Couple of DLC problems (Blitz on PS3, RB3 on Wii.)

DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
So, for some reason on Rock Band Blitz, Whenever I even try to go to the store, it disconnects me from the Rock Central servers. This has been happening since yesterday. I don't have access to my PS3 right now, but when I did earlier today, same problem as yesterday.

As for the Wii, since I don't have RB3 for PS3, yet. I want to download more songs from the Rock Band 2 export, but something goes a little screwy. I can't even see the name of the pack when I go under "manage songs", it's all blank, and when I click on it, all the titles are blank, either that or random letters. This has been happening for weeks. The artist names will view, and when I download a song, the title is all of the sudden normal. But, I don't want to guess what song is what.

Comments

• rockman05rockman05 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    Why not download them all, then delete the ones you don't want? Or not delete any and set any song you currently don't like to a low rating, then while playing filter the songs by ratings so the bad songs get bumped all the way to the bottom.
  • ice1975manice1975man Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I have been having the same problem with Blitz and Rockband 3 on the ps3, I phoned Sony and its an EA problem, but they gave me a number for EA and they don't support Rockband over the phone. I can download from the PS Store no prob but the in game stores boot me out or won't connect.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2012
    rockman05;4889692 said:
    Why not download them all, then delete the ones you don't want? Or not delete any and set any song you currently don't like to a low rating, then while playing filter the songs by ratings so the bad songs get bumped all the way to the bottom.

I don't have enough disk space on my Wii to download them all, and I haven't bought a song that I didn't like, actually that would be kind of pointless if I downloaded a song I hated.
    edited September 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4889749 said:
    I don't have enough disk space on my Wii to download them all,
    6 bucks. You can't tell you can't afford six bucks...
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-High-Capacity-Card-SDSDB-008G-B35/dp/B000VUVA62/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1348787525&sr=8-4&keywords=sd+card

and I haven't bought a song that I didn't like, actually that would be kind of pointless if I downloaded a song I hated.
    Really? Well I'm just curious to know why you didn't download the Rockband 2 export songs before and why you want to download now.
    edited September 2012
    rockman05;4889767 said:
    Really? Well I'm just curious to know why you didn't download the Rockband 2 export songs before and why you want to download now.

I actually had some of the RB2 downloaded, before. But, then I had realized I missed a couple of songs, plus every few months my Wii wipes out half my DLC, and I have to redownload the songs again.

I also currently have an SD card, but not all that much, (1 GB, meh...). I use it for Rock Band DLC, but I don't have that much space left on it, so there can be a little problem there.

Either way, I still don't know why the Store is acting like this.
    edited September 2012
    Ok, now the name of the RB2 Export pack changed from a blank space to "aewthea;are tre;;lt;rea;ut ;rea" or something like that, and once I clicked on it, the whole game froze up.
    edited September 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4889954 said:
    I actually had some of the RB2 downloaded, before. But, then I had realized I missed a couple of songs, plus every few months my Wii wipes out half my DLC, and I have to redownload the songs again.
    Do you think it's normal that a Wii wipes out SD card information? It's not. The SD card is likely bad.
    I also currently have an SD card, but not all that much, (1 GB, meh...). I use it for Rock Band DLC, but I don't have that much space left on it, so there can be a little problem there.
    Again, you cant tell me you can't afford $6 bucks for a new SD card.
    Either way, I still don't know why the Store is acting like this.
    I just checked the store on my own Wii and it works fine. It's likely your game is scratched or your Wii is acting up. Try a new SD card first then see if that helps any.
    DeferredGalaxy3;4890662 said:
    Ok, now the name of the RB2 Export pack changed from a blank space to "aewthea;are tre;;lt;rea;ut ;rea" or something like that, and once I clicked on it, the whole game froze up.
    Sound like your Wii is messed up. Could still be just the SD card. Again, get a new one. Or at least go into the Menu with the SD card removed.
  • Stash74Stash74 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    I have the exact same problem with song names in the RB3 Store. It happens with or without SD card. Song names RB2 export menu show up as garbled text and sometimes as blanks. This also happens in the song start letter headings in the "By Song" song menu.
    edited October 2012
    rockman05;4891613 said:
    Do you think it's normal that a Wii wipes out SD card information? It's not. The SD card is likely bad.

Well, the SD card is almost out of space, so it could just be wiping songs out for space. It's always the same songs, though. It must be because I never rated them.
    rockman05;4891613 said:
    Sound like your Wii is messed up. Could still be just the SD card. Again, get a new one. Or at least go into the Menu with the SD card removed.

This happens on the Music Store online, not on the SD Card.
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Is there something you're not saying? Is the Wii fully up-to-date and is everything else besides the game working fine?
    edited October 2012
    StackOverflow0x;4893960 said:
    Is there something you're not saying? Is the Wii fully up-to-date and is everything else besides the game working fine?

I think everything else is working fine. It's just that specific pack.
    edited October 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4894191 said:
    I think everything else is working fine. It's just that specific pack.

Maybe something wrong with the disc? You are playing off the disc, right?
    edited October 2012
    StackOverflow0x;4894668 said:
    Maybe something wrong with the disc? You are playing off the disc, right?

I don't think you get what my problem is here, but I do feel I kind of confused everyone, so let me be clear.

When I go on the store, select "Manage Songs", what's suppose to say "Rock Band 2 Export Pack" or whatever now says "aoirehtoi43uvu43w[uqun" or something like that. Sometimes it's blank. When I go to select my songs I want to download, either the songs are all blank titles or the game freezes up. When I download a song, it shows normally in my game's library. I don't have the time/internet connection to download them all. (Most of the time I try to download large amounts of data non-stop, the internet just freezes up, along with the download progress.)

The thing is, I need to see what I'm downloading, but the store has the RB2 export kind of screwed up. My guess this is a Harmonix side problem, for they have recently had problems with the Wii store.

Is the export working for you? Maybe it is just me. It's just that it worked normal before, and now it's all messed up.
    edited October 2012
    It isn't working for me either. I don't know what we have in common.
    edited October 2012
    I know this is late, but recently the Pack started working again. YAY! ^_^