RB Blitz Synchrony update

Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
edited September 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Seems the powerup has had a HEFTY update
I had always prefered Synchrony but it sucked in the points department in comparison to the Supers
But it has seemingly improved dramatically!
Before:
100 points per shift + additional 100 points per note on the 2 tracks you switched between
Now:
500 points per shift + additional 500 points per note on the 2 tracks you switched between

So it now went from a max score of 500 to a score of 2500! (switching between 2 tracks that each had 2 notes)
:cool:

Before update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzkvVwet9eQ
After update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZqTHBfilo

You can see couple seconds before actual notes come and I use Synchrony that they are now worth 5x the points

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    I see 500 to 2,500, am I bad at counting?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4887149 said:
    I see 500 to 2,500, am I bad at counting?

If you are, so am I.
  • Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    woops! yeah that was my mistake xD (I'm tired atm (Excuse for all mistakes))
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    It's still not very useful, considering it can't be used with either Jackpot or Flame notes
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    iamchris4life;4887873 said:
    It's still not very useful, considering it can't be used with either Jackpot or Flame notes

The thing that truly makes it useless is that the points rewarded are not affected by the multiplier. If it was at its current point value, it might actually become broken.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Still looks completely useless for 99% of songs. I rather have the 1.5x guitar boost when I have a 25x+ multiplier than a lame 500+ points
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    well at least that shows that HMX can not only change the coins earnings without a title update. but also the power ups.
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Which is kind of scary. Because if they ever chose to NERF something you are going to have the leaderboard with highscores that are unobtainable and truly makes it unfair for those who are trying to actually compete on them.

What could be used to buff them is to create their own type of multiplier. By having you hit X amount of synchrony shifts or runaway notes you boost the score of all subsequent ones hit.
    But again, this is all touchy stuff. You tweak too far you are bound to break something.
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    zage1337;4887927 said:
    Still looks completely useless for 99% of songs. I rather have the 1.5x guitar boost when I have a 25x+ multiplier than a lame 500+ points

500+ points every few seconds, techincally. But for the way that most people play, yes, it's still not better than super instrument on the majority of songs.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I think Synchrony would be more fun if you got more and more points and you keep switching tracks. Maybe make it hardcore so you can't skip a marker or it'll reset.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    osteofight;4888243 said:
    I think Synchrony would be more fun if you got more and more points and you keep switching tracks. Maybe make it hardcore so you can't skip a marker or it'll reset.
    It's hard to imagine how that would be worth inevitably having to skip out on purple notes to keep that multiplier active.
  • PubknightPubknight Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Oui!

ok, so this was an update that just happened without a patch?
    Wouldn't it be a good idea for something like that to be mentioned, perhaps in the Messages part in game?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Pubknight;4888587 said:
    Oui!

ok, so this was an update that just happened without a patch?

Just like the econ changes of a few weeks ago. This is a game that fetches all kinds of information from the server at song start (and end), and it would appear that the server can override just about anything numeric and powerup-related with only server-side live changes.
    edited September 2012
    thatmarkguy;4888657 said:
    Just like the econ changes of a few weeks ago. This is a game that fetches all kinds of information from the server at song start (and end), and it would appear that the server can override just about anything numeric and powerup-related with only server-side live changes.
    I think this is actually underselling the case a bit here. It's not that it can "override" the power-up related numbers and factors, it appears to be that the power-up related numbers literally don't exist at all outside of the server. That's probably why the offline mode is so crippled; you can't use any powerups at all because all of the data related to them are on Harmonix's servers instead of the software itself.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    zage1337;4887927 said:
    I rather have the 1.5x guitar boost when I have a 25x+ multiplier than a lame 500+ points

Actually, it looks like super instrument is now worth 1.75x points. Didn't notice the change until now.

I really wish they'd at least post a notice or something when these things are changed, detailing what's different. (Also, it's hard to defend top scores when people who play after a power-up point change are able to get higher scores simply because the rules of the game have changed. I hope these tweaks are not frequent.)
  • Skippy DeluxeSkippy Deluxe Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Magnet;4889989 said:
    Actually, it looks like super instrument is now worth 1.75x points. Didn't notice the change until now.
    Actually, different instruments have different values now. Drums, bass, and keys are 1.75x and vocals are 2x. Guitar is still 1.5x.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Magnet;4889989 said:
    I hope these tweaks are not frequent.)
    I hope they are! The silence demands experimentation in powerups. The frequency brings people back to the game. And the fact that they can only increase(decreasing would lead to scores posted being unattainable) means the leaderboards won't stale and have the same person high up for the next forever.

All delightful things for a score-based game.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Skippy Deluxe;4890120 said:
    Actually, different instruments have different values now. Drums, bass, and keys are 1.75x and vocals are 2x. Guitar is still 1.5x.

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing!
    GNFfhqwhgads;4890127 said:
    The frequency brings people back to the game.
    I don't think this is true for the vast majority of people. The people interested in scores are already going to be playing anyway, battling for top spots and playing new songs. I can't see any casual player ever coming back to the game because of point changes, especially when they are not even announced.

Anyway, changing the point values starts a cycle of devaluing the leaderboards, which become less and less meaningful as more changes are made to the scoring. Whose scores am I actually competing against - players who submitted under Blitz v1.0 or Blitz v1.1?

I loved struggling to get the top spot on a leaderboard back when the game was new, but getting the top spot by a fairly wide margin on many songs lately just because the point system changed feels a lot less like an accomplishment and more like a cheap victory. I have no idea if my run was actually any better than someone else's. I just know I got a higher score and the scoring rules were changed recently.
    edited September 2012
    Magnet;4890153 said:
    That's good to know. Thanks for sharing!

I don't think this is true for the vast majority of people. The people interested in scores are already going to be playing anyway, battling for top spots and playing new songs. I can't see any casual player ever coming back to the game because of point changes, especially when they are not even announced.

Anyway, changing the point values starts a cycle of devaluing the leaderboards, which become less and less meaningful as more changes are made to the scoring. Whose scores am I actually competing against - players who submitted under Blitz v1.0 or Blitz v1.1?

I loved struggling to get the top spot on a leaderboard back when the game was new, but getting the top spot by a fairly wide margin on many songs lately just because the point system changed feels a lot less like an accomplishment and more like a cheap victory. I have no idea if my run was actually any better than someone else's. I just know I got a higher score and the scoring rules were changed recently.
    Yeah, that is a bit of a problem. I noticed that there were a few songs that I absolutely crushed my friends on recently, beyond what I would normally expect, and it does cheapen it a bit since it's entirely possible that those people just played the song a relative long time ago and so weren't on a level playing field.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Epsilon82;4888482 said:
    It's hard to imagine how that would be worth inevitably having to skip out on purple notes to keep that multiplier active.

Luck and timing, like Blitz gameplay in general