DLC Discussion Thread Week of 9/25: Green Day 5 Pack! "Oh Love" Plus 4 GDRB Classics

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4883888 said:

If they were released as RB3 version, that I could somehow understand. But seriously, what the hell? This makes no sense at all. With the same logic, shouldn't you release all previous discs as DLC, too?
    I am 100000000000000000000% for this if they get RB3 Versions with Pro Upgrades.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4883888 said:
    What the hell?

Really? You're releasing the entire GD:RB setlist as DLC, and they're NOT EVEN GETTING KEYS UPGRADES? Why waste potential new DLC slots with content we already have?

If they were released as RB3 version, that I could somehow understand. But seriously, what the hell? This makes no sense at all. With the same logic, shouldn't you release all previous discs as DLC, too?

Also, screw SCEE, continuously delaying our content.

This is going to be such a good day.
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    And the thing is, Oh Love is the ONE song I would have bought a pro-guitar gupgrade for in about a year.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited September 2012
    jeronemitchell;4883889 said:
    As someone that doesn't have GD:RB, I don't mind this.

I will cite that they've just established, in my mind, pre-RB3 DLC as worth $1. With that said, this doesn't strike me as a heavy keyboard group anyway, are they?

Gonna listen and judge, as normal... but I honestly see no reason to not use this as an excuse to have more 4+ track weeks for a while. Three new DLC + 2-4 Green Day tracks a week would kick butt.

Heck... the more I think of this, the more I like this precedent. I think the Wii folk would love it if RB1 were released this way, as an example.

Listen to Last Night on Earth, Jesus of Suburbia and Restless Heart Syndrome, the latter and former being pretty much nothing BUT KEYS.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited September 2012
    Hey look! 5 songs in one week!!! Wait...
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2012
    loving this. Keep it going folks!
    edited September 2012
    Witticus;4883897 said:
    Hey look! 5 songs in one week!!! Wait...

HMX totally trolled us, lol.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2012
    Once all of the tracks have been released, Harmonix should release a "Green Day Megapack" with all of the songs for 1600 MSP. Because while I would have purchased GD:RB and the export key for maybe a combined price of twenty-five or thirty bucks, I'm not sure if I'm willing to cough up approximately eighty dollars to get these songs as DLC.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited September 2012
    Well, this is weird... but, heck, if HMX can do this with Green Day I have renewed hopes (dreams, fantasies, wishful thinking) they will find a way to push the Beatles over to Rock Band.

I have the Green Day exported, so this will be another week of nothing for me... I really don't mind "Oh Love" as a song, so I might get it someday, but not any time soon.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Surprised at no Pro Upgrades, especially for the rereleased songs.

I can only hope the future Green Day rereleases have some Pro Upgrades.
  • edited September 2012
    Only one song from GD RB has keys in it? That doesn't sound true at all. It's been a while since I played trough it but I remember 21st Century Breakdown having a few songs with keys.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Wow, we've gone from 10 new songs a week, to three new songs a week, to...one new song this week. This is truly an all-time low.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I guess this is good for those who didn't get the game, but...

the worst possible waste of DLC weeks. Ever. Especially if those coming weeks don't have any new content in addition to these tracks.

For the record, I don't hate Green Day, I actually have all their available content. Still, absolutely ridiculous. I, like many others, yelled "What the ****!" out loud when I saw the announcement.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited September 2012
    Don't know why anyone would buy GDRB songs as DLC.
  • NoVisAnimaNoVisAnima Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4883888 said:
    What the hell?

Really? You're releasing the entire GD:RB setlist as DLC, and they're NOT EVEN GETTING KEYS UPGRADES? Why waste potential new DLC slots with content we already have?

Also, screw SCEE, continuously delaying our content.
    Oh it's pretty easy to understand 3 albums -> 3 weeks of DLC that requires no work to be finished, they can keep the schedule going without having to put resources to it.
    The game itself is hard to find a new copy of so it will be good for people who are coming to the tracks from blitz.

It's a shame that there's no pro guitar support anywhere, but for such an underused product that makes sense.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, since these are technically pre-RB3 songs, shouldn't I be able to get them for a dollar each?
  • JustingreendayJustingreenday Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Oh man this isnt going to be a pretty day, i always try and see positive things regarding DLC, to which yeah its awesome we get a new Green Day song. But a band who are obviously keen to work with hmx, not to mention have 3 new albums coming out and we get one song. Thats a massive bummer.

I dont get why a standard 3 pack wasnt released with two other singles with the 4 tracks on the side. Im pretty sure the rage this thread will get wouldnt be so bad. But just the one song for the hardcore fans, not a good week at all
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    This has GOT to be a joke....right? RIGHT??????

