This community needs to be a little more mature

DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Ok, I'm getting mad, here. Now, I know there are people mad at every DLC release because they didn't get the song that THEY wanted, but recently things have been a little, eh, bad.

During the Rock Band Blitz release, I found it touching how Harmonix would make a totally new game for those who like arcade style. The game is addicting itself. They also wanted to find a way Rock Band players could experience Rock Band without paying extra for instruments. Now, I've seen the comments on the launch trailer, and they have been not good. They were complaining that "This is not Rock Band" or "Rock Band is dead"! Harmonix gives people who can't afford that much money a chance to play a really fun action-packed Rock Band game without instruments, while at the same time giving hardcore Rock Band fans a chance to play our DLC in a fun new way. We didn't have to hate on them for that. Now, I know a lot of people in the forums love RBB, but remember that the forums is a small part of the community. All I'm saying is, they gave us a present, and some people just couldn't control themselves and they start hating.

Now, on another note, during the release of the Green Day Pack 03, there was more noticeable hate. Now, Harmonix gave us a present by giving us some songs from Green Day: Rock Band as DLC. This brought many good things.
1. People who don't want to pay for the whole game and export for 40+ songs they don't like can finally choose one or two of the songs they do like from the four given to us.
2. People who can't export on Wii can finally have some more Green Day DLC in Rock Band 3.
3. People who don't have Green Day: Rock Band can play online with other people who have exported GD:RB songs.
That's 3 reasons I can think of, and I could come up with more. Now, how do you think we react. "Oh, thank you"? NO! We did the complete opposite. We complain we were getting the same songs, and not even Rock Band 3 versions. We wanted MORE NEW SONGS FROM GREEN DAY. Again, Harmonix gave us a present, and we complain about it.

All I'm saying is that nowadays, the Rock Band community just seems like a greedy little 8 year old who just wants MORE AND MORE ICE CREAM. Come on, people, shape up and be mature, and BE THANKFUL!!!!!

Comments

• DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I have a feeling I made myself look stupid trying to make a point... as usual... I don't know why I even try because every way I'm always wrong.
  • edited October 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4893971 said:
    I have a feeling I made myself look stupid trying to make a point... as usual... I don't know why I even try because every way I'm always wrong.

You did fine. Without trying to put words in your mouth I think your post comes down to:

Our own personal opinions are not the center of the world, try and appreciate the perspectives of others.

This is a valuable lesson not only for the forums but for life in general.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited October 2012
    This place is actually quite mature compared to the rest of the internet.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    bigmf;4893969 said:
    poop.
    ****, this is what I came in here to doo.
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4894057 said:
    doo.

Ha ha!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    dog037;4894058 said:
    Ha ha!
    Hehehehe.
  • edited October 2012
    peterock2007;4893965 said:
    As I've said before why should I be thankful that HMX produces a product that makes them a profit. They're not a charity. They don't do it for my personal well being, or yours for that matter. They're a business who's intention is to make money.
    While it's true that Harmonix is a business and we do need money to pay our rent (our landlord STILL won't accept song and dance as payment), that doesn't mean we're solely motivated by avarice. We wouldn't have these forums or engage as often as we do or put out half the ridiculous content we do if the community didn't matter to us. Games and DLC may not be a "gift", but that doesn't mean people should take it for granted.
    peterock2007;4893965 said:
    Welcome to the internet.
    This attitude bums me all the way out. The idea that the internet is a terrible place where people are free to be anonymous jerks and we should all just accept it makes me want to barf.
    DeferredGalaxy3;4893971 said:

I get what you were trying to say and I appreciate the gesture. It's true that we'll never be able to please everyone in a given week, and we don't expect everyone to love everything we do, but it's nice to see when members of the community try to encourage others to be a little bit more respectful.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4894060 said:

I take it you really like Scrubs.
    You post Scrubs videos a lot.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    dog037;4894053 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth, this place doesn't have nearly what Youtube, Facebook, or any other social website has.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4894072 said:
    Took the words right out of my mouth, this place doesn't have nearly what Youtube, Facebook, or any other social website has.
    It has the right level of immaturity. Makes for fun conversations and comments, but doesn't go over the top... Most of the time.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Be excellent to each other.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    dog037;4894053 said:
    ^ this really. you should've seen the gears of war forums when the DLC got delayed by a whole hour
    Apples;4894046 said:
    You did fine. Without trying to put words in your mouth I think your post comes down to:

Our own personal opinions are not the center of the world, try and appreciate the perspectives of others.

This is a valuable lesson not only for the forums but for life in general.
    A post by Apples?! I've only heard of this magical moment! it's more beautiful than i ever expected!
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4894093 said:
    ^ this really. you should've seen the gears of war forums when the DLC got delayed by a whole hour
    I remember that. The digital equivilent of a bloodbath really.
  • edited October 2012
    Just wait until Pears gets here.
    edited October 2012
    I love the taste of apples

(also, sorry for biting your face off Apples, it's just so damn tasty!)
    edited October 2012
    edited October 2012
    then who did i eat? ;_;
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    There will always be people complaining about something, especially on the Internet. Today it's too much modern rock. Before that it was RB3 versions and too much classic rock. At RB3 launch it was All Instruments mode, not having 5 characters on stage, stand-ins not being tied to one instrument (though a workaround was quickly found for that), goal unlocks for clothes and instruments, etc. Before that it was dlc they should have waited to put on RB3. You can even trace it back to RB1 where people complained about their character's being tied down to one instrument.

In the end people seem to completely forget about most of the complaints which just goes to show how minor some of them are.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4894110 said:
    then who did i eat? ;_;

His jealous brother
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Munnchy;4894094 said:
    I remember that. The digital equivilent of a bloodbath really.

Wouldn't that be what these forums would end up like if bands such as Led Zeppelin, Muse, Metallica, Pink Floyd, etc. got content released exclusively for Dance Central :p
    edited October 2012
    grumblevolcano;4894117 said:
    Wouldn't that be what these forums would end up like if bands such as Led Zeppelin, Muse, Metallica, Pink Floyd, etc. got content released exclusively for Dance Central :p

I'd be tempted to join that bandwagon if that happened, but I'd more than likely grab a chair, some popcorn and just wait to see the ****storms fly around here. It would be way too entertaining!

Edit: I actually play DC as well, so i'd buy that dlc anyway.
  • MuscleManMuscleMan Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4894072 said:

Like if you love Rock Band. Ignore if you love the Devil.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    MuscleMan;4894684 said:
    Like if you love Rock Band. Ignore if you love Power Gig.
    Fixed.
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Munnchy;4894205 said:
    I'd be tempted to join that bandwagon if that happened, but I'd more than likely grab a chair, some popcorn and just wait to see the ****storms fly around here. It would be way too entertaining!

Edit: I actually play DC as well, so i'd buy that dlc anyway.

don't forget some mountain dew and tacos :D
    edited October 2012
    Svarta Varg;4894698 said:
    don't forget some mountain dew and tacos :D

Almost forgot! Cheers :D
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Munnchy;4894839 said:
    Almost forgot! Cheers :D

woo hoo :D
  • 88sBand88sBand Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    If we were more mature people would rage more. Everytime a point gets raised people snap at each other. No, it is clear WE MUST REMAIN IGNORANT, STUPID and CHILDISH. After all this forum is rated "T" for totalitarianism.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    it's just a video game... isn't this supposed to be fun?

I'll never understand the angst.
  • olddrummerolddrummer Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    grumblevolcano;4894117 said:

or if they made dance central 4 before rock band 4
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    this is my forum, this is my game.
    this is for fighting, this is for fun.