TheBonobo4's FC Thread

TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
edited January 2013 in Rock Band
Okay, sorry if I put this in the wrong place. I didn't really know where to put it, so feel free to move it.

This thread will serve to chart any FC for any song that I get. Where possible, I'll link a video of me doing it. Since I can't be sure if some songs I 100% were FCs or not, I'll only put it here if I'm certain, rather than risk thinking I got an FC when I didn't, (accuracy and obsession reasons and so on).

Bare in mind this is obviously always a Work In Progress due to its very nature.

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Mmmk. I mean, do whatever's fun for you, but most of the time people posting FC videos only do *reasonably* difficult songs.
  • TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I'm literally putting all the ones I've got with links to videos. But I haven't put all the ones I have up there yet since there's around 150 bass fc songs. Also when making fc videos I need to be sure I can fc it before making the video. Also I'm no rb god so don't expect fcs of really tough songs. I still need five stars on all rb3 songs on bass as there's four I don't have. This is kinda to record all my fcs as well as YT videos I've made.
    edited September 2012
    BVP2K10;4881037 said:
    he's putting all the ones he got, regardless of difficulty (same goes for youtube videos I assume, if he can get them again ;))

Exactly right. I had to start somewhere with the videos so just did really easy songs from RB3 as well as A Tout Le Monde which is also very easy and the trees because it's quite tough and an epic song!

It's also worth noting I've only had the capture card for about two weeks.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4881143 said:
    Mmmk. I mean, do whatever's fun for you, but most of the time people posting FC videos only do *reasonably* difficult songs.

I would rather see someone feel accomplished fcing what they like to play than someone spending 4 weeks on Creatures ov Deception...
    edited September 2012
    Yeah don't expect any Devils on everything songs or Death Metal. I can FC *some* Devils on Bass songs (Ramblin' Man by Allman Brothers comes to mind and maybe Bodhisattva if I tried) but very few. That said, I'm in top 1% at least for PS3 RB3 Bass as well as PS3 DLC Bass. And rkbdgurl frequently compliments my playing! ;)

If you wanted awesome FCs, go to MShadows or llamajobuddy, GHAddict, PuppetMasterIX etc. This is more to record my achievements as well as any videos I make. :)
    I would rather see someone feel accomplished fcing what they like to play than someone spending 4 weeks on Creatures ov Deception...
    No idea what that song's like but I'm guessing it's either Death Metal or Chaotrope. Either way I don't have it and likely won't get it.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    TheBonobo4;4881638 said:
    No idea what that song's like but I'm guessing it's either Death Metal or Chaotrope. Either way I don't have it and likely won't get it.

Wrong on the Chaotrope, partially right on the death metal (but only for a few vocal phrases). See for yourself.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah. If I struggle on Run To The Hills or The trooper then good luck on that. ;)
    edited September 2012
    I'm planning on getting some new bass fc videos up on yt that I'll record and upload on either Friday or this weekend. It'll likely be ones of fcs I already have unless I get an urge to attempt to fc something new whilst recording. That'd be impressive!
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    hey Bon, I watched your A Tout Le Monde video. Nice job, and ....after watching it, I decided I like the song and I'm gonna buy it. I'll be playing it on drums most likely. thanks
    edited September 2012
    rkbdgurl;4882910 said:
    hey Bon, I watched your A Tout Le Monde video. Nice job, and ....after watching it, I decided I like the song and I'm gonna buy it. I'll be playing it on drums most likely. thanks
    Good to know. It's one of the less heavy of their songs, but still a classic that's regularly played live.

My most proud recorded FC is The Trees. That took some attempts (like 4 or 5) despite me having FC'd it already before because at the start when it's fast reds I always missed 1 or 2. :(
    edited September 2012
    Just did a quick FC video of Song 2 by Blur. Very easy FC to get but good short song. :)

By the way, any requests? I may need to work at it but am willing to take anything, even stuff not yet FC'd by me. If it's RB1, RB2, LEGO or RB3 I'll have it, if it's DLC I'll see but I only have around 100 DLCs or so.

And if it's Devils I'll likely not be able to FC it. So don't request them. ;)
  • BVP2K10BVP2K10 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    TheBonobo4;4885212 said:

By the way, any requests? I may need to work at it but am willing to take anything, even stuff not yet FC'd by me.

