Rock Band Blitz - Creating douchebags since august 2012

MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
So I thought I'd share a blitz experience with you guys which happened not to long ago (The scores here have since been beaten)

A week or two ago, I had a friend post a "Photo of me" on facebook. Curious to know what he'd sent me, I checked it out and found this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/26408810151154653395842.jpg/

He'd been quite happy about this, as i'd been destroying most of his scores since he'd got the game. Infact, of all the songs on the setlist, he only has 4 scores that are higher than mine.

Anyway, I looked at it, and then something happened. I'm not sure why, but I got this sudden urge to ruin his happiness and beat him. Problem was, I didn't own the song at the time.

So, I proceeded to the store and purchased it. Within five minutes, I'd sent him this back, with some sarcastic comment, publicly on his facebook wall:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/56461637318897766102101.jpg/

Bearing in mind he'd actually managed to get to the top of the world leaderboard, this was quite soul crushing for the poor guy.

He didn't speak to me for a whole week after this.

So there you have it. My story of being a massive douchebag. tl:dr This game turned me into a monster! :D

Have any stories like this? Let me know! I don't want to be the only one!

Comments

• JordanJamJordanJam Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Your next step is to call up Harmonix and tell them your friend sucks at Rock Band Blitz... and smells like hot garbage.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Next best thing:

HEY HARMONIX! My friend sucks at blitz and smells like hot garbage! :D
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Always two douchebags there are. A master, and an apprentice.

But which one is the master, and which is the apprentice????

TO BE CONTINUED
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    Not for Rock Band Blitz, but I'm friends with Der_Lex on PS3, and on RB3 whenever I see he has a higher score than me, I insist on getting a higher one! Some kind of personal determination of outdoing a mod I guess!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited September 2012
    I'm just happy when I beat the low hanging fruit of my friends list. Does that make me a douche for referring to them as that?
    edited September 2012
    Witticus;4888448 said:
    I'm just happy when I beat the low hanging fruit of my friends list. Does that make me a douche for referring to them as that?

I only have 30 something Facebook friends, none of whom I'm linked to via Rock Band, and routinely turn down extended family "friend" requests. Does that make me a douche?
    edited September 2012
    samjjones;4888410 said:
    Always two douchebags there are. A master, and an apprentice.

But which one is the master, and which is the apprentice????

TO BE CONTINUED

Going by RBW and my own personal opinion, I'm the master. If we're both douchebags (me and the friend involved), I at least want to be better at it then he is! :D
    edited September 2012
    Maybe we should get this thread re titled to making douchebags since forever.... Or in general....
  • edited September 2012
    This just means the game is working.

Everything is going according to plan. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry;4888487 said:

Oh, so long as the game is working the way it's supposed to, i'll keep being a douchebag! :D

He's gonna really hate me soon. He's down to three scores left on the blitz setlist that are higher than mine!
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    hmxhenry;4888487 said:

And lost in all this is the fact that he bought a song just to beat his friend. +1 for DLC purchasing.

HMX is nothing but a lair of evil geniuses, I tip my hat and stroke my handlebar mustache to you.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2012
    CJHobbes;4888514 said:
    And lost in all this is the fact that he bought a song just to beat his friend. +1 for DLC purchasing.

HMX is nothing but a lair of evil geniuses, I tip my hat and stroke my handlebar mustache to you.

HMX is the doucheiest of the douches for making people want to buy more DLC that they didn't originally want and only bought to be a spiteful douche to friends.
    edited September 2012
    BachiG;4888517 said:
    HMX is the doucheiest of the douches for making people want to buy more DLC that they didn't originally want and only bought to be a spiteful douche to friends.
    I'd been meaning to pick up band on the run for a while. This just gave me an excuse to. It really does depend on the DLC. If it's not terrible, i'll pick it up and beat his score on it :D
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited September 2012
    I wish they had the whole sketch. :p
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    I can confirm that I get an aneurysm every time I'm not the top scorer on my friends list
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited September 2012
    I don't know why you had to look up that word, Trent.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    HeyRiles;4889952 said:
    I can confirm that I get an aneurysm every time I'm not the top scorer on my friends list

Then you might be annoyed with a few of some songs Riles.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited September 2012
    HeyRiles;4889952 said:

so that would be every song?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    Joke's on you, I've got the top score on [SO MUCH REDACTED]!

EDIT: Wow I lied like crazy, I only have seven top scores now...
  • rjbr2000rjbr2000 Insane
    edited October 2012
    Whenever I played score duel with my friend, we always agree that we should not use powerups. So we play normally and I always outscore him. The next day I see my feed with him doing 5+ attempts at one song and I'm just sitting there with 1 attempt. The day after that, he finally beat me on all the songs, but the scores don't look right. They look a bit high for a "no powerup score duel". So I checked RBW and yes, he used powerups, when we clearly agreed that there should be no powerups! So what I did is that I used the same exact loadout that he did and got way higher scores.

The next day, he invited me to an XBL party and yelled profanity at me. Let's just say this guy is a CoD junkie and whenever I play games with him, whenever he outscores me he gets very arrogant about it. So yeah, redemption?
    edited October 2012
    rjbr2000;4894811 said:
    Whenever I played score duel with my friend, we always agree that we should not use powerups. So we play normally and I always outscore him. The next day I see my feed with him doing 5+ attempts at one song and I'm just sitting there with 1 attempt. The day after that, he finally beat me on all the songs, but the scores don't look right. They look a bit high for a "no powerup score duel". So I checked RBW and yes, he used powerups, when we clearly agreed that there should be no powerups! So what I did is that I used the same exact loadout that he did and got way higher scores.

The next day, he invited me to an XBL party and yelled profanity at me. Let's just say this guy is a CoD junkie and whenever I play games with him, whenever he outscores me he gets very arrogant about it. So yeah, redemption?
    I can assume he mentioned your mum quite a lot. But yeah, that's awesome!
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    rjbr2000;4894811 said:
    So yeah, redemption?

Pretty good redemption, though I would have researched around to find the optimal load out and completely crushed his score, possibly getting a top 5 for the song. Then I would have told him to play a real FPS.

Well done regardless!
    edited October 2012
    Douche move #1:

My five year old has been begging to play Blitz ever since he saw me playing it when it came out. He and his 2 year old sister dance in front of the TV when I play poppy tracks like "Moves Like Jagger". Anyways, I tell him "it's too hard for you, now go away." He goes upstairs to cry to his mommy.

Douche move #2:

The other day, he asked again, and I finally relented and said "okay, you're big enough now. Go ahead!" I gave him a good load-out, he played the song (he really only enjoyed using the shoulder buttons to move between tracks, and wasn't hitting the gem buttons much). He was soooo proud when the song ended, and we counted the score for him.

I then played the same song and completely crushed his score (and his soul), and he ran away crying again. Me to wife: "This is a very valuable life lesson."

Blitz: fostering douchebag father and son relationships since August 2012.
  • rjbr2000rjbr2000 Insane
    edited October 2012
    CJHobbes;4894882 said:
    Pretty good redemption, though I would have researched around to find the optimal load out and completely crushed his score, possibly getting a top 5 for the song. Then I would have told him to play a real FPS.

Well done regardless!
    I don't really bother with optimal stuff, but I manage to get a few #1's here and there, and most of the time I get a two-digit leaderboard rank. Not bragging, just finally got that reward for being dedicated to Lego Rock Band DS :P