Issues with pricing during 1st day of RB DLC sale?

bandnewbbandnewb Unsigned
The problem I am having is that Nirvana Pack 01 is priced in the store at 440 and when I attempt to purchase it the Xbox says it is 880

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2012
    wolfx10;4881546 said:
    On xbox it says that the songs prices are 50% off but when i go to the purchace confirmation screen they are 100% price.
    e.g.
    sees metallica pack for 240
    selects to buy
    price to pay is 480

Anyone help me?

The sale prices have not all been changed by microsoft/sony/nintendo yet.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    wolfx10;4881546 said:
    On xbox it says that the songs prices are 50% off but when i go to the purchace confirmation screen they are 100% price.
    e.g.
    sees metallica pack for 240
    selects to buy
    price to pay is 480

Anyone help me?

Be patient maybe? The post itself says that it'll take awhile for the songs to ALL show up as sale price.
  • edited September 2012
    We've had some reports from users that packs / singles display at sale price in the store, appear to be full price at confirmation, but only charge the sale price at purchase but we can't confirm 100%. We're working with MS, Sony and Nintendo to make sure the sale is rolled out as smooth as possible on all consoles, but it will be a rolling change as indicated in the initial announcement. If you sit tight we'll have all pricing resolved shortly.

Thanks for your patience!
  • Ares1927Ares1927 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Word. Just got the Steve Miller Pack priced at 240 points for discount but it charged me 440. The discount hasn't taken effect yet.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I purchased "Gasoline" by Audioslave and "Girlfriend is Better" by Talking Heads, and it charged me 160 points for each even though it said 80 points in the storefront. I guess I'll sit tight until it gets figured out.
  • heatDrive88heatDrive88 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I'm sure like many others, I simply confirmed the purchase without noticing that Microsoft hasn't updated the price on their end yet, even though the Rock Band storefronts have the discounts listed.

In this case, are we going to get the difference of money/points back for our purchase? I probably wouldn't have made the purchase had I known this would happen.
    edited September 2012
    heatDrive88;4881686 said:
    I'm sure like many others, I simply confirmed the purchase without noticing that Microsoft hasn't updated the price on their end yet, even though the Rock Band storefronts have the discounts listed.

In this case, are we going to get the difference of money/points back for our purchase? I probably wouldn't have made the purchase had I known this would happen.

Ditto. I would like to know who to contact for a refund on points.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012

howieduen;4881707 said:
    Ditto. I would like to know who to contact for a refund on points.

with gears of war 3, the season pass had the same thing with the first piece of DLC (you still had to pay for it) some people accidentally did this. they had to call microsoft to get their points back. so you might want to try this.

although don't look too surprised if they give you a hard time about it, because there's a reason why they show the price twice.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I recognize that I messed up - as did many others. I won't be too hurt if I don't get a refund but I'll be pretty annoyed at most.

It probably didn't help that I don't particularly like the Xbox's UI interface when buying DLC in the Rock Band Blitz storefront, which doesn't match the same UI interface when buying something normally off Xbox Live.
  • edited September 2012

We're still waiting on updates from Microsoft (who are 3 hours behind our office FYI) regarding the store updates, so until we post otherwise I would STRONGLY recommend that people pay VERY close attention to store pricing, the confirmation screen pricing and the final purchase price. Since we don't control the final pricing on Microsoft's end, I can't provide a definitive list of what has already been discounted and what is still waiting.

We'll see if we can get next steps on getting refunds, but that's not something we control or have access to.
  • Xerxes480Xerxes480 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    As of about 5pm Pacific, all sale items are still showing up as full price on the confirmation screen (Xbox). I was looking forward to shopping for new songs all day....bummer.
  • bmnbmn Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Weezer's (If you're wondering...) is also showing purchase price of 80, but confirmation of 160 points.
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry;4881876 said:
    We're still waiting on updates from Microsoft (who are 3 hours behind our office FYI) regarding the store updates, so until we post otherwise I would STRONGLY recommend that people pay VERY close attention to store pricing, the confirmation screen pricing and the final purchase price. Since we don't control the final pricing on Microsoft's end, I can't provide a definitive list of what has already been discounted and what is still waiting.

We'll see if we can get next steps on getting refunds, but that's not something we control or have access to.

Okay, great. Thanks for this.
  • HobbinGuyHobbinGuy Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I also would vote for a refund. I get it -- I should have noticed the second price -- but since the store price said 80, I didn't pay attention to the second screen. Granted, it's only $1, but when you are planning to get dozens of songs, it adds up. Please keep us updated once it's all sorted out.
  • d-carlessd-carless Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    hope this promo will be extended
  • THEELIMINATORTHEELIMINATOR Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Just letting ye guy know, that with PS3 EU (Ireland in my case) there has been no budge on the price of any of the songs from what I cant see, whether on the displayed price or when you go to checkout. Checked the PSN store and the sales tab on both RB3 and Blitz. Not really surprised tbh, I would have been more surprised if Sony EU didn't make a hash of it.
    edited September 2012
    HobbinGuy;4882107 said:
    I also would vote for a refund. I get it -- I should have noticed the second price -- but since the store price said 80, I didn't pay attention to the second screen. Granted, it's only $1, but when you are planning to get dozens of songs, it adds up. Please keep us updated once it's all sorted out.

