Free DLC Code Challenge Problem!

JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I've played a bunch of Blitz lately, but still haven't unlocked the ability to play for this goal. On the Rock Band World site it tells me that I need "2 Medium Badges" to unlock the goal. What are these and how the heck do I get them?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4886389 said:
    You play medium goals

Ohhh, I get it. Thanks lol

Any idea how much longer this goal lasts? I'll try and work through a couple of medium goals tonight, but not sure I'll be able to tackle the other until tomorrow
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
    There are only 2000 360 codes and 500 PS3 codes so I dont know how many of each are left
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4886393 said:
    There are only 2000 360 codes and 500 PS3 codes so I dont know how many of each are left

None for the 360 I believe, I did the goal and never got it nor did my friends.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I can confirm that the PS3 are still avalaible, I just won one.

EDIT: I tried to enter it and it says it not correct or invalid... Gonna try to enter it in game and see if it does that.

EDIT2: Well I go in Redeem code in-game, and the pop-up to enter the code does not appear. **** my life.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Alternity;4886441 said:
    I can confirm that the PS3 are still avalaible, I just won one.

EDIT: I tried to enter it and it says it not correct or invalid... Gonna try to enter it in game and see if it does that.

I see from your profile that you're in Montreal, QC.

These codes are money codes. Just like PSN cards, US codes don't work on Canadian accounts nor vice versa.

To redeem this code you're going to have to create a profile on your PS3 associated to a USA-based PSN account. Buy and download the DLC from that acount, then you can see and play it from your main profile/account.
    edited September 2012
    GameMaster439;4886433 said:
    None for the 360 I believe, I did the goal and never got it nor did my friends.

Still plenty of codes left for both systems
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    For last week's Free DLC Code challenge, I started it up right away but only got to play one song (at about 8pm) before I was rudely interupted by real life. I figured the PS3 codes would have all been gone by that point, but SURELY they would be gone by the next time I was able to play, 24 hours later. So I didn't even make another try at the goal until Thursday, when I finished it up and fully expected I would see a message like, "sorry, all codes have been claimed". And yet, I did indeed get a code, and it worked (THANKS!). So maybe the codes run out based on when you start the challenge, not when you finish it?
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    www1221;4886626 said:

My experience would contradict this.

I completed the goal last week, checked the "goal details" section for this specific goal on Facebook Rock Band World the next day, I just got a "loading..." screen forever. Killed browser, went back in and repeat about 10 times before giving up.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Just as a general awareness, Rock Band World doesn't always have up-to-the-minute updates on Goals. I finished the goal the morning it came out, but RBWorld didn't update until later in the day.

Sitting there refreshing only hammers the browser and likely the servers, and if you aren't the only one doing it (which you wouldn't be since everybody playing this goal wants that code) you're only making it worse.

Also, the code doesn't show up in the Details. My code showed up in the description of the Goal when viewed in the "Completed Goals" section of the full list.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    so because your page didn't load you think there are no more codes?
    and to get the code, you need to go to full goal list. scroll to the bottom and it will say the code next to your completed goal
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    So less than 2,500 people play these kind of challenges, damn.
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4886640 said:
    and to get the code, you need to go to full goal list. scroll to the bottom and it will say the code next to your completed goal

After trying over a dozen times and over the course of a few days...yeah, that was what I presumed.
    edited September 2012
    I think Harmonix would have a better idea of if codes are left than some dude.
  • edited September 2012
    Just to chime in, we've confirmed that there are still plenty of codes left in the code bank for both 360 and PS3. RB World Goals don't always update in real time, but I'll flag this to Live Ops to see if they can identify why there may be some users that aren't seeing the code pop up at all.

If you've been waiting more than 48 hours and the free DLC code still hasn't popped up for you, head over to harmonixmusic.parature.com and submit a ticket.
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry;4886669 said:
    Just to chime in, we've confirmed that there are still plenty of codes left in the code bank for both 360 and PS3.

Does this track codes issued or codes redeemed?

Is your code 'booked' when you accept/start the goal, or does the system only determine if there's a code left for you at successful completion time?
  • edited September 2012
    Wow. Less than 500 people played the goal on the PS3? Sad.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I think this is because of a few things...I don't know how many downloads the game has overall, but it has always felt counter-intuitive to pull away from the 360 and check the computer and Facebook for goals. If RBWorld could be accessed in-game I'd hope HMX would see a lot more participation in the goals.
    edited September 2012
    I see that DLCQuickplay.com lists fewer than 1,000 users for the Blitz songs. Is this supposed to include everyone (not just people registered on DLCQuickplay) that has recorded a score on these songs, on any instrument, within RB3? On both PS3 and the 360? That's much lower than I would have expected. Though I suppose it doesn't count the people that play just Blitz, and not RB3, and surely we expect (and hope!) that there some such people at this point.
    edited September 2012
    From RockBandWorld, the nonexport Blitz songs range from 18,382 (Kids in the Street) to 30,200 (Pumped Up Kicks) unique Blitz players' best logged scores.

So it seems the game has sold over 30,000 units.

Now, the RBW/Facebook attach rate is a big unknown. Aswell as the count of people who are still playing today and didn't just consider it a one-weekend disposable diversion.

Rockbandscores.com is showing the high water mark of Blitz songs played in RB3 as We Are Young, with 11,082 (7982 Xbox360 and 3100 PS3).
  • edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4886683 said:
    Does this track codes issued or codes redeemed?

Is your code 'booked' when you accept/start the goal, or does the system only determine if there's a code left for you at successful completion time?

The RB World Goal tracks codes issued.

Your code is NOT booked when you accept the Goal, it doles them out on a "first finished, first served" basis. So join and complete that sooner rather than later, because there may not be any codes left later.
    edited September 2012
    Very useful information from both of you, thanks.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4886640 said:

I OWE YOU BIG TIME, Thanks jibs :D
  • WrigleyvilleDonkWrigleyvilleDonk Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I just finished this today, so add me to the list of people it definitely works for. I was happy to discover that I had around .90 in my wallet as well, so I was able to pick up a discount 3-pack. Weeee!
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4886579 said:
    I see from your profile that you're in Montreal, QC.

These codes are money codes. Just like PSN cards, US codes don't work on Canadian accounts nor vice versa.

To redeem this code you're going to have to create a profile on your PS3 associated to a USA-based PSN account. Buy and download the DLC from that acount, then you can see and play it from your main profile/account.

Yeah I saw that they were US only codes after posting this. I would've done that if it was more than 2$ worth, but I just gave the code to a friend :)
    edited September 2012
    FWIW, I also got my code. Thx to all.
  • TealjbodyTealjbody Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I got my code, and Thanks.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Are there still 360 codes left? I'm hoping to finish this goal tonight.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    I doubt it very much, but you can try. It doesn't take too long to rack up 30 stars on Blitz songs.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Still X360 codes as of Sunday 10/7. Got one!
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    murph;4898592 said:
    Still X360 codes as of Sunday 10/7. Got one!

Are they gone now? I just completed the goal but didn't get any code.