Impossibly Hard songs?

TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Tier 1: Impossible on all instruments including Pro Guitar and Keys and Harmonies.
Tier 2: Impossible on everything except Pro Guitar/Bass
Tier 3: Impossible on Guitar, Bass, Drums/Pro Drums and Vocals.
Tier 4: Impossible on all instruments featured. No Part does not matter.

Please post any song(s) you have that meet these criteria.

Tier 1 Songs List
Llama - Phish

Tier 2 Songs List

Tier 3 Songs List
Painkiller - Judas Priest
Phantom of the Opera - Iron Maiden

Tier 4 Songs List
Piano Sonata No.11 - Ronda Alla Turca (Mozart) - Thomas Walker
Wabi-Sabi - Sky Pie

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    if only on-disc songs weren't ranked way higher than dlc >_>
  • TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4886240 said:
    if only on-disc songs weren't ranked way higher than dlc >_>
    Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that DLC is undertiered? If so, I sort of agree with you. There are notable songs that are really tough but are 3 or 4 circles (My Generation on Bass is a 2)!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    TheBonobo4;4886239 said:
    As in, the song must have Pro Upgrades and Harmonies and Keys.

So....just Llama, then.
    edited September 2012
    Is that really it? That's the only song of many that have Keys and Harmonies and Pro Upgrades to be Devils on everything? That surprises me a lot.
    edited September 2012
    Yup.

I wouldn't doubt that there are a few RBN songs that are devils on Guitar/Bass/Drums/Keys (and maybe Vox), but RBN doesn't have Pro Guitar/Bass, so it's by definition excluded from this.

I think the closest you're gonna come is probably On the Backs of Angels, which is devils on everything but Vox.
    edited September 2012
    Hmm. Did not know that. Fair enough.

In that case extend the list to Devils on everything but Pro Guitar/Pro Bass. It must have Keys and Harmonies though. ;)

Or is that still too restrictive?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4886245 said:
    Yup.

I wouldn't doubt that there are a few RBN songs that are devils on Guitar/Bass/Drums/Keys (and maybe Vox), but RBN doesn't have Pro Guitar/Bass, so it's by definition excluded from this.

I think the only one that's still all-devils is Heavy Weather by Rainbowdragoneyes. When it was released, Buttersnips by Periphery was the same way, but that was RBN1.0 and anything of that era that was devil fell to 5-dot.
    edited September 2012
    Thought sure one (or more) of the Andromeda songs would qualify, but they've all got at least one part that's "only" 5 dots. Most of Chaotrope's RBN2.0 stuff would count except it doesn't have vocals.
    edited September 2012
    Hmm.

Thinking I may need to change the criteria. Something restrictive so very few songs qualify, but not so restrictive there's only 3 songs left.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    Llama is super easy on vocals
    edited September 2012
    Not sure if troll, stupid, or Vocal God.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    none of the above. Its WAY overtiered
    edited September 2012
    It's widely considered to be overtiered, but Vocals are never objective tiering anyway.
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I think it's because it scores curves on vocals better. I'm definitely no expert and I thought I did fine.
    The rest is a nightmare though. It was one of the last songs I got 3 stars on Pro Keys for.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    bass isn't "that" hard. i'd tier it as 5
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    TheBonobo4;4886249 said:
    Hmm.

Thinking I may need to change the criteria. Something restrictive so very few songs qualify, but not so restrictive there's only 3 songs left.
    No question. When I read the first post, I thought, "Does this guy know he just started a list for one song?"

I agree about vocal tiering being subjective, but only up to a point, because I also agree about Llama being preposterously overtiered. I FC'ed it on my second attempt, and I'm a lot better at vocals now than I was then. Hell, even figuring out the optimal overdrive path is a piece of cake.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4886252 said:
    none of the above. Its WAY overtiered
    Would you say it the "Give it away" of this game?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2012
    Why isn't "Heavy Weather (Storm ov the Undead)" by Rainbowdragoneyes in this list, if the new definition is all-devils, doesn't need pro guitar/bass but harmonies and keys?
    SheSaidSheSaid;4886248 said:
    Thought sure one (or more) of the Andromeda songs would qualify, but they've all got at least one part that's "only" 5 dots. Most of Chaotrope's RBN2.0 stuff would count except it doesn't have vocals.

