Used Rock Band games export?

tfghost92tfghost92 Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
I am new to all this exporting nonesense, and I have looked online but can never seem to find an accurate answer to my question, so if anyone can help me answer these questions, I would be grateful.

1. Can I export used games to Rock Band 3? (used versions of Rock Band 1,2,GD, Lego, etc)

if so, does it cost money? if so, how much and where do I buy the license for it?

thank you to all who help me here. you are seriously a lifesaver

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    RB1 export: You buy an export key from your online store. Insert RB1 disc. Patch the game, and select 'export songs' from the menu. They are ripped directly from the disc, so yes, you can use a used disc for RB1.

The others, no. It has to be new. There's a one-time-use code on the back of the booklets for each that you can enter into the 'Get More Songs' menu option in RB3 that will give you the opportunity to buy the export pack. And yes of course the exports cost money. It's $5 for the export key for RB1, and it's $10 for all other full retail games. Track pack discs have free exports.
  • tfghost92tfghost92 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    thank you very very much for that reply. that helps me PERFECTLY with my shopping. I have been told by a lot of people that I could get the other games used and buy a license, so this really saves me hassle and money. thank ya again!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Just so it's clear, you need a new track pack disc, too, if you're looking at those (and you should be, they're a great value). You just don't have to pay anything additional after buying the disc.
  • tfghost92tfghost92 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I was looking into the Classic Rock track pack disc, and thats a fantastic value at like 10 bucks for all those great songs. definitely will be going for those. thanks again :)
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    well, technically the game doesn't have to be new. just the code. some used games have unused codes. just in case you're feeling lucky ;)
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Adding my two cents. it's amazing how many people never actually use their codes. I've gotten most of my codes by buying used games dirt cheap in gamestop. I think I only got one where the code had been already used, I returned it to the store, ( you have a full month ) they gave me another game to replace it, and it worked like a charm. The deals are out there.
  • blairf27blairf27 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    How can I download the key for RB1 from the store? I can't locate it through search or anywhere.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Lawdog answered this in the Another export question thread:
    Lawdog1521;4925750 said:
    PSN store - games - add ons - Music tracks - Rock Band.

Select sort to A-Z.

Now scroll down to Rock Band Song Export Key.