Metallica Pro Upgrades?

Rise 2 FallRise 2 Fall Opening Act
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Hello all, I just noticed that "...And Justice for All" by Metallica is shown featuring pro guitar and bass upgrades on the Songs page. However, "Blackened" and "Ride the Lightning" do not. How long has "...And Justice for All" featured pro upgrades? I was completely unaware of this. If this is something new, I hope someone else sees this so you all don't think I'm crazy.

Comments

• machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Rise 2 Fall;4893462 said:
    Hello all, I just noticed that "...And Justice for All" by Metallica is shown featuring pro guitar and bass upgrades on the Songs page. However, "Blackened" and "Ride the Lightning" do not. How long has "...And Justice for All" featured pro upgrades? I was completely unaware of this. If this is something new, I hope someone else sees this so you all don't think I'm crazy.
    ...And Justice For All was released as a pro upgrade sometime last year, I think. I don't remember the exact date.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    There was 20 upgrades released simultaneously for songs that was released before RB3. It never happened after this. If you sort the store with the pro guitar/bass option and go to the last pages, you will find them. They are also probably on sale.
  • Rise 2 FallRise 2 Fall Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Wow that's great to know, thank you so much.
  • rockman05rockman05 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I think it was one of the first songs to get Pro Upgrade and they did this way before RB3 was even released. Probably for Harmonix to test downloading pro upgrades.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    rockman05;4893699 said:
    I think it was one of the first songs to get Pro Upgrade and they did this way before RB3 was even released. Probably for Harmonix to test downloading pro upgrades.

What? Wrong.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    rockman05;4893699 said:
    I'm not even sure how you could come to this conclusion, mostly because the only thing you said that was correct was that Rock Band 3 was released.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    rockman05;4893699 said:

If there was ever a time for this, it's now.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    and this is why we don't get more pro upgrades for legacy songs. i don't know how many people bought this pro track, but i'm sure there would be a lot more if it wasn't buried where no one could find it without knowing it's there ahead of time. it's a shame they couldn't figure out a way to make the legacy pro upgrades show up more prominently in the in-game store.
    edited October 2012
    They could've setted the time filter when the upgrades were updated, but it stayed on when the song was released.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    tnevaker;4893839 said:
    and this is why we don't get more pro upgrades for legacy songs. i don't know how many people bought this pro track, but i'm sure there would be a lot more if it wasn't buried where no one could find it without knowing it's there ahead of time. it's a shame they couldn't figure out a way to make the legacy pro upgrades show up more prominently in the in-game store.

I guess the idea is that if you were looking for pro upgrades, you'd be looking in the pro section of the music store, which cuts down a LOT of the clutter. Unfortunately the legacy upgrades will still be pushed to the back page. I wonder if maybe adding a separate section for legacy tracks with pro upgrades would have been a viable solution. There are still lots of legacy tracks I'd love to see pro upgrades for.
    edited October 2012
    Lots you say? I can't count them.
    edited October 2012
    KEWB;4895470 said:
    I guess the idea is that if you were looking for pro upgrades, you'd be looking in the pro section of the music store, which cuts down a LOT of the clutter. Unfortunately the legacy upgrades will still be pushed to the back page. I wonder if maybe adding a separate section for legacy tracks with pro upgrades would have been a viable solution. There are still lots of legacy tracks I'd love to see pro upgrades for.

yeah, i think that sorta worked in the early days, though it's not very intuitive for the more casual players who probably only check out the "new songs" section of the store from time to time. but now with over 200 pro guitar DLC tracks you've got a lot of scrolling to do to get to them. and with the rock band store constantly kicking you out (on PS3 at least) it's not easy to do. i managed to get them all, but it took a lot of time, patience and effort to make it to those last couple pages of songs without getting booted over and over.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I made up a spreadsheet of all the legacy songs that are now on sale, and included a notation for all the ones that offer a Pro upgrade (information that I got from the Wikipedia page for Rock Band DLC). I've only got a few more of these to buy, so I just search for them by title now. But if you don't have a list already made? Yeah, it is a bit of a pain.

It looks like you can also pull up a list of all Pro Guitar songs using the Song Finder on this website. That makes it easy to filter the results by Source / Decade / Genre.
    edited October 2012
    tnevaker;4895907 said:
    and with the rock band store constantly kicking you out (on PS3 at least)

Never happened to me.
    edited October 2012
    your lucky. it happens to me pretty much every time, and it happens to a lot of other people on PSN.
    edited October 2012
    Well it's not like I spend hours in the store, I usually just know what to buy, and put them in background for speeding up things purpose.
  • cashandbrocashandbro Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    tnevaker;4896145 said:
    your lucky. it happens to me pretty much every time, and it happens to a lot of other people on PSN.
    It happens to me too. It took forever to get the Nirvana upgrades because of this.
    edited October 2012
    Wow, I never got kicked even if I was browsing to find 20 specific songs through title. It wasn't long but still took a while to get them in background.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    The week that Train and Eddie Money both got pro upgrades, it took me an hour and a half to buy them. And they were on the first page of everything. The store just kept kicking me relentlessly.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    There are only about 220 songs in the Rock Band Music Library that have pro upgrades so far. If you go into the Music Store and choose to filter by Rock Band Pro songs, it only takes a couple of pages to scroll through to see everything available.

Why can't I set my RB3 to start up with a pre-set filter so that I am only seeing pro songs? I dislike the extra steps after booting into the game, having to set my preferred sorting each and every time. Sometimes I don't want people to see non-pro songs in local play, even for a brief moment.