Only 9 songs from RB2 available

zegsigmazegsigma Opening Act
edited December 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
i am not sure if others have this problem, i am on a ps3 and i have had rb3 for a long time and all of my songs have been exported and when i am on rock band blitz only 9 songs from rock band 2 are available to play when i search by source, do i need to re-export the songs or something?

this is a major inconvinience mainly due to some great songs missing but also because i cannot complete ROCK BAND 2 THROWBACK CHALLENGE as it says there is 70 songs to play.

any help will be great....

Comments

• edited September 2012
    The first thing I would do is go into your DL history and re-download the RB2 export pack.
  • zegsigmazegsigma Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4881023 said:
    The first thing I would do is go into your DL history and re-download the RB2 export pack.

hrmmmm.. kk then i will give it a go. but i was playing on rb2 songs on rock band 3 not too long ago, i dont understand how they are not on blitz but it is worth a go :) thanks
    edited September 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4881023 said:

ok there is an issue here, are you sure there is a rock band 2 export pack because i am on my download list and i cannot find the export pack, i have the rock band 1 export and the Lego rock band export but there is no rock band 2 export key/pack to download
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    Are you sure you have Rock Band 2 imported and didn't just download the free DLC from Rock Band 2 that contained the Harmonix bands?

Check to see if you have Panic attack or Pain Killer in Rock Band 3. If not then you don't have Rock Band 2 imported into Rock Band 3.
  • lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Have you followed these instructions? (click the link for your console): NOTE: You will NEED your Rock Band 2 game manual and pay the $9.99 export fee (800 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360).

Also, this will ONLY export the majority of songs from the Rock Band 2 game disc (70 songs). Some songs do not export at all (5 songs). To obtain the rest, you'll need to download the Rock Band Free Pack 01 (9 songs).

84 songs on the Rock Band 2 disc
    • 70 (exportable)
    • 5 (NOT exportable)
    • 9 (separate download)
    70 + 5 + 9 = 84
    edited September 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4881177 said:
    Are you sure you have Rock Band 2 imported and didn't just download the free DLC from Rock Band 2 that contained the Harmonix bands?

Check to see if you have Panic attack or Pain Killer in Rock Band 3. If not then you don't have Rock Band 2 imported into Rock Band 3.

i am 100% sure i have the songs available in rock band 3. I exported the songs the day i got rock band 3. the only problem is that i cannot find the export download that i payed for in my download list.
    edited September 2012
    i dont have my rock band 2 disk anymore, i might have given it to my brother, i will see if i can find it but even if i get it back will i need to pay for the export again? some of the best songs are on rock band 2.
    edited September 2012
    If the songs are in Rock Band 3 then they are in Blitz. For them to be in Rock Band 3, they have to be on your hard drive, which is where Blitz reads the tracks it pulls into its library.

Are you in the US or outside the country? If so did you get a US copy of Rock Band 2 and 3 and a UK copy of Blitz? (don't know if that could be the culprit or not).
    edited September 2012
    i am from the UK and i had the UK copy. that is why i am confused, i guess i could but the £9.99 export again but it will be annoying if i need to. it all depends on if it will let me export from my old rock band 2 code again.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    zegsigma;4881432 said:
    i am from the UK and i had the UK copy. that is why i am confused, i guess i could but the £9.99 export again but it will be annoying if i need to. it all depends on if it will let me export from my old rock band 2 code again.

Did you do all your exporting and downloading and such under the same user?
    edited September 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4881435 said:
    Did you do all your exporting and downloading and such under the same user?

