will people recommend me HOPO heavy songs.

Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
for guitar, bass and keytar i'm looking mainly for ones similar to how some of these following songs are not highly difficult ones like caprici di diablo

amberian dawn - dreamchaser (parts like the intro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0YBJy70Xg0

eths - adonai (the verse and to a lesser extent the chorus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myx_aGN4bLw

eths - gravis venter (the intro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpw5iuSRFg

yogurt with sprinkles - version 2 (2nd half of the key solo when played as keytar is all HOPO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu-MzyK5ilw part i'm talking about starts at about 3:16

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    No Woman No Cry
    Everybody Wants to Rule the World
    Red Barchetta
    Alabama Getaway
    Dig
    Here Without You
    When I'm Gone
    Blurry
    Something Bigger, Something Brighter

All HOPO-heavy, none of them "OMFG THIS IS HARD!" level of difficulty (SBSB is devil-tier, but it's really not that hard. And...fine, skip if you want to :p ).
    Alternity;4894279 said:
    Rude Mood by Stevie Ray
    Obfuscation by Between the Buried and Me

OP said no "highly difficult" songs.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4894279 said:
    Rude Mood by Stevie Ray
    he said not too hard :p
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Joker & The Thief has 632 HOPOs or something.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I don't find these ones too hard, I find them fun :|
    edited October 2012
    Good for you, you're a guitar god. Rude Mood is one of the most difficult songs in the catalog (top 5 or 10 percent anyway). There's no way you didn't know that.
    edited October 2012
    Dreamchaser is harder than those IMHO.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4894319 said:
    Dreamchaser is harder than those IMHO.

I can't hit a damned not of Rude Mood. But I can hit that intro riff of Dreamchaser really well.
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    i put dreamchaser in the opening post to show an example of the main type i'm looking for. so far my favorite chart that was mentioned that i didn't already have was the machinehead song (already got stash and love it) keep the suggestions up there been great ones i would of missed if i didn't as here
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited October 2012
    Reson-8-r Parts 1 and 2
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited October 2012
    Svarta Varg;4894271 said:

yogurt with sprinkles - version 2 (2nd half of the key solo when played as keytar is all HOPO)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu-MzyK5ilw part i'm talking about starts at about 3:16

:D
    edited October 2012
    Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
    Push Push (Lady Lightning) - Bang Camaro
    edited October 2012
    oh i meant to say this before but forgot my skill level i concider average-above average depending on the song and one of my main guitar HOPO heavy songs is china cat sunflower and i recently been getting around 95% sometimes better but rarely. china cat, stash, and the great plains are my favorite HOPO heavy guitar songs also remember i'm also looking for ones for bass and keytar as well
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4894394 said:
    Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
    Push Push (Lady Lightning) - Bang Camaro

i love wanted dead or alive (got all bon jovi songs), i'll check out the chart for push push now thanks. never checked its chart out before because i was sick of the song during the GH2 days but i do like bang camaro
  • ZoiloCruzZoiloCruz Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I've did it with "Push Push (Lady Lighting", "Something Bigger and Something Better" and Hysteria (on Bass I've just played Hysteria so many times I eventually got the goal)
    edited October 2012
    Laid to Rest - Lamb of God
    Complexity of Light - Children of Nova (or any songs from them)
    edited October 2012
    laid to rest and hysteria are actually on my to get for bass list but thanks for reminding me. i'm checking out a sample of complexity of light and it sounds great i will check out the other songs thanks to everyone that has mentioned a song
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Can't believe nobody's mentioned Love Spreads yet. Both guitar and bass are spectacularly hopo-y.

Check out just about any of the Texas in July songs on the RBN, as well as Miss May I, if you don't mind metalcore/deathcore.
    edited October 2012
    love spreads looks pretty fun thanks. not really into metalcore/deathcore type stuff but ill check out texas in july, is there any song from them in particular you think i should check out?
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited October 2012
    How has no one mentioned Fleetwood Mac - Landslide yet? That song is literally 99% hopos.

Other hopo heavy not too hard songs:

Pearl Jam - Just Breathe (another that Im surprised no one has said yet)
    The Mother Hips - White Falcon Fuzz (lots of hopos, very fun and only a buck...this is a must get)
    Billy Joel - Always A Woman
    Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla
    La Roux - Bulletproof
    Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk
    Freezepop - Get Ready To Rokk
    Phish - Anything but Llama
    3 Doors Down - Here Without You (surprisingly fun with a ton of hopos)
    Allman Brothers Band - Blue Sky
    Grateful Dead - Almost everything but especially China Cat Sunflower, Alabama Getaway and Franklins Tower
    Merle Haggard - Mama Tried (another surprisingly fun song with mostly hopos)
    Brad Paisley - Mud On The Tires
    Oasis - Anything but Wonderwall
    The Stone Roses - Love Spreads
    Motley Crue - Saints Of Los Angeles
    B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone
    Blind Melon - No Rain
    Wolfmother - Joker And The Thief
    Dinosaur Jr. - Pick Me Up
    SRV - Lenny
    SRV - Texas Flood

there you go....a bunch of great hopo songs from a bunch of different genres, decades and styles.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I got the goal off of Grateful Dead songs, White Knuckles by OK GO, and "Giddy On Up" by Laura Bell Bundy
    edited October 2012
    don't really know why people keep mentioning the goal? did he ever say he was going for that?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4894529 said:
    don't really know why people keep mentioning the goal? did he ever say he was going for that?
    He CAN'T be, he included keytar, which obviously has no HOPO Goals.
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4894529 said:

Because the only time I actually worried about if songs had heavy ho/pos is when I needed the goal? And the songs I remembered hadn't been mentioned, but fit the criteria.

AND.. He doesn't have the goal completed?
    edited October 2012
    i don't mind that people are mentioning the goal. but i am only asking for recommendations of heavy HOPO songs cause i prefer HOPO songs as long as they aren't caprici di diablo or guitar sucks type of fast and through most of the song, i don't mind if its those speeds as long as its in a solo or a short burst outside of the solo and take up less then half of the song.
    edited October 2012
    peterock2007;4894542 said:
    Because the only time I actually worried about if songs had heavy ho/pos is when I needed the goal? And the songs I remembered hadn't been mentioned, but fit the criteria.

people actually worried about those goals? i got it within a week of getting the game without trying :s
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4894529 said:
    don't really know why people keep mentioning the goal?

Because that's a really easy way to remember HOPO-heavy songs. Or should I not have consulted the battle I made for just that purpose? Those are HOPO-heavy songs, which is what OP asked for.
    edited October 2012
    jibjqrkl;4894546 said:
    people actually worried about those goals? i got it within a week of getting the game without trying :s

Obviously I don't have as much free time as you. I didn't even play 50k notes in the first week,
    edited October 2012
    peterock2007;4894542 said:

i mostly play on training, main time a score of mine is on the leaderboard is if i'm playing multiplayer, some songs i will go repeat for a better star count if i enjoyed the chart enough and if i played it with someone else as well
    edited October 2012
    peterock2007;4894549 said:
    Obviously I don't have as much free time as you.

I don't think anybody does.
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4894558 said:
    I don't think anybody does.

^