Discussion Thread: DLC-10/2/12 - 3 Pack from 311! Down, Beautiful Disaster and Amber

edited October 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4886891 said:
Hey gang,

Known for their tight sound that seamlessly blends rock, funk, rap, reggae, and more, 311 has long been requested by Rock Band fans. On October 2nd, the band makes its debut on the Rock Band Music Store with three of its biggest tracks!

The chart-topping track that pushed the band in to the mainstream spotlight in the mid-90s, “Down,” kicks off the three-pack. “Beautiful Disaster” from 1997’s Transistor and the reggae-tinged “Amber” from 2002’s From Chaos flesh out “311 Pack 01”! All of the tracks can be purchased as part of the pack, or individually; an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will also be available for “Down.”

Additionally, during the week of the release of “311 Pack 01,” Rock Band Blitz players will earn double Coins any time they play any of the three tracks from the pack!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (October 2nd, 2012):

• 311 – “Down” X
• 311 – “Beautiful Disaster” O
• 311 – “Amber” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system October 3rd)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “311 Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
I am looking forward to these songs hitting Rock Band.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    And here are your RBN offerings. Terror's "Keepers Of the Faith" is a personal fav (their track "Stick Tight" is already in RBN) and they're one of the best hardcore bands around today.

[QUOTE=hmxhenry;4887844]Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 9/27/2012:

Alternative

an Unkindness – “Fragments” (80 MSP)

Indie Rock

Quiet Company – “You, Me, & the Boatman” (80 MSP)

Metal

Buried in Black – “One By One” (80 MSP)
    Buried in Black – “One By One (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
    Internal Corrosion – “Legacy of Blood” (160 MSP)
    Nightrage – “Hate Turns Black” (160 MSP)
    Nightrage – “Hate Turns Black (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
    Revocation – “Chaos of Forms” (160 MSP)
    Soma Dark – “Resolute (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
    Strikken – “Closer (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
    Strikken – “Re-Live” (80 MSP)
    War of Ages – “Redeemer” (80 MSP)
    War of Ages – “Redeemer (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)

Novelty

Tobey McTired – “Acvodad” (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Sweethammer – “Robots” (80 MSP)

Prog

The Minotaur Project – “77345_018” (80 MSP)
    Vangough – “Drained” (80 MSP)

Punk

Carousel Kings – “Baby” (160 MSP)
    Terror – “Keepers of the Faith” (160 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk

Danny and the Lost Souls – “Keep on Running from My Love” (80 MSP)

Rock

MANNA – “Who Am I?” (80 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN releases scheduled for Tuesday, 10/2/2012 (North America) and 10/3/2012 (Europe):

[B]Eiffel 65 – “Move Your Body” ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
    Jerry Naylor – “That’ll Be the Day” ($1.99), Rock
    ETHS – “Adona
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited September 2012
    Just not my kind of music, another skipped week for me.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Same here.

I was really hoping there was a bunch of awesome DLC lined up to follow up Blitz and "hook" those players. So far for me, it's been a bust.

Happy for those that dig it, though. Just cuz it ain't for me, I'm sure it's great for some.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2012
    nice!!!

Finally music I like!!! I appear to be in the minority though, lol!
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited September 2012
    Who? I've never ever heard of them before today, and apparently they're in GH:WT, my favorite GH game. Huh.

Anyway, I just listened to all of the songs while the thread was being unlocked and well... I despise them all. Blargh.
    None of the songs have interesting instrumentation and the vocals come off as obnoxious. And... well, it's just really really boring.

Definitely a bottom 5 week (we've been having a lot of those lately, haven't we?) this year. BUT, I will not complain and will keep my chin up because of the awesome Rock Band sale.
    Hooray! :D

Rankings:
    Beautiful Disaster
    Down
    Amber
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    YAY 311! A very nice pack to introduce them to the game~
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I have to admit my first reaction on seeing the announcement was "Who??" After listening, I still didn't recognize anything but Amber sounds OK. I don't think I will be buying though.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited September 2012
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited September 2012
    Do I like this band?

I do, I don't, whatever.
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Harmonix are really hitting my nostalgia center lately.

Keep up the good work, Harmonix!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2012
    Cool! Glad they're in RB! I won't purchase it right away -- and it's certainly no Mumford & Sons -- but still sweet, and congrats to the fans!
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2012
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I suspect this is the song the wife always wants Beautiful Disaster by the Gufs (RBN) to be whenever she sees it in the library. Drums look fun enough I guess. Will probably end up buying, but not with great enthusiasm.
    edited September 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4890329 said:
    Who? I've never ever heard of them before today, and apparently they're in GH:WT, my favorite GH game. Huh.

Anyway, I just listened to all of the songs while the thread was being unlocked and well... I despise them all. Blargh.
    None of the songs have interesting instrumentation and the vocals come off as obnoxious. And... well, it's just really really boring.

Definitely a bottom 5 week (we've been having a lot of those lately, haven't we?) this year. BUT, I will not complain and will keep my chin up because of the awesome Rock Band sale.
    Hooray! :D

Rankings:
    Beautiful Disaster
    Down
    Amber
    Cipher summed up my feelings quite well. Especially the part about the sale, and keeping my chin up.

Not sure if it is one of my bottom 5 weeks of the year though. In fact I really doubt it.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    well i don't dislike it =)
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Ehh...not really my thing. Maybe I'll get "Down" at some point.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited September 2012
    Pheran;4890331 said:
    I have to admit my first reaction on seeing the announcement was "Who??" After listening, I still didn't recognize anything but Amber sounds OK. I don't think I will be buying though.

That is weird, because I have heard "Down" on the radio many times and I usually listen to "classic rock" stations.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Huh. For some reason I thought we had stuff from them already. I guess not. Not a fan, but it's good when something that is highly requested finally shows up.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Nothing for me this week, sadly. But i'm looking forward for next friday announcement! :)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Great week, only know "Beautiful Disaster" by name but will likely recognise the other 2. Also really happy that the 90s is getting plenty of DLC now (the 2 Smash Mouth singles, 2 of the GDRB songs in last week's pack, this), if only Rocksmith could release some more 90s instead of staying mostly in the pre-80s region that has been present for the last 4 months.
  • PyramidHead128PyramidHead128 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Awesome week!

Bought. :D
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited September 2012
    Another 2 weeks in a row of nothing for me.
    edited September 2012
    I believe I used to have one song by them in my iPod: their cover of the Cure's "Lovesong". It was okay.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited September 2012
    Best week in a loooong time (my first full pack purchase for me since May). Excited to finally get 311 in the game. Thanks HMX.
  • xtodd007xtodd007 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I love 311..thanks for bringing them to RB!
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2012
    really looking forward to *Amber*. The genre to this song kinda reminds me of Jack Johnson. Which is as close as Jack Johnson as we've got so far...
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Sayburr;4890342 said:
    That is weird, because I have heard "Down" on the radio many times and I usually listen to "classic rock" stations.

Strange, I listen to a lot of classic rock too but don't remember ever hearing this. And both of us are old timers. Maybe something regional, I don't know. :)
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Interest fading...

fading...

fading....

gone.
    edited September 2012
    grumblevolcano;4890345 said:
    Great week, only know "Beautiful Disaster" by name but will likely recognise the other 2. Also really happy that the 90s is getting plenty of DLC now (the 2 Smash Mouth singles, 2 of the GDRB songs in last week's pack, this), if only Rocksmith could release some more 90s instead of staying mostly in the pre-80s region that has been present for the last 4 months.

That last sentence was blasphemous.

PS While we're getting 90s stuff, more BNL please. Also, "MMMBop".