Will we see more DLC that doesn't get as undercharted as they are now?

iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
In the week or so I've been playing this game, I've noticed that the songs I remember from RB2 and some of the DLC are, in my opinion, too undercharted. For example, there are songs that have a 16th note hi-hat drum section with a snare or bass hit every quarter note, but Blitz undercharts it to include only the snare or bass hit every quarter note, i.e. I know Red Barchetta does this. Though I think the most disappointing examples are the 2 Dragonforce DLC songs; every 16th note pattern was undercharted to 8th notes at 200BPM, which left almost no "shredding" to do in the guitar solos. In my opinion, 16ths at 200BPM are not at all too fast to FC. I'd say even short bursts of 24ths at 200BPM are FC'able.

I know this game has more of a focus on strategy/planning, but in the future I'd like to see more difficult patterns that aren't a breeze to FC.

I'm not trying to offend anyone by saying every pattern is too easy, but I'm rather pointing out that the peak difficulty of patterns is nowhere near that of normal GH and RB games.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Blitz converts automatically, champ. Harmonix doesn't do it by hand.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    the dragonforce songs are a lot easier than i expected them to be yeah.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    Im pretty sure hi hats arent charted at all and cymbal hits are charted sparingly.
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4875929 said:
    Blitz converts automatically, champ. Harmonix doesn't do it by hand.
    Yeah I know, I'm suggesting that algorithm should be modified. I have no idea how it works, but my guess would be to raise the threshold "notes per second" cutoff
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4875940 said:
    Im pretty sure hi hats arent charted at all and cymbal hits are charted sparingly.

I'm 90% sure it's just kick/snare/toms. (Toms, being determined by animation and authoring rather than audio, may be a bit inaccurate.) Crashes frequently come with kicks, so that covers those being hit. The exception is disco beats, which are usually turned into a relatively steady stream of notes that totally break my hands much of the time.

Damn Everlong.