Would anyone be interested in seeing any these songs on RBN?

Blind_3Blind_3 Opening Act
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hey everyone, I have a little project called Superfluous Motor, my tracks are all instrumentals and very Keys heavy, I'm not sure if they would be any fun in Rock Band, but if I get enough positive feedback I might reach out to a charting group and see about getting my songs in RBN.

Any feedback/advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance for listening!

EDIT: Great news! All of THESE TRACKS are coming to Rock Band in the near future! Chart Toppers Authoring reached out to me! All the arrangement have been made, just gotta wait for the tracks to be finished making Rock Band friendly! I hope everyone that plays them enjoys them! Thanks again to all who supported this topic and like my music!

EDIT 2: You can now download the entire album for FREE at http://superfluousmotor.bandcamp.com/ just enter $0 when you click Buy Now to download for free.

Comments

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2012
    Blind_3;4892301 said:
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! I'm not interested in making money off of my tunes as I only make them for fun, I just don't want to overcrowd RBN with more music people probably are not interested in playing. If I get a few more replies I'll probably reach out to a charting group, hope they can give me a reasonable price. :P

I also hope there is a way I can see if they can upload my tracks for free, I'm not interested in making a profit off of my music.

Some of the authoring groups will do it free if ur not worried about the profit, i'd reach out! :)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I'd definitely buy them. Sound like a lot of fun. :)

And unfortunately, the songs themselves cannot be priced for free, only 80, 160, or 240 msp.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    Charge 80 and give it all to the Authoring Group, if you want. That way they can use the money to chase after bigger fish and eat and all that good stuff.

Also, you shouldn't ever ask if we want to see your songs on the RBN. Everyone should be welcome :3
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4892320 said:
    Also, you shouldn't ever ask if we want to see your songs on the RBN. Everyone should be welcome :3

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. After all, that's what RBN is all about; unknown artists putting their music out there and getting heard.

I've only heard "Fragmented Metamorphosis" so far and it's some good stuff! Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun to play.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2012
    I'd enjoy seeing your music come to the Rock Band Network. I think it would be a lot of fun in RB Blitz, actually - there are some great shifts between complexity and simplicity.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Seriously brilliant stuff. I'd buy these at 160ms points, but 80ms is a no brainer for any RB player.

Kind of reminds me of the early Genesis and Yes days, or virtually any early prog band you could think of.

As long as you have unmixed tracks like separate keys, drums etc...approach any one of the RBN groups.

I'd like to see all of those songs you linked to on that page, they are all fantastic. Well done, keep it up!
  • Blind_3Blind_3 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Thanks everyone! I'll reach out to some authoring groups to see if any of them will do it for free, believe it or not I made all my tracks in FL Studio which already has the tracks and midi separate, so translating it all to make sense in Rock Band shouldn't be difficult.

Thanks to everyone again for the feedback! I'm happy you all enjoyed my songs!

P.S. If anyone has any recommended authoring groups that I should reach out to I would greatly appreciate any guidance I can get.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Blind_3;4892537 said:
    P.S. If anyone has any recommended authoring groups that I should reach out to I would greatly appreciate any guidance I can get.
    I sent you a PM. :)
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Jazz influenced Prog rock with a lot of cool keys? I think a lot of people would want more of that in the game (me included) =)
    edited October 2012
    Thanks again everyone! I just emailed a charting group, hopefully we will see some of my tracks (hopefully all of them) in RBN soon! I will update you guys if it's a sure thing or not.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Iloveyoursongsilovethemsomuchiloveyoursongsilovethemsomuchiloveyoursongsilovethemsomuchiloveyoursongsilovethemsomuchiloveyoursongsilovethemsomuchiloveyoursongsilovethemsomuch
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    "Would anyone be interested in seeing any these songs on RBN?"

Yes.

It's that easy.

Come on, we have songs about that freaking pony show. We have whatever the Christ this is. Do you think the RBN actually has restrictive standards? :p Come one, come all!

Now to actually listen to them.

edit: HOLYCRAPTHISISAWESOMEIWANTITNOW
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4892750 said:
    We have whatever the Christ this is.

How did I not know about this?
  • edited October 2012
    NightmareLyre;4892569 said:
    Jazz influenced Prog rock with a lot of cool keys? I think a lot of people would want more of that in the game (me included) =)

Whoa. Now I need to hear these songs. I wish I could get SoundCloud to work.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4892781 said:

And why did I assume it was gonna be Coelacanths?
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited October 2012
    Holy......wow.......this.......great........
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4892781 said:

...and how has it not made the PSN port?