yea, i made sure i did that so i did not mess up and to make sure i have everything under the one download list.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    in the download history, are you checking in the RB1, RB2 or RB3 files? it might be in a different one
    edited September 2012
    i am checking them all, i have over 800 downloaded files and 775+ of them is rock band tracks and track packs, i have gone through them all very slowly twice and it is not there, either it is a glitch with RB or the PSN but either way i am getting the feeling i will have to re-buy it. This is annoying but if it has to be done, it has to be done. Thanks for everyone's suggestions but i think i re-buy is in order unless there is something i am missing, i will see if it works though cos i thought that each code could only be used once but i will try it when i get the disk back.
  • DiamaniacalDiamaniacal Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Your RB2 export key will be tied to your account, you can see that it has been purchased somewhere under account management, I am not near my PS3 but I saw mine the other day while resetting my password. You do not need to buy another key, you don't need a new disc, any RB2 disk will do (probably region specific though I am not sure on that)
    edited September 2012
    ok so i finally found my rock band 2 disk and typed in the code and it is not available, so either i have used the export code or the code just doesn't work and i did buy it new so if i had not redeemed it then it should have worked. this is beginning to get very annoying, i am going to be very annoyed if it turns out i need to re buy the disk and then spend another £9.99 on the export, i am annoyed enough that i have to re-buy the export, i know i have played rock band 2 songs in rock band 3 and i dont understand why it is not showing up in my download list or where it should be and already on my harddrive and in rock band blitz already.
    edited September 2012
    Did you delete a song or delete the RB export to make room for something else?
    edited September 2012
    i am willing to pay another £9.99 for the export but i am not going to go out and buy myself another disk and on the rock band 2 token claim it says that the code has already been redeemed so obviously i have done it but it is not available on my download list.
    edited September 2012
    no, i have never deleted a song from rock band
    edited September 2012
    Have you went into Rock Band 3 since you noticed the RB2 songs weren't in Blitz and made sure they're there?

I'd go to P's and check Painkiller, Panic attack.

If they don't show up then something is obviously up and it got deleted or something.
    edited September 2012
    well i have never deleted them and i know they are there cos them songs were what i would play if i was going on there for fun and not trying to get ranks but no i have not checked since i noticed they were not in blitz because i am unable to play it at the moment due to health issues which is why i bought blitz a few days ago. i knew it was coming out but i did not know it was out already until i saw it on the playstation store. but i will check it as soon as i can and see what comes of it.
    edited September 2012
    i have posted a complaint on the playstation forum, i cannot find a place to file a support ticket.

i have been trying to claim a ticket on the rock band website aswel but the problem is the UK site is not working. for some reason each internet browser cannot find the UK rock band site that it links you too on the international page.
  • edited September 2012
    zegsigma;4883191 said:
    i have posted a complaint on the playstation forum, i cannot find a place to file a support ticket.

i have been trying to claim a ticket on the rock band website aswel but the problem is the UK site is not working. for some reason each internet browser cannot find the UK rock band site that it links you too on the international page.

Are you trying to submit a ticket via the RB support portal? That's the best place to go for FAQs on export, EA's contact support info (since they may possibly be able to send you a new export code to try out) and the general RB support center.

Here are the relevant links:

http://www.rockband.com/support
    harmonixmusic.parature.com
    http://customersupport.ea.com/loginapp/rockband/rockband_portal.html

I can't think of any reason offhand why only 9 songs from RB2 would show up, unless they are the 9 HMX band songs. Can you name some of the songs from RB2 that you can see in Blitz?

Thanks to everyone who has posted answers and suggestions here. You asked the exact questions I would have and it's a huge help. It's great to see when the community can rally to help like this.
    edited September 2012
    since posting this i have found out that is it the bonus songs, visions ect... the songs that are HMX band songs yes.

i will try them links, thank you very much for the info.
    edited September 2012
    i was trying to submit a ticket but the support link you sent takes me to rock band international and when i click on rockband3.co.uk it comes up with.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.rockband.co.uk
    Did you mean: www.*rockband.*com
    Additional suggestions:
    Go to www.*rockband3.*co.*uk
    Search on Google:

when i click on rockband3.co.uk it comes up with the same page over and over again.

i will try again tomorrow seeing as it appears the site is down for some reason.
  • edited September 2012
    Check your PMs, I just sent you a direct link to our support email that should work.
    edited September 2012
  • xenoranger79xenoranger79 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    I am having the exact same issue on Playstation 3. So far, I have redownloaded and installed the RB2 Export Pack. To be sure it's not corrupted, I am redownloading and installing it again.

Hopefully that fixes it.
  • xenoranger79xenoranger79 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Reinstalling the RB2 DL Pack worked. Not sure why the first pass at it failed.