Yeah, same thing here. I just got excited and wasn't even paying attention. I was going to buy a bunch of songs. Luckily I caught it after the second song I purchased, so I just stopped. I'm going to try again tonight.

Anyways, if I can get those 160 points back, I'll just use them toward 2 more songs.
  • edited September 2012
    Just wanted to update that we had a meeting about this first thing this morning. We're still waiting on additional info from Microsoft, but we've confirmed that prices are still updating on a rolling schedule, just slower than expected. The hope is to now have all content priced correctly in the store, in the confirmation screen and at purchase by the end of the day today. We worked closely with Microsoft on prepping this, but with a sale including 1,100 pieces of content, there's no precedent and no way to test everything, but we'll work to course correct as quickly as possible.

As of right now, roughly 40% of all tracks should be listed, priced and charging as intended. If you stumble across an offer that is not yet correct, sit tight and it should be updated quickly. Don't rush in and purchase blindly unless you want to have to contact Microsoft to sort out pricing and refund details after the fact. We'll see if we can get an escalation path for refunds for affected users, but in the meantime the usual support channels seem to be doing the trick.

Thanks to all for your patience!
    THEELIMINATOR;4882419 said:
    Just letting ye guy know, that with PS3 EU (Ireland in my case) there has been no budge on the price of any of the songs from what I cant see, whether on the displayed price or when you go to checkout. Checked the PSN store and the sales tab on both RB3 and Blitz. Not really surprised tbh, I would have been more surprised if Sony EU didn't make a hash of it.
    As per the original announcement, the expectation has been that SCEE would update later today when the DLC usually goes live, so it's not too surprising that prices haven't been updated yet. I'll give SCEE until the end of the day to start their roll out, but the Sony America launch went very smoothly so that's a good sign.
  • LAKUWAVELAKUWAVE Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I just noticed also that pricing was different in rock band store view and live marketplace. I got a bit scared because i had by then purchased 10 songs, but when i checked my xbox live account billing information, it showed that correct amount of points were taken from my account.
  • THEELIMINATORTHEELIMINATOR Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry;4882450 said:
    As per the original announcement, the expectation has been that SCEE would update later today when the DLC usually goes live, so it's not too surprising that prices haven't been updated yet. I'll give SCEE until the end of the day to start their roll out, but the Sony America launch went very smoothly so that's a good sign.

Thanks for the quick replay. The store already updated when I posted originally but just checked now and the discount does seems to have applied now. Looking forward to breaking the old credit card now :-)
  • chuftybadgechuftybadge Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry... There is a simple way to test the system, just try and purchase some songs yourself then await the outcome. I know there are a lot of songs and prices to adjust but you would have thought that Microsoft would been aware of your changes to prices before you made it public knowledge so they could of start to work on the change in prices and tested it before hand. It's not as if you rang them up 2 days ago and said " Can you change the prices on the following 1000+ items please, and thank you mr microsoft man "

Don't take this as a dig at the harmonix team because the games are great, but i do think that a bit more thought and testing needs to go into something like this rather than thinking " I know how can we make a quick few bucks in a short space of time "
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Looks like the 40% of stuff that's changed is not the packs I'm looking to purchase. Just tried all these and no reduction even at the confirmation screen. This is using the online marketplace since I'm not able to jump onto the xbox at the momemt.

Alice Cooper : 800
    Punk Pack 01 : 440
    Foo Fighters 01 : 440
    Foo Fighters 02 : 440
    Foo Fighters 03 : 560
    Foreigner 01 : 440
    KISS Pack 01 : 440
    Maroon 5 01 : 440
    Thin Lizzy 01 : 440
    Weezer 01 : 440
    Weezer 03 : 440
    Night Ranger 01 : 440

--
    Punk 01 & Weezer 01 finally updated!
  • originalvonsteroriginalvonster Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    The UK store has been updated with the new pricing but for the single tracks I can confirm that there has only been a 35% discount, not a 50% like first announced! :(
  • edited September 2012
    chuftybadge;4882603 said:
    hmxhenry... There is a simple way to test the system, just try and purchase some songs yourself then await the outcome.

Don't take this as a dig at the harmonix team because the games are great, but i do think that a bit more thought and testing needs to go into something like this rather than thinking " I know how can we make a quick few bucks in a short space of time "
    I don't know if you've read any of our other commentary on the work that went into the sale, either in other posts here on the forums, on Twitter or on the livestream, but this is something that we've been talking with Microsoft about for the last year and something that's actively been in the works for the last 6 months. In that time, we've both done extensive rounds of testing, but dropping prices on 1,100 pieces of content worldwide is absolutely unprecedented. It's like saying "Hey NASA, your recent shuttle launch is delayed 24 hours? Why didn't you just practice DEFYING THE IMMUTABLE LAWS OF GRAVITY AND TOUCHING THE FACE OF GOD FIRST, you dummies!"