Space Oddity

I played it for the first time in a while today, and FC'd it (took a couple tries), so that's your request / challenge

just 2 dots, but there are a few tricky parts (at the end, which always sucks)
    edited September 2012
    BVP2K10;4886006 said:
    Space Oddity

I played it for the first time in a while today, and FC'd it (took a couple tries), so that's your request / challenge

just 2 dots, but there are a few tricky parts (at the end, which always sucks)
    Never done it before, generally the trills mess me up and the ending, so it'll take a few tries but I can try.

If and when I do, I'll make a video shortly after (hopefully), since I'm not recording until I actually do it. :)
    edited September 2012
    For Space Oddity, I can FC all of it except for the trills at the start. Why they're there I have no idea, you can't hear them. :(

It'll be awhile before I get this. I'll find a FC with hands video and "take notes". ;)
    edited September 2012
    Just FC'd Creep by Radiohead. Easy FC. :)
    edited September 2012
    Does anybody know if there's still a 10 minute limit on YT videos? I'm just thinking if I tried to do a 2112 FC would I need 3 videos or can I do it in 1?

I'll need a lot of practice though. ;)
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    TheBonobo4;4886306 said:
    Does anybody know if there's still a 10 minute limit on YT videos? I'm just thinking if I tried to do a 2112 FC would I need 3 videos or can I do it in 1?

I'll need a lot of practice though. ;)

There hasn't been one for long time now
  • edited September 2012
    Just pruned a lot of off-topic backseat moderation (and responses to that) from this thread.

If a thread doesn't interest you, simply ignore it, but as for now I see no reason why it shouldn't be here. It's simply one poster keeping track of a self-set RB 'project' of sorts, so it's not going to ruin the forums.
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    how about ranking them in some way, maybe by their difficulty to you ... that would be kind of interesting
    edited September 2012
    Possibly but that'd be very difficult to do as there's so many of them. Right now I've got them in alphabetical order.
    edited September 2012
    Tonight I'll be working FC'ing bits of 2112 on Bass, more specifically Overture/Temples of Syrinx and Discovery/Presentation. I've already FC'd the Grand Finale, I'll try and get a video up either this weekend (Sunday) or Friday.

When I FC the 3 songs related to 2112, I'll try and get the full song FC'd. Then I'll go for the video! :) By the way so far on 2112 (full) I've got GS and 99%.

If you didn't understand that, here's a simplified version in order:

TO DO LIST:
    FC 2112: Discovery/Presentation
    FC 2112: Overture/Temples of Syrinx
    Make and upload videos of each of the three 2112 songs.
    FC 2112 full version.
    Make and upload full 2112 Bass FC.

Space Oddity can wait. Sorry, but it'll be a LONG time before I FC that, with those VERY annoying trills. :(
    edited September 2012
    I know this goes against my so called "plan" but I just FC'd Limelight by Rush. For a 2 this sure caused me a lot of trouble. I had 99% and GS so I tried it tonight, on the 4th or 5th try I got the FC. :)
    edited September 2012
    Just FC'd on Bass Rock Your Socks by Tenacious D. :)
    edited October 2012
    Got a Bass FC on Aqualung by Jethro Tull. Great song and (fairly) easy to FC. :)

And that's now 100 FCs in this thread! Though I'm sure there are others that need adding here! :D
    edited October 2012
    After managing to FC the trills on Space Oddity (easy, just hold red and tap blue as fast as you can, just know the first blue is strummed), I proceed to get a -2 on a really easy part. :(

I'll try again later. Stay tuned! :)
    edited October 2012
    Update: Just FC'd Space Oddity. Am really pleased! Once you get the trills right the rest is easy. Just one slip up point that got me a few times near the end (Post-Chorus 1). :)

WOOHOO! :D
    edited October 2012
    good job ... your next challenge is Werewolves of London :cool:
    edited October 2012
    Werewolves of London? Hmm I don't really remember its bass chart but I'll guve it a go.
    edited October 2012
    Just FC'd Who are You by The Who. Very easy 1 dot song, not that fun on Bass surprisingly. Only hard part was the end where it speeds up, but I scraped through that. :)