Yo. I'm the best at Blitz. PS3

zzBlasphemyzzBlasphemy Unsigned
edited February 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
MY SCORES BE UP THERE MAN.. Top 10 every song. #1 on a handful of them (props to the guys beating my scores here and there)

Soon enough, I'll be #1 on every single song :cool: challenge me roachezzzzzzz

Comments

  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Clearly you havent seen me on my top 10 escapades. Ill let you figure out who i am on PS3 first ;)
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Yo. I have the highest career score (at least as of a few hours ago) on Blitz on PS3. Which pretty much means that I spent a truckload of money on Rock Band songs over the years and spend way too much time playing music games. Pleasure to meet you.
  • zzBlasphemyzzBlasphemy Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    You could be alot of people. I dont think I saw an asp mike
    Rage-Kage? InnerSenses? But clearly you havent been noticing my scores :) Im limited to about 36 songs though

    Edit: Damn epsilon thats a ridiculous amount to spend on rock band. no joke..but I dont blame you
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I try to leave all the songs I play on first, but its too hard to manage keep on top of all of them when you gotta keep playing new songs to go higher on the overall leaderboard.
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Should I also make a separate thread announcing that I'm #1 in almost any song I play on the 360 now?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    iamchris4life;4887875 said:
    Should I also make a separate thread announcing that I'm #1 in almost any song I play on the 360 now?

    Sure, this is America.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    Hi I've gotten 871,009 on Ride the Lightning in a Score War. I would be happy to challenge the OP to a Score War :)
  • VampIncVampInc Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Well don't count me out yet... My PS3 went down 3 days ago. I have had to reformat and redownload ALL of my stuff. over 1600 items.... I'm now in the process of installing everything again. I will return...
  • Pime_Taradox234Pime_Taradox234 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Yo. Whateva, dog. PS3 right hurr 2

    I got like #6 1's, >_> but I'm definitely not gonna crack top 10 in everything I have. ;_;
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    MaximusDM;4887899 said:
    Sure, this is America.
    Yet I was scolded for bumping a thread that contained legitimate questions towards achieving higher scores
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    iamchris4life;4888100 said:
    Yet I was scolded for bumping a thread that contained legitimate questions towards achieving higher scores

    If the original poster starts to bump this thread, I'll issue a warning to him as well per the forum rules. Sorry if you don't like the forum rules, but they are what they are.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    MaximusDM;4887899 said:
    Sure, this is America.

    It is?
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    MaximusDM;4887899 said:
    Sure, this is America.
    SheSaidSheSaid;4888187 said:
    It is?

    Yup. America.
    Superhighways here and there.
    Pretty womens everywhere.
    Billy Kid and Smokey Bear.
    Buildings reaching to the sky.
    Afro sheen and apple pie.
    PTA and FBI.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    MaximusDM;4887856 said:
    I try to leave all the songs I play on first, but its too hard to manage keep on top of all of them when you gotta keep playing new songs to go higher on the overall leaderboard.
    Yeah, I pretty much have just been playing new songs once and move on, except for last night when like 90% of the stuff I had to play for the goals were songs I'd already played, which didn't do much for my Career Score.

    Also, I can't help but shake the feeling that the PS3 is kind of like the minor leagues in a sense, just because there are so few players by comparison. With the exception of a few stellar players, including Maximus and zage (surely among others) that post here, it's hard to take as much pride in my high scores knowing that they probably wouldn't rank as well on the 360. Come to think of it, it makes me wonder why if everything is done server-side on this game, what's stopping them from merging the leaderboards? Ultimately, the scores are just integers tied to strings, and all of it is on their servers.

    BTW, Maximus, do you mind telling me how you got some of your high scores on the Doolittle songs? Some of them just seemed completely outrageous given how short they are. Were you doing really well with pinball or something like that?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited September 2012
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    Epsilon82;4888458 said:
    Come to think of it, it makes me wonder why if everything is done server-side on this game, what's stopping them from merging the leaderboards? Ultimately, the scores are just integers tied to strings, and all of it is on their servers.

    Blame Sony and/or Microsoft for that one
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    jibjqrkl;4888460 said:
    Blame Sony and/or Microsoft for that one
    In what respect, though? Is it that Sony and Microsoft refuse to allow Harmonix to do what is technically feasible, or is there some technical aspect that I'm missing here?
  • iamchris4lifeiamchris4life Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Magnet;4888123 said:
    If the original poster starts to bump this thread, I'll issue a warning to him as well per the forum rules. Sorry if you don't like the forum rules, but they are what they are.
    So there's not a forum rule against making threads about a topic that already has a thread, i.e. Accomplishments?
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Epsilon82;4888467 said:
    In what respect, though? Is it that Sony and Microsoft refuse to allow Harmonix to do what is technically feasible, or is there some technical aspect that I'm missing here?

