Give us the schick pack!!!

expertwinSHexpertwinSH Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
It has been months since the Schick PRO pack had been released. And those who didn't buy Schick razors will be forever doomed to never be able to play the pro guitar upgrades with the RBN songs. If you just give us those tracks, thank you.

Comments

• SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2012
    I think if it was going to happen, it would have already. Pro guitar isn't very popular, and the songs in the pack are otherwise pretty much the same as the RBN versions.
  • expertwinSHexpertwinSH Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4893591 said:
    I think if it was going to happen, it would have already. Pro guitar isn't very popular, and the songs in the pack are otherwise pretty much the same as the RBN versions.
    I still want it for completion's sake.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    expertwinSH;4893603 said:

Can't have what you always want.
    Simple as that.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    expertwinSH;4893603 said:
    Then you should have acquired a code.
  • rockman05rockman05 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Schick pack? I hadn't heard of this.

What songs/upgrades are in the pack?
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    The songs are

HourCast - "Freakshow"
    The Gracious Few - "Appetite"
    Johnny Cooper - "Don't Feel Like That Anymore"
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Well if all the Green Day songs are being released and wasting a week of DLC then there's no reason the Schick songs shouldn't be either.

It gives HMX another week to prolong their slowly diminishing supply of DLC songs.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4893605 said:
    You can't always get what you want.
    Simple as that.

ftfy
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I already have them, but I agree that they should be released for the public. I honestly don't get why they haven't released them. Naysayers can say what they will, but really though, why would they NOT release them? The work is done, they have the files, Not releasing them is basically just saying "no" to money they could be making.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I totally understand why they wouldn't be released in the few weeks or months after the promotion ended. But to STILL be unobtainable? I have to guess that there's some legal restriction, written into the original promotion, that prevents this from happening.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    KEWB;4895068 said:
    I already have them, but I agree that they should be released for the public. I honestly don't get why they haven't released them. Naysayers can say what they will, but really though, why would they NOT release them? The work is done, they have the files, Not releasing them is basically just saying "no" to money they could be making.

I agree. I've got 'em myself, but there are quite a few people out there that never even knew about it, and would like to have those songs. I mean, they aren't just basic songs either. They are songs with pro guitar included. Since pro guitar/bass is by far the least represented instrument in the game, and the instruments to play the charts are the most expensive, it would be nice to see a little more support for people by offering these for sale.

I suppose the reasoning has to do with the fact that these are just RBN songs with pro guitar attached to them, so I'm sure there is some sort of legal hurdle there, but still.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    KEWB;4895068 said:

you are assuming it does not cost money to offer those for sale... also I doubt they would sell well

I really don't think Harmonix would make any money releasing them
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    firedoom666;4895401 said:
    you are assuming it does not cost money to offer those for sale... also I doubt they would sell well

I really don't think Harmonix would make any money releasing them

Well, WOULD it cost money for them to offer them for sale? I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about what goes into putting dlc onto XBL/PSN/Wii, but I do know that whatever theoretical expenses are involved haven't stopped Harmonix from releasing dlc on a weekly basis for nearly five years, including RBN content, free tracks, and other less popular stuff that undoubtedly doesn't sell all that well. Sure, these songs aren't going to be huge sellers, but there's not going to be any additional cost for labor since all the work is already done and I doubt licensing would be any serious issue as far as the bands/labels are concerned seeing as how they're apparently fine with the standard RBN rates. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's more likely a legal matter involving the promotion rather than a concern of how well they'd sell.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2012
    It's still work to submit the songs (at least on the first party end), pro guitar and pro bass are by far the least popular instruments, and the songs are otherwise 99% identical to the RBN versions.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited October 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4895504 said:
    It's still work to submit the songs (at least on the first party end), pro guitar and pro bass are by far the least popular instruments, and the songs are otherwise 99% identical to the RBN versions.

They have Pro drums too.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4895504 said:
    Except those songs aren't available separately on RBN on the PS3 or Wii. So there's that to consider as well.

Beyond that, there really ought not be too much work involved in submitting them for Xbox 360 and PS3 for separate sale; the content is already on the respective marketplaces and approved. They wouldn't have to change anything except the purchasing portals.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Icemage;4895552 said:
    Except those songs aren't available separately on RBN on the PS3
    Actually they are.
    Icemage;4895552 said:
    or Wii.

Laff. Port them to Wii so they can sell 4 downloads?
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4895561 said:
    Hmm. I even have the songs and didn't realize it. Pretty sure I've never played them, or maybe I'd remember them?

In that case, that does make it less financially viable for HMX to go back and re-release these just for pro upgrades plus Wii users.
  • primusumirpprimusumirp Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I'd buy these songs if they would re-release them with pro g/b. I'm not sure how many copies these would sell but I know that also some drummers and vocalists buy dlc with pro g/b upgrades too for online playing.