Your Betrayal (BFMV DLC)- Expert Guitar Mis-Chart?

TAxxOUTBR3AKxxTAxxOUTBR3AKxx Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
I know this seems farfetch'd and probably never mentioned, but I'm seriously having doubts about the testing of official DLC by Harmonix. The issue I am explaining is a mis-chart in the song Your Betrayal by Bullet For My Valentine recently released in a pack with 2 other BFMV songs.

It seems that they mis-charted the Expert Guitar track in the same sections multiple times throughout the song. It is mis-charted in that 3 specific notes are left completely out, yet are just as audible as the other notes. So it bothers me the 4+ times in the song that I play right through it, hear the note, but it clearly is left out.

I'll be using this video and timestamps in it to explain the mis-charts.

At 1:22 there is a series of 4 green notes. This is correct. It repeats itself again at 1:26. Correct also. Then it does a B, Y, R, O, B, Y and goes to repeat itself again.

The problem is @1:36 with the same section of 4 notes. It should ACTUALLY be 5 notes, with the 2nd note needing another quick Green note just before it, as explained in this picture I took from the vid.
**I understand the time says 1:30, but that section is correct, I meant to use the same set of notes at 1:36 where the 1st incorrect spot is.**

Now this same note is omitted in the entire rest of the song when it does this. Once you "hear" the audibility of it, you can't UN-hear it, and it is somewhat annoying.

Now, the 2nd and 3rd notes that is omitted in the same way are Sustains in the chorus. A GR and RY-Sustain to be exact. It's a single-sustain that carries over the entire part, when it should actually be 2 separate sustains of the same variety. This first appears at 2:01. You have a longer GR sustain after 2 shorter GR sustains that followed after alt-strumming Greens. The longer sustain should ACTUALLY be broken in half and a second sustain of the same chord being placed in. Again, once you hear it, you will never UN-hear it.

The 3rd note is the same thing in the same chorus. It's after you drop from the BO and YB-chord. You encounter a RY-chord at 2:09 that, again, should be cut in half and a 2nd sustain chord of RY being placed in. This also happens in every section of the chorus of every chorus of the song.

Don't believe me? Watch the video and listen for the audible parts. The chords are more audibly there than the Green note that's omitted throughout the song as well. Tell me this will be fixed, because I can't stand playing the song when it's inorrect like this. Or has anyone else even really noticed this mis-charting?

Comments

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    You be high like a kite, and I guess you may as well stop playing the song 'cause it's not going to be "fixed" (especially since its not broken) and if its frustrating you to that end, it's not worth it.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    this wont be fixed. and i don't hear it.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Could be on a different stem.

Also, if the best you can find is three 'missing' notes in over 2,000 songs...ahem...baaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, shattered faith.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2012
    If you're going to go as far as to point out a problem as "small" as this (it's one note. Not worth an uprising or anything :p), do something first.

Solo out the guitar stem to where it's the only thing you hear. You do this by going into System Settings->Audio Settings->BG Music in the pause menue and turn it all the way down. Maybe they used another guitar at that part. A lot of modern metal songs like to layer multiple guitars on top of one another to make a more melodic sound.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    @1:36, I don't see anything wrong there. The only thing wrong in the verses are the fact that all those single green notes should be green-red chords. On the real thing, those are open chords, awkward that they charted them to be single notes, but I suppose only guitar players would be able to pick out something like that. Other than that, every note is represented by a gem in the verses that I can hear. The song also has 2 guitars playing two different things during that part. Awkward to chart 2 guitars to one, so they just charted one of the guitars. You're hearing the other guitar probably.

I agree with the chorus though, that chord gets strummed twice not just one single sustain like they charted it and you can clearly hear the guitar strum again while you're still holding the same sustained chord. Little mistakes like that are in numerous HMX released songs, it's all on what you interpret to be 'correct' and what's not. They never 'fixed' any DLC at this point and they never will, something you'll have to learn to live with. There are far worse mistakes in other songs, early RBN songs are a complete travesty when it came to charts. This is nothing.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited October 2012
    For what it's worth, I didn't hear any of these "mischarts" with the backing turned down.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Address all complaints to the Monsanto Corporation!
  • TAxxOUTBR3AKxxTAxxOUTBR3AKxx Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Mega-Tallica;4894253 said:
    @1:36, I don't see anything wrong there. The only thing wrong in the verses are the fact that all those single green notes should be green-red chords. On the real thing, those are open chords, awkward that they charted them to be single notes, but I suppose only guitar players would be able to pick out something like that. Other than that, every note is represented by a gem in the verses that I can hear. The song also has 2 guitars playing two different things during that part. Awkward to chart 2 guitars to one, so they just charted one of the guitars. You're hearing the other guitar probably.

