Brave Little Toaster: Live-Action Remake?

arniejoltarniejolt Weird-Huey Lewis
edited September 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hrm, I'm usually starting off being too pessimistic about these things so I might as well try keeping an open mind about this...

Live-Action ‘Brave Little Toaster’ Remake In the Works From ‘Chipmunks’ Produ--

--OH FORGET IT, if you want to read the stupid thing click on the link below:
http://screenrant.com/brave-little-toaster-live-action-remake/

Right...how does this make you feel?

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    I feel incredibly indifferent.
  • edited September 2012
    Brave Little Toaster was one of my favorite movies when I was little (for those who don't know of it, it's like Toy Story but instead of toys it's appliances. Totally dumb).

A live action remake of a dumb movie will just be dumber. I must see it!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2012
    Okay, this legitly pisses me off. Here comes a long rant post.

You see, when I was a little kid, The Brave Little Toaster was one of my favorite films. It was simple, yet so epic. It was nonsensical, yet it set up a world where this s*** could happen really well. This was true for a lot of the things they remake for modern audiences. The problem is, though, is that they take these beloved franchises, and they usually either add so much unwanted things that it becomes a mess, rewrite the characters into something foul and profane, or throw in a "modern" twist that just leads to really stupid product placement (see: The Smurfs). And even when Disney does this kind of thing nowadays they fall prey to the modernization bandwagon. It seems like no film company can simply make a live-action remake of a classic tale without butchering it in some way. They always want to make it "hip" and new again, only resulting in insultingly bad references that really date the film fast.

This is also true about most kid's film remakes and adaptations, it seems. I mean, look at The Lorax. They threw in a ton of pop culture references, some of which are really dated (Donkey Kong? Really?). It seems that every time a kid's film is made of an older franchise, the new director decides to s*** on the source material and make a film that's made solely to sell merchandise to kids. And while that may work for kids the age of 3-8, after that age range the film looks stupid. Unless you're the kids that are in my home school who say that Battleship was awesome.

It's sad to see that nothing from my childhood is safe from this live action modernization pandemic. I'm still pissed that Michael Bay wants to rape my childhood even further by making the Ninja Turtles aliens (yes, I'm still pissed about that! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was my childhood!). Pretty soon we'll see literally everything from the 80's and 90's remade into a sick, twisted advertisement for Chevy, Pepsi and Xbox.

In conclusion to my rant, I'm just generally pissed at Hollywood. I know they can't come up with original ideas, but at least leave our childhoods alone! Even Disney makes bad live-action adaptations (Underdog? That's a Disney flick). But I know part of me really wants to see this, just to see how bad it is. I mean, there's only so much good Hollywood can make, but there's a whole selection of bad that I fear this movie will include. Whelp I'll have to wait until the day it comes out to see with my very eyes whether it throws in a reference to Crisco or not.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited September 2012
    Did this movie have any humans in it? If not I don't see the point of having this live action/CGI mix when they should do it completely CGI.
    edited September 2012
    I love how even the guy writing the article can't make the article without negative bias. He knows this is going to hurt.
  • edited September 2012
    dog037;4879704 said:
    Did this movie have any humans in it? If not I don't see the point of having this live action/CGI mix when they should do it completely CGI.

Yeah but aside from The Master (the equivalent of Toy Story's Andy) they aren't in it much and even he is only in flashbacks and at the end.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    I've never seen it and I have no plans on seeing it.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    God damn it, Hollywood. Make your own original ideas for once dammit! And stop raping our childhoods!
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4879701 said:
    Okay, this legitly pisses me off. Here comes a long rant post.

You see, when I was a little kid, The Brave Little Toaster was one of my favorite films. It was simple, yet so epic. It was nonsensical, yet it set up a world where this s*** could happen really well. This was true for a lot of the things they remake for modern audiences. The problem is, though, is that they take these beloved franchises, and they usually either add so much unwanted things that it becomes a mess, rewrite the characters into something foul and profane, or throw in a "modern" twist that just leads to really stupid product placement (see: The Smurfs). And even when Disney does this kind of thing nowadays they fall prey to the modernization bandwagon. It seems like no film company can simply make a live-action remake of a classic tale without butchering it in some way. They always want to make it "hip" and new again, only resulting in insultingly bad references that really date the film fast.

This is also true about most kid's film remakes and adaptations, it seems. I mean, look at The Lorax. They threw in a ton of pop culture references, some of which are really dated (Donkey Kong? Really?). It seems that every time a kid's film is made of an older franchise, the new director decides to s*** on the source material and make a film that's made solely to sell merchandise to kids. And while that may work for kids the age of 3-8, after that age range the film looks stupid. Unless you're the kids that are in my home school who say that Battleship was awesome.

It's sad to see that nothing from my childhood is safe from this live action modernization pandemic. I'm still pissed that Michael Bay wants to rape my childhood even further by making the Ninja Turtles aliens (yes, I'm still pissed about that! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was my childhood!). Pretty soon we'll see literally everything from the 80's and 90's remade into a sick, twisted advertisement for Chevy, Pepsi and Xbox.

In conclusion to my rant, I'm just generally pissed at Hollywood. I know they can't come up with original ideas, but at least leave our childhoods alone! Even Disney makes bad live-action adaptations (Underdog? That's a Disney flick). But I know part of me really wants to see this, just to see how bad it is. I mean, there's only so much good Hollywood can make, but there's a whole selection of bad that I fear this movie will include. Whelp I'll have to wait until the day it comes out to see with my very eyes whether it throws in a reference to Crisco or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited September 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4879706 said:
    I love how even the guy writing the article can't make the article without negative bias. He knows this is going to hurt.

When its from an article on a site called "ScreenRant" I'm certain there was supposed to be bias.
    edited September 2012
    Witticus;4879756 said:
    When its from an article on a site called "ScreenRant" I'm certain there was supposed to be bias.

Oh :/
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited September 2012
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited September 2012
    We were talking about toasters the other day in WAYDRN.So, just like asked there, can I put my **** in it?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited September 2012
    Lawdog1521;4879973 said:
    We were talking about toasters the other day in WAYDRN.So, just like asked there, can I put my **** in it?

Isn't there a saying that for everything that exists, there's a fetish for it? Live action brave little toaster might help you achieve that goal bro.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited September 2012
    I am mad that this would happen... I did not recognize the name at first so then I youtubd it and found this I instantly remembered the movie from my childhood... it makes me mad that Hollywood like ruining awesome things

but in a better note I think I know what movie I will watch tonight
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Let the trip down memory lane begin. Don't forget your jam.

I almost forgot about Air Conditioner. Probably the first troll I ever knew.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Bulzeeb;4880232 said:
    Let the trip down memory lane begin. Don't forget your jam.

I almost forgot about Air Conditioner. Probably the first troll I ever knew.

just watched it all... just as awesome as I remembered
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited September 2012
    A live action Brave Little Toaster eh?!?

They'll have a hard time making a real toaster move around like this.
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    firedoom666;4880347 said:
    just watched it all... just as awesome as I remembered

I thought it was Pixar quality in terms of content, but I forgot how dark it could be too. That dream scene with the (spoilers) firefighter clown, shower of forks and bathtub suicide image takes the cake for scarring moments in TBLT.
  • charliesmilecharliesmile Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    arniejolt;4879626 said:
    Right...how does this make you feel?
    somebody stab me