these days.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    42,000 with three hours to go!

Looks unlikely :(
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    i'm less concerned about coins - i just like getting badges at this rate. At least everyone will miss out on that badge. I put in a solid half day so i did my share.

need 40,000 now
  • TraycerTraycer Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Dumb question, but how do I know that the system knows I'm participating? I played a bunch of 80s songs last night, but I'm not showing up on the contributors list, nor in the list of scores. Is there a dashboard page somewhere that lists all my goal contributions so far?
    edited September 2012
    no i don't think there is. sometime you see your face sometimes you see your score. At least this is my experience.
    edited September 2012
    Traycer;4874346 said:
    Dumb question, but how do I know that the system knows I'm participating? I played a bunch of 80s songs last night, but I'm not showing up on the contributors list, nor in the list of scores. Is there a dashboard page somewhere that lists all my goal contributions so far?

I asked the same question in our Facebook group and didn't get much response other than "it just knows" ...we just don't know that it knows until the end I guess.

Anyway, I too believe we are doomed to failure on this one. I didn't have much time to contribute myself so blame me. I can handle it.
    edited September 2012
    Just so you guys know, it seems there might be some confusion but you can get the community goal even if you don't contribute any stars to the final goal.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2012
    On one hand, I can be blamed for a few million attempts at getting gold stars on "Sing". On the other hand, repeated attempts at "Shout" and "Cult of Personality" may have made up for that.
    edited September 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4874355 said:
    On one hand, I can be blamed for a few million attempts at getting gold stars on "Sing". On the other hand, repeated attempts at "Shout" and "Cult of Personality" may have made up for that.

This!
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I think Harmonix just wanted to see how many stars we can get being restricted to one game since the other community goals allowed RB3.
    edited September 2012
    Can anyone confirm if community goals are like regular goals where repeats don't count? If repeats count I say everyone needs to spend the next 3 hours playing Thank You Boys.
    edited September 2012
    I'm pretty sure none of the community goals have allowed play in RB3 to this point, though I could be wrong. I think the community will drop over the next month in all likelihood so i think 750,000 will never be reached if it isn't done today.
    edited September 2012
    Thisnameislame;4874363 said:
    If repeats count I say everyone needs to spend the next 3 hours playing Thank You Boys.

Naw, get "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by the Stephen and the Colberts. It's a free download, the song is only about 80 seconds long, and if you can't get gold stars every time, there's something wrong with you. ;) I can start a new song cycle every 105 seconds. Assuming gold stars count as 6 stars towards the community goal, that means 204 stars per hour, or 612 stars in 3 hours. All we need is fifty of us to do this to make the goal. And then we'll all go mad having played the same song a hundred times in a row. :eek:
    edited September 2012
    metalkorn;4874347 said:
    no i don't think there is. sometime you see your face sometimes you see your score. At least this is my experience.

Well, I hope what I'm contributing isn't all for naught then!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    2 hours left!

We're not gonna make it! No we're not gonna make it!

We're not gonna make this gooooooooal :P
    edited September 2012
    Traycer;4874368 said:
    Naw, get "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by the Stephen and the Colberts. It's a free download, the song is only about 80 seconds long, and if you can't get gold stars every time, there's something wrong with you. ;) I can start a new song cycle every 105 seconds. Assuming gold stars count as 6 stars towards the community goal, that means 204 stars per hour, or 612 stars in 3 hours. All we need is fifty of us to do this to make the goal. And then we'll all go mad having played the same song a hundred times in a row. :eek:

For the record I'm pretty sure Thank You Boys is 15 seconds shorter than Charlene, so for anyone that has it (which would pretty much only happen if you got the whole album), it's a better option. But it's a moot point if repeats don't count.
    edited September 2012
    metalkorn;4874352 said:
    Just so you guys know, it seems there might be some confusion but you can get the community goal even if you don't contribute any stars to the final goal.

But aren't these goals all-or-nothing? We still have to amass 750,000 stars or else nobody gets anything.
    edited September 2012
    Thisnameislame;4874375 said:
    For the record I'm pretty sure Thank You Boys is 15 seconds shorter than Charlene, so for anyone that has it (which would pretty much only happen if you got the whole album), it's a better option. But it's a moot point if repeats don't count.
    Yeah, it's about 1:05, but it would cost money to buy the track/album. "Charlene" is free... although it's such a drowsy song I can't see anyone playing it more than a dozen times in a row anyway. :rolleyes:
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I'm blitzing as hard as I can but it's not enough!!! :(
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    25,000 in just over an hour. LETS DO THIS!!!
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Well I threw a bunch at it...everything I played today was 80's :)
    edited September 2012
    Not gonna happen. Oh well, it was a good first go. HMX will need to lower their expectations if we're ever gonna get one of these community goals.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Needs 18,000 more stars in 19 minutes. Uh...looks like we failed this one guys :p I threw about 60 stars into the pile myself. I don't really have all that much 80's music. The bulk of it is exported songs that I really hate. I did jam some Rush and some Queen and some Bob Marley.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    BachiG;4874466 said:
    Not gonna happen. Oh well, it was a good first go. HMX will need to lower their expectations if we're ever gonna get one of these community goals.

I hope you were being sarcastic with this lol, considering the previous two community goals that we BLEW by lol.

Oh well. I did my best ( well not really, I could have played 24/7 80's lol, but I did what I could)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    This same number of stars with '00s songs probably would have been achieved easily. 'course, if they do '00s songs, it'll probably be for a million stars :p
    edited September 2012
    lotr rocks 0;4874472 said:
    I hope you were being sarcastic with this lol, considering the previous two community goals that we BLEW by lol.

Oh well. I did my best ( well not really, I could have played 24/7 80's lol, but I did what I could)

Well, I was being semi-sarcastic... The goal is obviously very close to being in reach. ...but what other community goals are you referring to? The 1M FB fans goal, and...? Were there other Blitz goals that I missed???