So yeah, we've done testing. We've done random sampling, followed up on all tracks and packs people have called out specifically and we're in touch with Microsoft to resolve ASAP. This isn't something that could have been resolved with more testing, since it's not actually an issue with the content in the store. What happened is that Microsoft has a script to update the pricing on these 1,100 pieces of content, and the script was expected to update over a span of 12 hours. The script ended up running slower than expected, so the rolling change will end up taking full effect closer to the 36 hour mark.

Considering this is a brief delay on one console (PS3 and Wii sale updates went off nearly without a hitch, mind you), we've been messaging updates as quickly as possible and Microsoft has been extremely diligent in refunding the (few) people who have been charged the incorrect amount. Hopefully that sheds a bit more light on the process and highlights that this was substantially more than the half baked cash grab you seem to think it is.
    originalvonster;4882624 said:
    The UK store has been updated with the new pricing but for the single tracks I can confirm that there has only been a 35% discount, not a 50% like first announced! :(

We're touching bases with SCEE about this and the initial response has been that local market conditions will vary, but there will still be substantial savings worldwide. Italy, for example, should have the intended 50% discount from what we've been told, but other countries in Europe are affected differently. We don't have complete control over pricing, especially internationally, where conversion rates can change drastically from dollars to pounds to Euro to local currency. We'll reach out for more info, but it's unlikely that SCEE will be able to change their entire conversion and pricing structure, which affects all DLC across all titles.
  • Brown-x360aBrown-x360a Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    It's not a clean 50% for some items. Some of the albums are in the 40-45% range. I'm in the states, but it sounds like it's worse for you.

EDIT: Well, nevermind. I just got worked...
    edited September 2012
    LAKUWAVE;4882476 said:
    I just noticed also that pricing was different in rock band store view and live marketplace. I got a bit scared because i had by then purchased 10 songs, but when i checked my xbox live account billing information, it showed that correct amount of points were taken from my account.

I can second this as of today.

I just checked my Microsoft points balance right now, and while I mistakenly made the hasty purchase in excitement for the Alice Cooper 01 pack and was originally charged 800 MS points, my points balance statement now lists that only 400 MS points were rightfully charged.

So I'm guessing if you were over-charged the opening day of the sale, you should have been refunded the difference of the sale price by now.

Thanks again to hmxhenry for the quick updates.
  • jargonfacerjargonfacer Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    As long as I don't run out of time to throw my money at the DLC before it goes back to regular price, I'm fine with waiting a bit longer.
  • Brown-x360aBrown-x360a Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    jargonfacer;4882760 said:
    As long as I don't run out of time to throw my money at the DLC before it goes back to regular price, I'm fine with waiting a bit longer.

This. I loaded up $150 worth of points to throw at this sale, and I'm not using it until everything is 100%. Don't make me regret it.
  • originalvonsteroriginalvonster Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry;4882710 said:
    We're touching bases with SCEE about this and the initial response has been that local market conditions will vary, but there will still be substantial savings worldwide. Italy, for example, should have the intended 50% discount from what we've been told, but other countries in Europe are affected differently. We don't have complete control over pricing, especially internationally, where conversion rates can change drastically from dollars to pounds to Euro to local currency. We'll reach out for more info, but it's unlikely that SCEE will be able to change their entire conversion and pricing structure, which affects all DLC across all titles.

Thanks for your reply hmxhenry, appreciate the fan interactivity, which is what I love about Harmonix. As for the pricing, I initially expected 50% like everyone else, not to see 99p go to 65p instead of 49/50p. Anyway I am glad we got a discount :) 50+ songs purchased within the last 48 hours proves that I think :)
  • edited September 2012
    originalvonster;4883377 said:
    Thanks for your reply hmxhenry, appreciate the fan interactivity, which is what I love about Harmonix. As for the pricing, I initially expected 50% like everyone else, not to see 99p go to 65p instead of 49/50p. Anyway I am glad we got a discount :) 50+ songs purchased within the last 48 hours proves that I think :)

Truth be told, that's what I had expected as well. I wasn't aware Sony was planning an exchange rate update, but understand that this would be the ideal time to do it while also updating 1,100 pieces of content. We would have messaged more clearly had we known prior to the sale. Glad we were still able to involve all regions and it's great to hear that you're finding so much stuff!

Recent updates from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo sound like the sale should be fully rolled out on all consoles in all regions, and barring a few oddball tracks that need tweaking in the PS3 Australian store we should be good to go! Snag those packs and singles you've had on your wishlist, pad your library with new songs for Blitz to earn more coins, pick up tracks to help you complete Goals in RB World and enjoy all the sale content!