Hardest songs to Gold Star

Firestarter496Firestarter496 Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
I've been playing Blitz for a week now and am totally addicted!

I have managed to gold star almost every song with the exception of these 7:

Living Color - Cult of Personality (High Score - 367,738)

Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head (Edit - Completed, 15th try)

My Chemical Romance - Sing (Edit- Completed, 13th try)

Tears for Fears - Shout (Edit- Completed, 12th try)

Queen - Death on Two Legs (Edit - Completed, 9th Try)

Shinedown - Dimond Eyes (Edit - Completed, 8th Try)

Soundgarden - Spoonman (Edit - Completed, 6th Try)

Just wondering what songs everyone else is really struggling with and discuss strategy for the hardest ones

Comments

• Firestarter496Firestarter496 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I use Jackpot instead of road rage unless Im finding it really hard to keep the multiplier maxed out.

On bang your head I've been trying to use the jackpot and the long guitar sustains but sometimes forget to keep the multiplier up on the vocals on one of the sections which has a bit of vocals near the beginning and nothing till the next checkpoint
    edited September 2012
    Oh and when I say gold star every song I only meant for the achievement (IE the Blitz tracks)
  • zegsigmazegsigma Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    oh ok then i did not know you meant that, i am getting the 5* every blitz track but when i first started playing i could only 4* them so i have to do them all again which i will be working on after i have done the rock band 1 goal which i am working on now. i dont think i will be going for the gold star trophy mainly for the reason i am sure i can get about 75% of the GS but if i set myself the target i will get really annoyed with it and end up quitting, if i set my challenges lower to getting 5* on every song Blitz RB1, RB2, RB3, DLC, RBN then i think i will be around for a lot longer cos i have so many songs and it is a target i am sure i could do with a bit more practice on perfecting some lane changes i have been stuck on.

also how important is keeping blitz than getting the purple notes? is it worth losing blitz to get a purple?
  • VampIncVampInc Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    zegsigma, Keep your eyes moving at all times when you see the white/silver notes go after them, same applies to the purple notes. It's not really about not missing notes. Don't worry if you do. If you focus on both of those notes and then when you don't have either silver or purple focus on the track you need to level, if all tracks are maxed and you don't have any silver or purple notes then focus on the super guitar track.
    I hope this helps you some.
    Good luck and don't give you. But your right, if it was that easy then what fun would the game be??
    edited September 2012
    Down to 4 songs now.

Gold Starred "Diamond Eyes - Shinedown" using Jackpot/Bombs/Super Guitar

Gold Starred "Death on Two Legs - Queen" using Roadrage/Bombs/Super Guitar

Really struggling to keep my multipliers up on Shout, and Sing, whilst still using Jackpot effectively.

Keep failing my jackpot on "Bang Your Head" because I have to keep all the multipliers up and once they're done i'm in a guitar solo. i just cant just ride the long sustains without missing out on the multipliers on the other instruments.

Cult of Personality I just cant seem to stay in blitz mode and you can forget jackpot because if you enter one of those guitar solos your screwed
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Did anyone else struggle with Kids in the street? That song took me ages to do! :(

Shout on the other hand was done on the second try....
    edited September 2012
    Kids on the street took me 3 attempts. Think i used roadrage/bombs/prodrums as there is no guitar solo as far as i remember.

Shout on the other hand has not been completed after 10 attempts >_< really struggle keeping the multipliers up on it and using the jackpot effectively
    edited September 2012
    Firestarter496;4883514 said:
    Kids on the street took me 3 attempts. Think i used roadrage/bombs/prodrums as there is no guitar solo as far as i remember.

Shout on the other hand has not been completed after 10 attempts >_< really struggle keeping the multipliers up on it and using the jackpot effectively
    You have to prioritize the multipliers at the start, then use jackpot on the guitar sustains when they come in halfway through the song. I know it's easy to say/hard to pull off :( But stick with it, and you'll get there in the end :)
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Not Blitz but Billy Joel's Captain Jack gold stars are just eluding me.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    ghostofjarjar;4883618 said:

hmm I haven't tried that song yet, but I'll see what I can do with it.

I still think Child in Time is by far the hardest song to Gold Star.

Tuesday's Gone, Light My Fire, One Vision weren't easy to get but managed those.
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Welcome Home is hard as all hell.
    edited September 2012
    has anyone here yet GS'd wont get fooled again? and what set-up do you use? i cant even 5* that songs and at the moment i always getting 5*/GS songs on sightreads and i have done won't get fooled again quite a few times and i cannot get it done.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    By Your Command by Devin Townsend and The Thief In The Night (Part 1) by Chaotrope gives me a lot of trouble, and I suspect both of them comes from the dual soloing going on. By Your Command have those 3-4 random 2 second all instrument "solos" while Thief got the guitar and keys playing the solo together for 2 checkpoints, making it impossible to get a 100%, possibly even 90%, on either without skipping on multipliers.

