Why Harmonix why?!

drummerockbanddrummerockband Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I'm trying to get the Music Historian achievement, I have played every decade except the 50's. I had 80 MSP so I went in the sale and went to 50's songs. The only one there was Ooby Dooby by Roy Orbison, so I bought it. I played it and still no achievement! Did I miss something? I just wasted a dollar.

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    drummerockband;4893420 said:
    I'm trying to get the Music Historian achievement, I have played every decade except the 50's. I had 80 MSP so I went in the sale and went to 50's songs. The only one there was Ooby Dooby by Roy Orbison, so I bought it. I played it and still no achievement! Did I miss something? I just wasted a dollar.

The only 50's songs which count towards the achievement are the marked Johnny Cash songs which are 160MSP.
  • drummerockbanddrummerockband Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Ok, thanks. I guess they don't mean it when they said that Roy Orbison song was from the 50's. Too bad I can't get a refund, I would have bought a different song.
  • edited October 2012
    drummerockband;4893424 said:
    Ok, thanks. I guess they don't mean it when they said that Roy Orbison song was from the 50's. Too bad I can't get a refund, I would have bought a different song.

The Roy Orbison song is actually from a 1987 greatest hits album. I believe it was sorted correctly in RB3, but Blitz looks for date data in a different place in the file which is why it sorts as 50s in the store when it's actually an 80's game.

It's an issue that we've flagged to the DLC team and the only ways it could be corrected would be to either patch Blitz (which isn't in the plans at this time) or resubmit the song and have everyone that already bought it redownload it (which is also unlikely given the complications surrounding releasing 2 versions of the same song). It's a tricksy little thing and we're aware of the confusion that it has caused some users. If you fire off an email via the Support tab on the left hand side of the page we'll see what we can do to help.

Closing this thread since the issue has been brought up previously in other threads.
This discussion has been closed.