Submit song from Canada?

Doum92Doum92 Unsigned
edited October 2012 in The Rock Band Network
I just want to make sure so I don't get any false hopes.... Do you absolutely need to be from the United States to submit and get rights to chart a song on the Rock Band Network Creator?

Thanks for answering.

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Doum92;4893136 said:
    I just want to make sure so I don't get any false hopes.... Do you absolutely need to be from the United States to submit and get rights to chart a song on the Rock Band Network Creator?

Thanks for answering.

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, no. The actual legal and logistic steps of creating tracks can be done by anyone anywhere, provided the law exists. The US requirement is only for uploading that work to Creators, and you can get around that by partnering with a US-based authoring company and doing releases by proxy. You'd be introducing a bit of indirection, but it can be done (and we've done it a bunch of times).
  • Doum92Doum92 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4893141 said:
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, no. The actual legal and logistic steps of creating tracks can be done by anyone anywhere, provided the law exists. The US requirement is only for uploading that work to Creators, and you can get around that by partnering with a US-based authoring company and doing releases by proxy. You'd be introducing a bit of indirection, but it can be done (and we've done it a bunch of times).
    Thank you for the answer.

So you make your charts and then send them to someone in the US that will upload them in the Creators?
    How you can be a partner with US-based authoring company?
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Doum92;4893145 said:
    How you can be a partner with US-based authoring company?

Just ask one. But, if you ask an authoring group, be sure to actually work for them. Authoring Groups see partners as a chance to get songs released faster, so it would be nice to help them out, because there are a few that are rather behind on a lot of songs.