Precise Overdrive Meter Mechanics

iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
1. There seems to be two categories of Overdrive power-ups:
i. One that I can activate multiple times, with each activation depleting a fixed amount of OD, i.e. Bottle Rocket. Does each activation drain the same fraction of my OD meter for each of the power-ups of this category?

ii. One that I can activate once, with the OD meter gradually decreasing over time, i.e. Jackpot. Once activated, does my OD meter drain at the same rate for each of the power-ups of this category?

2. Given I hit an OD note, is the fraction of my OD meter that's filled the same for all OD power-ups?
i. More specifically, for the power-ups in 1.ii., what is this gain of my OD meter in terms of OD notes per measure (or the reciprocal)? For example, if I hit 10 OD notes then that will be worth 1 measure (4 beats) of Jackpot once activated (which is a completely made-up statistic). Furthermore, what is the OD meter's capacity in terms of measures?

ii. In general, I know that 1 beat of a single sustain note is worth the same as 2 regular notes. Does this metric also hold for the amount of OD meter gained from sustains, i.e. is 1 beat of a single OD sustain worth the same as 2 OD notes in terms of OD acquired, or is it worth something less?

Comments

• iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Bump? Surely there are developers who know have answers? Technical details like these are pretty crucial is acquiring high scores
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Isn't it more fun (or, in fact, a crucial part of playing the game) to figure it our on your own? Actually, you seem to have figured a LOT of it out already, and you're just looking for confirmation.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    iamchris4life;4882547 said:
    Bump? Surely there are developers who know have answers? Technical details like these are pretty crucial is acquiring high scores

Please don't bump threads, it's considered poor form. Surely there are devs who know these technical details, but they're also busy working on secret projects and may not have time to read every thread and try to answer every question. Generally these forums are for the community to discuss things, and if you're specifically looking to ask a dev, a PM may be a better option (but still no guarantee that you'll get the response you're looking for).