Also, on topic - sounds pretty cool. ...even though the emphasis is on keys and I'm all about the drums, I'd probably pick them up if they made the jump.
    edited October 2012
    BachiG;4892830 said:

Also, on topic - sounds pretty cool. ...even though the emphasis is on keys and I'm all about the drums, I'd probably pick them up if they made the jump.

You might be surprised on how complex some of my drum tracks can get, there are a lot of ghost notes that aren't obvious at first listen. It won't be anywhere near the crazyness of any of the Rainbowdragoneyes songs, but I think the drums would be fun to play in Rock Band.

Bottom line though, I am mostly keys heavy all keys players hopefully will have a blast!
    edited October 2012
    Blind_3;4892944 said:
    You might be surprised on how complex some of my drum tracks can get, there are a lot of ghost notes that aren't obvious at first listen. It won't be anywhere near the crazyness of any of the Rainbowdragoneyes songs, but I think the drums would be fun to play in Rock Band.

Bottom line though, I am mostly keys heavy all keys players hopefully will have a blast!

From what i've heard (every song u have up) i think each song has a part i absolutely adore. You are one talented man! :D
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4892959 said:
    From what i've heard (every song u have up) i think each song has a part i absolutely adore. You are one talented man! :D

Well shucks! Thank you! I'm really happy that you enjoyed them! :) :D
    edited October 2012
    BachiG;4892830 said:

SEX will never port, if it's sold 100 copies i'd be surprised (watch now it ports so harmonix can totally make me look stupid LOL)
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    fragmented metamorphosis and broken metronome are fricken sweet. so far those are the only 2 i listened to but i plan to listen to the others as well. and to the person that mentioned yes i agree it sounds alot like them and thats a good thing to me rick wakeman is awesome
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2012
    I'll buy any and all songs you release on the RBN.
    edited October 2012
    Okay everyone, CHART TOPPERS AUTHORING, LLC reached out to me and will be handling my songs for RBN. Currently ALL of my songs uploaded on my SoundCloud are coming to Rock Band Network!

The current list includes:
    Superfluous Motor - Busted Up
    Superfluous Motor - Fragmented Metamorphosis
    Superfluous Motor - A Conglomeration of Broken Ideas
    Superfluous Motor - Broken Metronome
    Superfluous Motor - Breaking the Rhythm

This is extremely exciting for me as I never thought in a million years my tracks would be in Rock Band! I only ever actually got serious about making music after I purchased and played Rock Band till 5AM back in 2007, so in a way Harmonix is responsible for inspiring me to make music.

I don't mean to get all sentimental as it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things (at least to you fine folks) but it's probably one of my proudest life accomplishments to produce something that other people enjoy.

Anyhow this announcement is dragging on, I just hope whoever gives the songs a try enjoys them! No ETA on release as of yet, but hopefully soonish!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Yay!!! :D I will be clamoring for PS3 ports when they come out, and I doubt I will be alone.
    edited October 2012
    Nice grab CTA (wink wink :P)
    Love your music Blind, cannot wait to have this entire collection in my list.
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4900310 said:
    Nice grab CTA (wink wink :P)
    Love your music Blind, cannot wait to have this entire collection in my list.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed my tracks! I can't wait to see if I can top the leaderboard on Pro Keys :P.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I just stumbled upon these and I gotta say, I am really excited for these to come to the RBN. The keys are gonna be amazing. :)
  • runningdrummerrunningdrummer Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I find it really ridiculous that you have fewer SoundCloud followers than me, so I'm gonna go ahead and follow you right now. These songs are quite good, and I'll definitely be looking forward to the PS3 port (AWESOME KEYS)!
    edited November 2012
    runningdrummer;4917489 said:
    I find it really ridiculous that you have fewer SoundCloud followers than me, so I'm gonna go ahead and follow you right now. These songs are quite good, and I'll definitely be looking forward to the PS3 port (AWESOME KEYS)!

I'm not really good at spreading the word of my music (I feel guilty when I post topics like this because some people don't want to hear about it). I had to really curb my thought process for me to even make this topic, which I'm really happy I did because quite a few people seems excited for my songs! I'm glad that you enjoyed my tracks and thanks for the follow! I have followed you on SoundCloud as well, I really dig your compositions!

Thanks again! Glad to hear your excited to play my tracks in RB!