DLC Discussion Thread Week of 9/25: Green Day 5 Pack! "Oh Love" Plus 4 GDRB Classics

Comments

• RyRoboRyRobo Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    TheStuddz;4883971 said:
    But I would have liked some of the strings in "Good Riddance" to have been charted to keys.
    They're already charted to bass, so I guess they're already separated and could have been worked with.

Note that if they made these tracks RB3 versions they would be unplayable with the rest of the online community who got the export.

I have a feeling the whining would have reached whole new higher levels if they went to the effort to release RB3 versions (That would have required them to grab all the masters again and do work) of songs that the forum community likely owns where the updates would have been relatively minor because it's Green Day we're talking about and not Boston.
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Do people also realize that Green Day: Rock Band can be found at retailers for about $10 nowadays, which is the price of just these 5 songs alone? Having keys or AT LEAST pro guitar (it's RB2 era, so it should be possible) would have made it kind of acceptable, but this is just not a great idea.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I'm just surprised that they didn't take the strings part on "Time of your Life" that were CLEARLY charted to bass, and then chart them to keys. Like... that would have been easy AND doable.
  • edited September 2012
    TheStuddz;4883985 said:
    Agreed. L:RB RB3 versions would give us some fantastic keys tracks, as well as some pretty sweet harmonies.

I Want You Back.

It would be amazing.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited September 2012
    atalkingfish;4883994 said:
    I'm just surprised that they didn't take the strings part on "Time of your Life" that were CLEARLY charted to bass, and then chart them to keys. Like... that would have been easy AND doable.

But then you get people with GDRB having to buy it again.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2012
    atalkingfish;4883994 said:

You could just play the bass part on keys.
  • razzorrrazzorr Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Sad
    1 new song
    4 copies
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
    Hey, more money to spend on the sale!
  • APackofRabidSquirrelsAPackofRabidSquirrels Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    "Adjust expectations accordingly."

I adjusted them for this year, I accepted it.

But this...this is just silly. And slightly tragic.

I realize its just a game. And DLC 5 years running is a milestone likely unbeatable in the history of life...but this is somewhat ominous, specifically that you've stated you're releasing the entire back catalog of GD:RB in short order. I read this as: "Don't expect much new DLC". Which wouldn't sting nearly as much (or at all, really), if these were retrofit with keys and pro upgrades. I've financially supported legacy upgrades from the start. Hell, if you released legacy DLC upgrades with keys (and maybe pro ups) for a $1, I'd shower you with money.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    TheDescent;4883984 said:
    It is? The game itself is sold on amazon at 12 bucks. Don't know the actual status of the export code (I mean if it works or not) but... does it make sense? If someone likes, say, more than 6 songs, cherry picking stuff from those packs it's just a loss of money (yes considering the export cost, but the fact that you can return the used copy to gamestop).

Yeah, you could be right. I considered getting it on Amazon but it was one of those things that I never really got around to doing. I'm content to do it this way though.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Okay, that Oh Love song somehow managed to be worse than all of 21st Century Breakdown. Worst week of the year IMO
  • IIICCIIIIIICCIII Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    No thanks, already have enough Green Day Songs. 0.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited September 2012
    At least it looks like they'll be releasing the albums all at once.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited September 2012
    bigmf;4884002 said:

People, pay attention to this. The sale is kewl!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    thestuddz;4883985 said:
    agreed. L:rb rb3 versions would give us some fantastic keys tracks, as well as some pretty sweet harmonies.

it's the final countdowwwwwwwwnnn

we're leaving togetheeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaeeeeeer
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2012
    where's the fun in that? Knowing how HMX likes to troll with us, they'll release 3 songs at once, until all of the game songs are released. :p
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    jeronemitchell;4883947 said:
    I never thought I'd say this, but...

FORUM... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... DO /NOT/ ACT LIKE THE FORUM RIGHT NOW!

(Said in Amy Schumer tone from her Comedy Central special)

Seriously... There are a LOT of people that have not had the chance to get a lot of the exported Rock Band stuff.

12 bucks on amazon was too hard for them?

Yeah I'm not feeling sorry for them, this sucks. GDRB is two years old anyone who wanted should already have it.

I've tried not to complain about DLC, but this sucks.
    bigmf;4884002 said:
    I wish.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2012
    There's 3 songs left from the incomplete albums which aren't part of this pack:
    Geek Stink Breath
    Nice Guys Finish Last
    Hitchin' A Ride
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2012
    OH DARN I JUST REALIZED THIS MEANS WE AREN'T GETTING MUMFORD & SONS DLC NEXT WEEK!! :(

I'll get over it.
  • AnacondaAnaconda Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    sillystou;4884013 said:
    where's the fun in that? Knowing how HMX likes to troll with us, they'll release 3 songs at once, until all of the game songs are released. :p
    ^This
    + more consecutive weeks of DLC!
  • Robd1978Robd1978 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    So are they going to dribble out 5 pack weeks of old songs? This is stupid. If people really wanted them they would have bought them when they came out 2 years ago or sought out a used copy.

This tells me the pipeline is very thin. Writing is on the wall.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I would of been willing to but Good Riddance again had you guys updated it to where the Strings Accompaniment was on keyboard instead of bass, but i guess oh well...
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited September 2012
    Another no-buy week for me. That makes 17 weeks this year of no purchases (a personal record).
  • RyRoboRyRobo Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to be very interested to see this weeks DLC sales in the thread compared to the last few weeks. I think a lot of guys here would be surprised by how many people have no idea a Green Day game exists.

Then again, I think a lot of people would be surprised at how many people have no idea Rock Band has DLC, let alone still doing it 5 years later...

Will be fun.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4884021 said:
    #NoNeedForNameCallingOrBlamingSomeone

You're a jerk and this is your fault.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    DLC bank seems to be getting thin if they're down to clearing these out the queue. Of course I'll be called an alarmist again, but seriously, they know they won't sell a huge load of these. Big sale on old stuff, re-releasing previously track pack exclusive old stuff, yeah this doesn't hint to anything at all.

Personally I think it's great that they are making these available. Hopefully we'll see AC/DC, Lego and perhaps even Beatles songs "as-is" (no keys).

Why not RB1, RB2 and RB3 while they're at it. If the licensing allows it, make it all available for the Blitz folks.

And before I get flamed as a pessimistic jerk, I'm only trying to figure out HMX's next move. Yes, I beleive/speculate/expect RB3 DLC will be no more come 2013, but that doesn't mean everything is getting tossed out the window. HMX has a gigantic library to capitalize on. Blitz was one interesting way, they very likely have more planned to take advantage of this huge asset.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4884021 said:
    #NoNeedForNameCallingOrBlamingSomeone

True, but sometimes it's worth it.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2012
    I'm just now coming to understand how unbelievably funny this is. When Green Day Rock Band was first announced, people complained that they were being forced to buy the game and get all the songs at once. People complained about this a lot. Certain people explained that if all the GDRB songs came out as DLC, people would still complain about all these Green Day songs "getting in the way of other artists." Well, now we will actually be able to live out this hypothetical scenario and watch the people complain about it!!!

It's like Hemingway's Iceberg Theory or something... there are so many layers of humor in this situation. It's stunning really.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited September 2012
    My only questions are why no pro guitar, and if they had some upgrades would they work with the exports too? Other than that I'm cool with people getting a chance to pick up Green Day even if I have them already.

Would have liked Let Yourself Go a lot beter, but Oh Love is okay.