DLC Discussion Thread Week of 9/25: Green Day 5 Pack! "Oh Love" Plus 4 GDRB Classics

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4875818 said:
Hey gang,

On September 25th, multi-platinum selling and Grammy Award winning group Green Day will release ¡Uno! , the first of the ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! studio album trilogy. On that same day “Oh Love,” the first single from ¡Uno! – the band’s ninth studio album – will be available on the Rock Band Music Store!

Fans can also pick up four other Green Day hits which were previously only available as part of Green Day Rock Band: “Brain Stew/Jaded,” “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life),” “Warning,” and “Minority”.

These four songs, along with “Oh Love,” will be available as part of “Green Day Pack 03” or can be purchased individually from the Rock Band Music Store!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (September 25th, 2012):

• Green Day – “Brain Stew/Jaded”
• Green Day – “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)”
• Green Day – “Warning”
• Green Day – “Minority”
• Green Day – “Oh Love” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system October 10th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Price:

$ 8.49, £4.39 UK, € 6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points™) for the “Green Day Pack 03”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Green morning, green day, won't you see things my way?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    And here are your RBN songs:
    hmxhenry;4883442 said:
    Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 9/20/2012:

Metal

Amberian Dawn – “Cold Kiss” (160 MSP)
    Ava Inferi – “Majesty” (160 MSP)
    Edenshade – “Things I’ll Just Pretend” (80 MSP)
    Edenshade – “Things I’ll Just Pretend (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
    Halcyon Way – “Our Finest Hour (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
    Soma Dark – “Resolute” (80 MSP)
    Strikken – “Closer” (80 MSP)”
    The Unguided – “Phoenix Down” (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Astra Kelly – “Like Never Before” (80 MSP)
    Mikel James – “Back to You” (160 MSP)

Prog

Shylo Elliott – “Phantasmal Cruise” (80 MSP)
    Shylo Elliott – “Phantasmal Cruise (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)

Punk

Flatfoot 56 – “I Believe It” (160 MSP)

Rock

A Life Divided – “Doesn’t Count” (80 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 9/25/2012 (North America) and 10/2/2012 (Europe):

SikTh - "Bland Street Bloom" ($1.99) - Metal
    Aiden - "Broken Bones" ($1.99) - Punk
    Close Your Eyes - "Keep the Lights On" ($1.99) - Punk
    Jeremy Manjorin - "Skinny Seventeen" ($0.99) - Rock
    Edge - "Flesh and Blood" ($0.99) - Alternative

“Bland Street Bloom” will be released in Europe on PS3 on Sept. 26. The European release of the other 4 RBN songs has been delayed by 1 week from Sept. 26 to Oct. 3.

And here is an anticipatory FAQ for the Green Day DLC!
    hmxhenry;4883425 said:
    Since there are bound to be a few additional questions about next week's Green Day DLC, I wanted to pop in with a few preemptive details here. I'll be responding to further questions as they pop up in the official discussion thread as usual.

Q: Why are you releasing songs that were previously available on Green Day: Rock Band?

A: As we've done with several of the Track Pack releases in the past, we wanted to release these Green Day songs as DLC to make them available to as many people as possible. GD:RB was released over 2 years ago and may not be readily available at retail any longer, so offering songs as DLC will give all RB3 and RB Blitz players access to these highly requested tracks.

Q: Will you be releasing more songs from GD:RB as DLC? Will you be releasing more new Green Day songs?

A: Yes, we will be releasing the full GD:RB set list as DLC at some point in the near future. Keep posted to future DLC announcements if you'd like to grab songs from Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. We don't have any other new Green Day content on the schedule, but that doesn't mean we can't revisit once Oh Love is out.

Q: Will the GD:RB songs have RB3 features now that they are available as DLC?

A: The GD:RB songs will function as DLC just as they did if you had exported them. That means pro drums in all songs and harmonies where applicable. None of these tracks will have keyboard charting since 1) they are pre RB3 files that would have been incredibly difficult to update and 2) from what the Music Licensing team has told me, only one of the GD:RB songs had keys recorded.

Q: Will "Oh Love" be playable in GD:RB?

A: No, "Oh Love" is being submitted as RB3 DLC, which means it's not compatible with pre RB3 titles like GD:RB, RB2, RB1, etc.

Q: Is this Green Day DLC compatible with the same tracks exported from GD:RB?

A: Yes. If you snag this DLC, it will be playable online with your friends that have exported the same songs from GD:RB. They are compatible in online gameplay and they share the same leaderboards.