I am gonna try using Bottle Rockets on By Your Command though and see if that would make it possible to hit those solos and snag a GS, but the ending is still insanely hard to play note-wise on the guitar track so still could be tricky.

As for Blitz tracks, yeah Shout, Cult of Personality and Death on Two Legs are all really tricky
  • SkylineFauxSkylineFaux Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I'm curious if anyone has actually gold starred Homecoming. I'm #3 on the RBW leaderboards with 1.17m and still rather far from the top of The Duke's meter.

Also, out of the 260+ songs I've played, this is the only song with 5*s on mine. And yes, I have gold starred Welcome Home and Won't Get Fooled Again.

As for power-ups, I always use Jackpot/Blast/Super X.
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Just S-ranked the achievements. Had 4 songs that I just couldn't crack gold stars on (Spoonman, Diamond Eyes, Sing, & Cult of Personality). Took a break from the game for a while, then came back last night and got Spoonman, then the other 3 just now.

Bombs + Rockets (for Spoonman) or Road Rage (for the rest) eventually got me through all of them. The breakthrough on at least a couple of them was changing my instrument bonus (ie doing vocals bonus on Sing and bass on Spoonman). For a while I was thinking it was impossible to do without Jackpot.

I'll give By Your Command a shot later.
  • RevhallowRevhallow Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I've gotta start checking out Jackpot. I always use bandmate, but everyone seems to recommend the Jackpot.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Rockets and Road Rage with Blast is the setup that works best for me. I do try Bandmate/Flame every so often though. Jackpot is good with long sustains and as long as you don't screw up your streak. Rockets are nice because they clear the entire highway like Blast does.
    edited September 2012
    when you guy's talk about sustains are you talking about a streak of notes of notes that are held for a long time?
  • SkylineFauxSkylineFaux Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    zegsigma;4884355 said:
    when you guy's talk about sustains are you talking about a streak of notes of notes that are held for a long time?
    Yes. Double sustains on high multipliers rack up insane amounts of points. It's even crazier when you put it on Jackpot. One long double sustain could net you well over 100k.
    edited September 2012
    SkylineFaux;4884398 said:
    Yes. Double sustains on high multipliers rack up insane amounts of points. It's even crazier when you put it on Jackpot. One long double sustain could net you well over 100k.

ok then thanks very much. i will now look out for sustains :)
    edited September 2012
    decyferdownrocks;4883655 said:
    Welcome Home is hard as all hell.
    It gold stars around 519,000 is that helps :)
    edited September 2012
    talking about hard songs to gold star it seems that most are the ones with problems at the beginning of the songs while trying to get the multiplier up from the beginning, i was wondering if there was a thread for songs that have what people called broken multiplier sets.

i have been on a few songs that it says there needs to be notes on a certain lane played when there are not enough of the notes to get the multiplier up or no notes at all and then it says you have failed to get the required multiplier and does not increase.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    T-Hybrid;4882567 said:
    Tip For Shout: Jackpot + Super Guitar -> Trigger it during the long Double Sustains. MAJOR points as long as you keep your multiplier climbing.
    Definitely this. Shout is very easy to gold star as long as you use Jackpot and Super Guitar on the sustains before and after the guitar solo.

With Bang Your Head it's pretty much the same story. Just make sure you get 100% on the first solo and use a fully charged Jackpot on the guitar sustain at the end of the song.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    ghostofjarjar;4883618 said:

http://i.imgur.com/sL9dS.jpg

2nd try. Not that hard.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    zage1337;4884867 said:
    http://i.imgur.com/sL9dS.jpg

2nd try. Not that hard.
    I finally just got it too after using Jackpot, thanks! 2nd only to you 771,260 haha
  • Hobo111Hobo111 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    SkylineFaux;4883919 said:
    I'm curious if anyone has actually gold starred Homecoming. I'm #3 on the RBW leaderboards with 1.17m and still rather far from the top of The Duke's meter.
    I've gold starred it with jackpot, blast notes, and super guitar, cutoff is around 1.91 mil. It's definitely a ***** though.
    edited September 2012
    Hobo111;4885862 said:
    I've gold starred it with jackpot, blast notes, and super guitar, cutoff is around 1.91 mil. It's definitely a ***** though.
    I'll second that! Same setup, and keep scoring between 800,000 and 1,090,000 ¬_¬ I will get those gold stars!
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    The Thief in the Night - Part I by Chaotrope .
  • RyoandrRyoandr Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    For bang your head, I used 2x for the huge solo and the bass BRE
    For cult of personality, Rocket or Road Rage, keep at least 1 activation for the end part (after the last vocals).
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    The only song I have yet to gold star is diamond eyes...any tips would be much appreciated...I am currently using RR,SG and blast. Any other strategies?