    Microsoft doesn't allow their system to play well with other online networks. Not PSN, not Steam (Portal 2 had steam integration for PS3 and nothing for 360, for example), not anyone except GFWL on PC.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2012
    iamchris4life;4888494 said:
    So there's not a forum rule against making threads about a topic that already has a thread, i.e. Accomplishments?

    If you have questions about moderation, feel free to PM a mod. If you feel a thread/post is breaking forum rules, you can use the report feature.
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    hodayathink;4888703 said:
    Microsoft doesn't allow their system to play well with other online networks. Not PSN, not Steam (Portal 2 had steam integration for PS3 and nothing for 360, for example), not anyone except GFWL on PC.

    You sir are correct. If memory serves me correct. It's because microsoft is so closed down compared to Sony and Steam. We are lucky we have the RB World Fb app at least we can challenge friends that way on other consoles
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    hodayathink;4888703 said:
    Microsoft doesn't allow their system to play well with other online networks. Not PSN, not Steam (Portal 2 had steam integration for PS3 and nothing for 360, for example), not anyone except GFWL on PC.
    I guess what I'm saying is that I fail to see how Microsoft needs to allow their system to "play well" with other networks. As long as Rock Central is getting (in a reductive example) the name of the user and the score they posted, what's stopping Rock Central from throwing that score and username into their own database with the scores and usernames from the PS3, and then just feeding that whole list out to their own leaderboards on both systems?

    Again, if you're saying that there's some kind of contractual element where Harmonix has to agree not to allow dignified XBox users to have their clever usernames appear in the same list as lowly PS3 users, that I can see Microsoft doing. I just don't see what any technical limitation would have to do with it, as long as at some point along the line Harmonix gets a string for a username and an integer for a score and then pushes those values out to leaderboards in a particular order. It would seem completely obvious that that's the case, so the only thing I can fathom causing this proverbial "segregation" is some kind of contractual agreement.

    It's not like we're talking about allowing PS3 and 360 users to play a FPS game together online. Not to minimize the game itself, of course, but at its core we're just talking about a program that effectively displays a list of names and numbers in a particular order as the extent of the online functionality.
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Epsilon82;4888761 said:
    I guess what I'm saying is that I fail to see how Microsoft needs to allow their system to "play well" with other networks. As long as Rock Central is getting (in a reductive example) the name of the user and the score they posted, what's stopping Rock Central from throwing that score and username into their own database with the scores and usernames from the PS3, and then just feeding that whole list out to their own leaderboards on both systems?

    Again, if you're saying that there's some kind of contractual element where Harmonix has to agree not to allow dignified XBox users to have their clever usernames appear in the same list as lowly PS3 users, that I can see Microsoft doing. I just don't see what any technical limitation would have to do with it, as long as at some point along the line Harmonix gets a string for a username and an integer for a score and then pushes those values out to leaderboards in a particular order. It would seem completely obvious that that's the case, so the only thing I can fathom causing this proverbial "segregation" is some kind of contractual agreement.

    It's not like we're talking about allowing PS3 and 360 users to play a FPS game together online. Not to minimize the game itself, of course, but at its core we're just talking about a program that effectively displays a list of names and numbers in a particular order as the extent of the online functionality.

    It's not a technical limitation at all. In fact, there was a company at E3 last year that actually, in their dev code, had the PS3 and Xbox versions of their game (a shooter) being able to play against each other. They out and out said that it would never get into their released code because Microsoft would never allow it. And Microsoft proceeded to confirm that statement. Here's an article about it:

    http://kotaku.com/5813740/i-saw-the-playstation-3-wired-to-play-against-an-xbox-360-but-you-wont

    Presumably, that could even extend as far as the in-game leaderboards. All that would need to happen is for MS to deny certification to any game that does it.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    hodayathink;4888922 said:
    It's not a technical limitation at all. In fact, there was a company at E3 last year that actually, in their dev code, had the PS3 and Xbox versions of their game (a shooter) being able to play against each other. They out and out said that it would never get into their released code because Microsoft would never allow it. And Microsoft proceeded to confirm that statement. Here's an article about it:

    http://kotaku.com/5813740/i-saw-the-playstation-3-wired-to-play-against-an-xbox-360-but-you-wont

    Presumably, that could even extend as far as the in-game leaderboards. All that would need to happen is for MS to deny certification to any game that does it.
    Thanks...that's what I suspected, but I hadn't actually seen any concrete confirmation myself.
  • DarkRage09DarkRage09 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Add this username I want good competition
  • VinierTen3816VinierTen3816 Unsigned
    edited February 2013
  • DeftRockX3DeftRockX3 Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    I play pinball too, but my heart's always been with blast and flame notes.


    I could use more friends, other than zage, to see how awful I am at this game. :D
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    It's really hard to manage and hold all of my 300 cross platform 1sts. :(

    I miss score wars. They should have done a better job implementing them because right now I keep getting score wars from the same people and it's no fun. And when i try to send a score war it's either to someone who doesn't play the game/have the song, or someone who wouldn't even do the score war anyways and let it forfeit.
Sign In or Register to comment.