:(

One new song. Ugh....granted I do like the song....but come on. It's just getting depressing now.
    edited September 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4883890 said:
    I am 100000000000000000000% for this if they get RB3 Versions with Pro Upgrades.

This.

But because they are the exact same tracks, unaltered, it's a little weird to me. Still, I get why they're doing it, and I respect Harmonix's decisions.
  • JustingreendayJustingreenday Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4883905 said:
    Only one song from GD RB has keys in it? That doesn't sound true at all. It's been a while since I played trough it but I remember 21st Century Breakdown having a few songs with keys.

Yeah there are plenty of songs which have keys in them
    edited September 2012
    I would laugh my ass off if they released greenday songs, 3 at a time, week after week until they have released every song from the game...
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited September 2012
    Harmonix Glorious Logic thread:

"Hey HMX, there's loads of songs that need harmonies and piano and pro upgrades that were on Rock Band 1 and 2!"
    "Boston would be the best band ever for keys!"
    "Why doesn't This I Love have a keys upgrade considering the whole song is keys?"
    "Can we get The Beatles songs on Rock Band?"

LOL NO HAVE GREEN DAY

"Do they have ke-"

NO TOO MUCH HARD WORK

***HMXhenry edited a slur out of my post because I am incapable of expressing myself without resorting to childish name calling and insensitive language. Someday I hope to grow up!***
  • RyRoboRyRobo Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    As somebody who owns GD:RB already (I don't like Green Day at all, but the family does) and has exported the songs I don't have a problem with this. I'm more bugged that none of the DLC in months has been to my taste, but this stuff happens I guess.

Now that these songs have their own parts in the store surely you guys can add pro upgrades for them? The store seems to be able to tell if a song is already in my library from a track pack or whatever even if I didn't buy it as DLC, so surely this can now be possible for Green Day?

I'm VERY happy these AREN'T RB3 versions, even if I support them normally, for a simple reason. These songs don't have keyboard parts and already have harmonies. There would be no benefit to releasing RB3 versions of them outside of making two separate songs for a track that has no differences. This way online play doesn't have to become segregated if people are owning different versions of the same song.

I hope that the Green Day tracks coming in don't delay the kind of music I'm looking for though for the DLC pipeline...

If you guys do this to RB1 or RB2 tracks like you've suggested before you need to do RB3 versions for some of those though where possible. They'd really benefit from it.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    dog037;4883908 said:
    Don't know why anyone would buy GDRB songs as DLC.

I can only give my personal example - I didn't buy the game because there's only about 10 Green Day songs I would want and I didn't want to have like 50 in my library. This was also before the one-lighter filter was introduced, which has made it much easier to tolerate the bulk exports.

It is a weird situation, but for cherry-pickers like me it's actually quite convenient.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Justingreenday;4883912 said:
    Oh man this isnt going to be a pretty day, i always try and see positive things regarding DLC, to which yeah its awesome we get a new Green Day song. But a band who are obviously keen to work with hmx, not to mention have 3 new albums coming out and we get one song. Thats a massive bummer.

I dont get why a standard 3 pack wasnt released with two other singles with the 4 tracks on the side. Im pretty sure the rage this thread will get wouldnt be so bad. But just the one song for the hardcore fans, not a good week at all

This!

Why they insist on only releasing one pack a week now is beyond me.....especially when that one pack is filled with 4 songs that many people already have!
  • xtodd007xtodd007 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Uh-oh...first the "big sale" and now this. I'm sensing a final cash-in going on here. Gosh darnit!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Cool I guess, for those who got into rock band with blitz. I just hope that the other releases of GD:RB as DLC won't replace new songs.

No pro upgrades AT ALL really makes this announcement kinda stupid. I don't play pro, but what's the point to release Green Day songs if you don't put out pro upgrades? You could just wait until you have the upgrade ready... I suppose.

The choices aren't that good either. Really, Good Riddance? On RB was ok, but Blitz?

I already have GD:RB, and Oh Love is just a mediocre Green Day song slowed down.
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Bleh - one song, this sucks.
    xtodd007;4883924 said:
    Uh-oh...first the "big sale" and now this. I'm sensing a final cash-in going on here. Gosh darnit!
    Really? I'm sensing an "encourage Blitz players to buy DLC"going on here.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    TheStuddz;4883915 said:
    This.

But because they are the exact same tracks, unaltered, it's a little weird to me. Still, I get why they're doing it, and I respect Harmonix's decisions.
    I respect their decisions, but that doesn't mean that I agree with all of them.
    What I fear is that the massive moaning from the community will make them not want to rerelease old content, which is just another nail in the coffin to those who want RB3 Versions.

And I swear I'll blow a gasket if they release Monster again WITHOUT it being a RB3 Version. I freaking swear >:I
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited September 2012
    Language Beeb. You're probably getting banned.