I agree with the chorus though, that chord gets strummed twice not just one single sustain like they charted it and you can clearly hear the guitar strum again while you're still holding the same sustained chord. Little mistakes like that are in numerous HMX released songs, it's all on what you interpret to be 'correct' and what's not. They never 'fixed' any DLC at this point and they never will, something you'll have to learn to live with. There are far worse mistakes in other songs, early RBN songs are a complete travesty when it came to charts. This is nothing.

I understand where you're coming from on the first half. I expected that reply instantly. The second half, is more awkward just holding a sustain knowing it's supposed to be 2 notes. I could fix it in 5 minutes myself in Reaper, but I'm not even gonna hassle it. Just pointing it out.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Now let's talk about GH's charting.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4894867 said:
    Now let's talk about GH's charting.

Exactly.... from GHWT-GH6.... that's scary.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4894868 said:
    Exactly.... from GHWT-GH6.... that's scary.

Lets not forget about "Before I Forget" on GH3.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    grumblevolcano;4895009 said:
    Lets not forget about "Before I Forget" on GH3.

The only song i enjoyed on GH3 (for the chart) was Cliffs of Dover, the rest i never touched...
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    HMX does make mistakes from time to time, but they're relatively rare, and some could be chalked up to stylistic or aesthetic choices. Usually what I see people complaining about is the tendency since slightly before the release of RB3 for guitar charts to be somewhat "hyper-realistic".

In this specific instance, though... your diagram suggests there should be a note in front of the 2nd green, and frankly like others in this thread, I don't hear what you're talking about. There is a longer sustain, which is why it's charted like that, but I don't hear an extra note on any of the tracks there.
  • TAxxOUTBR3AKxxTAxxOUTBR3AKxx Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Icemage;4895690 said:
    HMX does make mistakes from time to time, but they're relatively rare, and some could be chalked up to stylistic or aesthetic choices. Usually what I see people complaining about is the tendency since slightly before the release of RB3 for guitar charts to be somewhat "hyper-realistic".

In this specific instance, though... your diagram suggests there should be a note in front of the 2nd green, and frankly like others in this thread, I don't hear what you're talking about. There is a longer sustain, which is why it's charted like that, but I don't hear an extra note on any of the tracks there.

Like i said earlier, I knew how people would suggest the green part they dont hear, but the sustain is blatantly obvious. As a matter of fact all the sustain chords in the chorus should be the length and space as the BO to YB chord. Listen for that kind of break in the long sustains. Other people can hear it too, so I know it's not just me. I can live with it, but it bothers me that it's a mistake is all.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Well the songs are charted with just that instrument playing they can't miss out notes. The other guitar note you are claiming to be missing must be on another track somewhere.

And then you've got to put in playability in perspective as well. If its an impossible rhythm to play it loses its fun imo.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    TAxxOUTBR3AKxx;4896204 said:
    Like i said earlier, I knew how people would suggest the green part they dont hear, but the sustain is blatantly obvious. As a matter of fact all the sustain chords in the chorus should be the length and space as the BO to YB chord. Listen for that kind of break in the long sustains. Other people can hear it too, so I know it's not just me. I can live with it, but it bothers me that it's a mistake is all.
    Yes, it is pretty obvious and I remember being pretty surprised when I first played it that they charted that part as one sustain, nearly made me over-strum the first time I played it because I knew it was coming, but they didn't chart it (the bridge in "Blackened" has a similar mischart on guitar). But, like other people said, HMX makes mistakes sometimes, even though I think that's a bigger mistake than normal, it's not going to be fixed ever. It is what it is.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    TAxxOUTBR3AKxx;4896204 said:
    I'm sorry, I'm still only hearing one sustained guitar note (as opposed to immediately muted like in the earlier section) PLUS one sustained bass note. Not two separate notes on guitar on those green sustains.

I took the section into practice mode on guitar to make sure, and (like Magnet posted above) turned BG instruments down to make sure; the guitar stem only has single sustained notes (as opposed to immediately muted notes) on the sections in question. You clearly only hear single strums there, and no extra harmonics indicating either another string or the interruption of a second strum.

There might be something else that you're mistaking for a second note, but whatever that might be, it's not on the lead guitar stem as far as I can hear.

Bullet For My Valentine does use rhythm guitar, so perhaps that's what you're hearing on the background stem? Whatever it is, it's so subtle that I can't hear whatever you're saying you hear, and I definitely don't hear it on the lead guitar stem.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited October 2012
    I think I speak for everyone else when I say that Scream Aim Fire was the bigger upset that week, and that wasn't even the worst mistake they've made.
  • ZoiloCruzZoiloCruz Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Well as a guitar player I could tell you that Rock Band does some pretty accurate charts. Ever since they added Pro charts I feel like the basic notes don't capture it exactly how it is in the real guitar, an example of that is "In My Head" by QOSTA, where the intro has a single notes instead of a chord which appears at the end the solo. Although this is strangely confusing chart is best just to think that Basic Guitar is just for fun not a real instrument.