If you combine both parts, "Veil of Illumination" is all-devils. But part 1 is 5-dot on bass (somehow) and part 2 is 5-dot on vocals.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah sorry. I haven't officially defined the new set of rules yet. So far I have a choice of one of the following:

Devils on everything except Pro Upgrades.
    Devils on everything the song has parts for (no Part therefore doesn't matter)

Which do you reckon would be more appropriate? If we accept the first, very few songs would qualify. Maybe less than 10. If we take the second, many more older songs (pre-RB3) would qualify (such as Painkiller, Panic Attack etc).
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    TheBonobo4;4887770 said:
    Yeah sorry. I haven't officially defined the new set of rules yet. So far I have a choice of one of the following:

Devils on everything except Pro Upgrades.
    Devils on everything the song has parts for (no Part therefore doesn't matter)

Which do you reckon would be more appropriate? If we accept the first, very few songs would qualify. Maybe less than 10. If we take the second, many more older songs (pre-RB3) would qualify (such as Painkiller, Panic Attack etc).

The second is more appropriate since pro upgrades do not exist for such a large number of songs.

Panic Attack is five dots on vocals, which is way too high. The only Harmonix-authored DLC I can think of that's all devil tiers is Phantom of the Opera by Iron Maiden, which has no keys part.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2012
    TheBonobo4;4886246 said:
    Or is that still too restrictive?
    Harmonies difficulties = Normal Difficulties, so limiting it to including harmonies is asking a lot. Since you require all instruments, you're eliminated all pre-RB3 DLC as well.

I think Llama is the only song that fits what you're looking for, with Painkiller being the only other one that ever fit what you're looking for prior to RB3.
  • ZaborgZaloogZaborgZaloog Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I'm sorry but this thread is dumb
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Incredibly dumb, considering Llama isn't even that hard.
    edited September 2012
    It's not dumb. Well it is. Extremely dumb. But only because the rules haven't been established yet and the thread hasn't been updated. It was created on an error of my part. Blame me for that. You can. I'll let you. But hopefully when it is updated it won't be. Which it will. And then it won't be.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    It'll still be dumb. All the top metal of the RBN will be ignored because of the 0-dot vocals.
    edited September 2012
    Well then what do you reckon the rules should be?
  • uprkdarkwolfuprkdarkwolf Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    You know a thread fails when I log on here after months of not being around just to post. ;-) So anyway, the criteria as it stands is too restrictive, as you're looking for impossible tiering on every instrument. You're better off going for songs that have at least one instrument that is almost impossible to FC.

Take for instance, "Through The Fire And Flames" by Dragonforce. Now, that song did get FC'd within a month after it was released on RB3. Then there's "I Wish" by Stevie Wonder. That song (as far as I know) has NOT been FC'd on Pro-Guitar/Bass/Keys, and it's been out for over a year. Same with D.Y.F.L.I.D. by Frampton and Paradise... by Meatleaf, both on pro-keys.
  • ZaborgZaloogZaborgZaloog Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Hardest songs as full band. Any combination of G/B/D/K and vox. Songs without vocals are included and are usually harder anyway because there's no free saves.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2012
    I might suggest instead a thread where we nominate the top songs on a per instrument basis, and the ones on a band basis (Band level songs would be songs that qualify on multiple instruments, or are just rough in general even if they don't qualify on a specific instrument)
    edited September 2012
    That's a much better idea. Kind of like the top 100 hardest FCs threads, only instead of FC just hardness in general, and instead of 100, maybe 20 or so.