Wii U + Lego Rockband save data for songs exported to RB3?

Pii ThreePii Three Unsigned
edited December 2012 in LEGO: Rock Band
Is it possible now that the Wii U has new tech to get the songs from LRB exported to RB3 through a code like the 360/PS3? or is the problem a non-tech issue like licensing?

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    If the problem was a tech issue, how could you be citing the RB2 Wii export method?
  • Pii ThreePii Three Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I dont think I cited the RB2 Wii export code process. I was referring to the method that 360/PS3 owners export Lego Rockband to RB3. I havent seen HMX announce WHY LRB cant be exported to RB3 other than it just cant be done. Now that the Wii U specs are kind of equal to the 360/PS3, and data can be transferred from the Wii to the Wii U, it should NOT be a tech problem.

I did use the Wii RB2 export to RB3 and I believe that the export process is different than the export for the 360/PS3.
    edited September 2012
    Pii Three;4887392 said:
    I dont think I cited the RB2 Wii export code process. I was referring to the method that 360/PS3 owners export Lego Rockband to RB3. I havent seen HMX announce WHY LRB cant be exported to RB3 other than it just cant be done. Now that the Wii U specs are kind of equal to the 360/PS3, and data can be transferred from the Wii to the Wii U, it should NOT be a tech problem.

I did use the Wii RB2 export to RB3 and I believe that the export process is different than the export for the 360/PS3.
    Hmm. I could swear this post said save file at one point.

Anyway. If you managed to export 70 songs from Rock Band 2 just fine, why would LEGO's 45 be an issue with the Wii specs?
    edited September 2012
    I dont know thats why I asked. It was just stated that LRB will not export to RB3 on the Wii. Being that it was stated that I could transfer the LRB/RB3 save files/data from the Wii to the Wii U its as though I still own the games, but on a better console. I would like to know if it is possible now to export, and if not WHY this time around.
    edited September 2012
    Because the console has nothing to do with it. If RB2 exported MORE songs with a save file, why would you think LEGO couldn't export LESS songs with a save file?

If LEGO/RB1 didn't export because of Wii limitations, then RB2 wouldn't be able to either. And with the pathetically small Wii userbase, Harmonix has said they're not really going to bother running around licensing the years-old games for export on a console that won't even take advantage of it.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    The 1000 DLC limit on wii probably doesn't help that. (according that you have sufficent space to have 1k DLC)
    edited September 2012
    Alternity;4887703 said:
    The 1000 DLC limit on wii probably doesn't help that. (according that you have sufficent space to have 1k DLC)
    Right, the Wii is lacking techwise, but the Wii U on the other hand is a differnet story. Im hoping that the Wii U will finally get some respect from HMX and atleast get access to exporting, RBN, and missing DLC songs that the 360/PS3 owners already have. If the answer is no I would like to know WHY not.

And as for licensing years-old games for export, guess what, they did it already for the 360/PS3. I think the Wii U would take advantage of HMX's effort, no?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Rock Band 3 isn't programmed to raise the song limit when played on a console that wasn't announced at the time.
    edited September 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4887809 said:
    Rock Band 3 isn't programmed to raise the song limit when played on a console that wasn't announced at the time.

I see, I thought the song limit was due to the lack of internal storage in the Wii. I forgot that the other consoles got a game patch. I am hoping that the Wii U will be capable of patches for its games, but I am not expecting HMX to do an update for RB3 just for the Wii U. I would buy RB4 for that.

LRB, RBN, RBBlitz have alot of excellent songs that I would like to have in Wii U/RB3 like the other consoles have. If possible.
    edited September 2012
    The wii games aren't patchable. so I don't know where you go with this.
    edited September 2012
    Pii Three;4887785 said:
    Right, the Wii is lacking techwise, but the Wii U on the other hand is a differnet story. Im hoping that the Wii U will finally get some respect from HMX and atleast get access to exporting, RBN, and missing DLC songs that the 360/PS3 owners already have. If the answer is no I would like to know WHY not.

And as for licensing years-old games for export, guess what, they did it already for the 360/PS3. I think the Wii U would take advantage of HMX's effort, no?
    I don't think you understand what the WiiU is going to change about Rock Band.

Allow for bigger storage to be plugged in. That's literally it. Doesn't magically make it free to reacquire songs. Doesn't magically let you use more songs. Won't bring RBN back.