Some notable quotes form hmxhenry later on in the thread, for those who don't have time to read the whole thing:
    hmxhenry;4884055 said:
    ...about how we're going to roll out the rest of GDRB: the current plan is to release all of the remaining tracks in one week in the near future.
    hmxhenry;4884120 said:
    We're not putting this out because we're starved for content and there's nothing in the pipeline. [...] We still have DLC lined up for months and we're still supporting Blitz, the game we just released a few weeks ago.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2012
    riot!!!!!!!!!!!

only 1 song this week.....(for those who got the Greenday game already)
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    So like... my jimmies are quite rustled.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Wait... WHAT?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2012
    Hmm, strange. But awesome. I haven't been able to find a GD:RB export key for Xbox, so this will help a lot!

Even though in the end it will be much more expensive than buying the game and getting the export that way.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Not at all what I was expecting. Didn't like Oh Love much and I have GDRB so nothing for me.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Well, this is gonna be interesting.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited September 2012
    One song, bad song, no Pro...

I have questions about moving the ENTIRE GDRB setlist, but I don't want to hear the answers.

Whatever. If it's just one track, I guess I have to get it.
  • edited September 2012
    What? Why?
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    i've got a bad feeling about this
    edited September 2012
    For the rest of the Green Day catalog, is there a possibility for pro upgrades for them?
    edited September 2012
    Wait, so these old GD:RB songs won't have keys where applicable? So they're literally the exact same songs?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2012
    I'm really happy it's like this because it means that HMX can apply pro upgrades to GDRB songs. On the other hand, I'm disappointed about only 1 new track.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited September 2012
    I just said "What the ****?" out loud.

Good job guys, this is officially the worst and stupidest DLC I have ever seen. And I like Green Day.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2012
    Wut.

I don't....

Okay?
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    One new song, re-releases of old songs that aren't updated and not even pro-guitar???.....
    edited September 2012
    But hey everyone, we got a 5-pack!..?

I guess..?
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Oh man! All of GDRB is coming out as DLC?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Holy balls I cannot wait to watch the reactions.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2012
    TheStuddz;4883869 said:

I guess..?

this made me LOL.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited September 2012
    TheStuddz;4883869 said:

I guess..?

Do not even go there, man.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    So no pro guitar/bass upgrades??? Not even for 'Oh Love'? Not even releasing any upgrades for the Blitz soundtrack??

I understand that you guys had to pay to re license these tracks, but if these songs are indeed the same song files as the export then at least add pro guitar/bass upgrades to them.
    edited September 2012
    Well, I guess the anti RB3 version people are happy with themselves.

I will put 100% support behind this if American Idiot gets a pro upgrade. It's one of my most requested pro upgrades.

Please ;_;
  • edited September 2012
    What's the point of this?
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    That's.........interesting.

I actually didn't wind up getting Green Day the game, not a huge fan, more of a casual fan who likes a song here or there. I think I'll get Good Riddance (purely nostalgia) and Minority (always liked that one). I suppose I will grab various songs I like as they are re-released...better than exporting the game and filtering out 2/3rds of it I guess. Still very odd. I expect the thread to explode with indignation around page 10 or so.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    So... basically releasing the GD:RB setlist as DLC as well as retail? I guess I am okay with that for those who haven't gotten the export, but more new tracks on top would have been nice though.

Also kind of disappointing Jesus of Suburbia won't get that Keys update once it is release, but oh well.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited September 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4883876 said:
    Well, I guess the anti RB3 version people are happy with themselves.

I will put 100% support behind this if American Idiot gets a pro upgrade. It's one of my most requested pro upgrades.

Please ;_;

>Wanting pro upgrade for the most annoying song.

lol
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    WTF, legitimate worry about the state of Rock Band right now. Only 1 new song and no pro-upgrade? WTF is the only response I have.
    edited September 2012
    Beeb;4883882 said:
    >Wanting pro upgrade for the most annoying song.

lol
    It's their most iconic song with their most iconic riff.
    Learning to play it will be awesome.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    What the hell?

Really? You're releasing the entire GD:RB setlist as DLC, and they're NOT EVEN GETTING KEYS UPGRADES? Why waste potential new DLC slots with content we already have?

If they were released as RB3 version, that I could somehow understand. But seriously, what the hell? This makes no sense at all. With the same logic, shouldn't you release all previous discs as DLC, too?

Also, screw SCEE, continuously delaying our content.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    As someone that doesn't have GD:RB, I don't mind this.

I will cite that they've just established, in my mind, pre-RB3 DLC as worth $1. With that said, this doesn't strike me as a heavy keyboard group anyway, are they?

Gonna listen and judge, as normal... but I honestly see no reason to not use this as an excuse to have more 4+ track weeks for a while. Three new DLC + 2-4 Green Day tracks a week would kick butt.

Heck... the more I think of this, the more I like this precedent. I think the Wii folk would love it if RB1 were released this way, as an example.