I know it was rough last time understanding when I said, "...with the pathetically small Wii userbase, Harmonix has said they're not really going to bother running around licensing the years-old games for export on a console that won't even take advantage of it," but let me repeat it.

No one. Plays Rock Band. On the Wii. So they aren't. Going to go after songs. From five years ago. And then have no one download them. If you want the songs. Switch consoles. If not. You are stuck with what you get. The WiiU is new for Nintendo. Not for Harmonix. It will be the same. Discs that you are using now.
    edited September 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4888151 said:
    No one. Plays Rock Band. On the Wii. So they aren't. Going to go after songs. From five years ago. And then have no one download them. If you want the songs. Switch consoles. If not. You are stuck with what you get. The WiiU is new for Nintendo. Not for Harmonix. It will be the same. Discs that you are using now.

Also, for the few people that plays on the wii, most of them installs tickets that indicates to the server that songs are purchased, when they aren't. And also, they use customs. That game is modded like nuts on wii, like the wii itself. I can see why HMX doesn't want to release RBNs on the wii anymore, and thus, support this game. Hell they even found a way to load DLC through the network, from your computer HDD, see what I mean?
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Either way, I'd rather see a solid, main title release on Wii U that hopefully puts it on par with the other platforms. Same game, same rules, no compromise.
    edited September 2012
    StackOverflow0x;4888582 said:
    Either way, I'd rather see a solid, main title release on Wii U that hopefully puts it on par with the other platforms. Same game, same rules, no compromise.
    Except for Nintendo's stance on free content, the adoption rate of RBN songs, the focus on 'family friendly' online leading to not being able to add people you can't communicate with, the lack of voice chat...
  • gamesurfgamesurf Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    most of them installs tickets that indicates to the server that songs are purchased, when they aren't. And also, they use customs. That game is modded like nuts on wii, like the wii itself.
    False. As an active member of the Wii community (YES, it exists) from the beginning of RB3's release to until just about a month ago when I moved out for college, saying the majority or even a large portion of Wii users are pirates is just not true. We buy our DLC just like anyone else.
    Harmonix has said they're not really going to bother running around licensing the years-old games
    Wait until you find out what yesterday's DLC was.
    Nintendo's stance on free content
    the focus on 'family friendly' online
    Nintendo's embracing DLC content with their new consoles MUCH more then they ever did with the Wii, and free demos are a part of that new DLC content. Even their first party games have begun to embrace DLC, as opposed to the Wii where practically the only DLC available outside of the Wii Shop was for Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or Just Dance. Expecting every DLC policy that existed with the Wii to be identical with the Wii U is comparing Apples to Oranges.

While details about Miiverse aren't entirely known yet and won't be known until launch, we do know that it's MUCH easier to add people, and friend codes are a thing of the past, and all your gaming will be tied to one account. Which is still a massive improvement even IF you have to share via outside means like the forums, DLC quickplay, or skype. Which Wii users have been doing for years, by the way.
    the lack of voice chat...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmaOSohs_s

I'll give you the RBN, though.
    edited September 2012
    gamesurf;4888806 said:
    False. As an active member of the Wii community (YES, it exists) from the beginning of RB3's release to until just about a month ago when I moved out for college, saying the majority or even a large portion of Wii users are pirates is just not true. We buy our DLC just like anyone else.
    I've been active for abut 2 years on RB2 Wii, trust me, alot of people do install those ticket. People won't always say that they are ''pirates''.
    edited December 2012
    Im waiting for HMXLachesis to respond to my question about this issue. Maybe she can respond here since she wont have the opportunity to respond in another thread from the RBN forums. I will not be responding to any negative, insulting posts.
  • edited December 2012
    Since HMXLachesis only deals with the RBN section of the forums, you'll probably be waiting a long time for an answer that you're not going to like, which is that a Lego:RB export on Wii or WiiU is not going to happen. Sorry, dude, but it's time to move on. Bumping a months old thread is not going to help anyone.
    edited December 2012
    Der_Lex;4937698 said:
    Since HMXLachesis only deals with the RBN section of the forums, you'll probably be waiting a long time for an answer that you're not going to like, which is that a Lego:RB export on Wii or WiiU is not going to happen. Sorry, dude, but it's time to move on. Bumping a months old thread is not going to help anyone.
    Thanks.