Let's say RB3 exports but not all songs will, which ones will you miss?

rjbr2000rjbr2000 Insane
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Title says it all.

Name me 3 songs and the reason as to why you'll miss them?

Mine would be:

No One Knows - that song is just a blast to play
Dead End Friends - to this day I still wish they'd picked Mind Eraser, but this song is cool nonetheless
Fly Like An Eagle - I don't really play this song that much, but I always seem to like to hear the preview of the song because it just sounds so hypnotic and cool

Comments

• KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Bohemian Rhapsody, Rainbow in the Dark, Crazy Train. Free Bird is a very close #4 though.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    RB3 has the worst setlist Harmonix has ever assembled. Not only does it have very few songs I would miss if they disappeared, it has about two dozen that I would pay extra to have removed from my export. (Not everyone's. Just mine.)

My top three RB3 disc songs...which I guess answers your question...are In A Big Country, Roundabout, and Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 2012
    Numskull;4896426 said:
    RB3 has the worst setlist Harmonix has ever assembled. Not only does it have very few songs I would miss if they disappeared, it has about two dozen that I would pay extra to have removed from my export. (Not everyone's. Just mine.)

My top three RB3 disc songs...which I guess answers your question...are In A Big Country, Roundabout, and Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before.

Not everyone feels this way. Personally this is my favorite setlist ever.

Anyway I'd cry if I lost Jerry was a Race Car Driver, Antibodies, and Something Bigger Something Brighter.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    RB3 has the best setlist of any main entry into a band simulation game. I would miss everything but the two songs I 1 lightered.

BoRhap for sure. Yoshimi. A number of the classic rock mentioned above - those would be the biggest misses.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    tnevaker;4895865 said:
    except llama. i wouldn't miss that song one damn bit.

Agh I hate all this hate for Llama. I freaking love that song, Phish is a great jam band. >:(

I think the same about Antibodies. Amazing song but people neglect it like nobody's business.

but haters are gonna hate nonetheless
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I would go with The Beautiful People, Bohemian Rhapsody and Caught in A Mosh myself, all of them some of my all time favorite vocal songs and I find them enjoyable to play on the other instruments too if only because I am biased about the songs

Runner ups would be Break on Through, Crazy Train and Beast and The Harlot
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 2012
    Lord_Mhoram;4896455 said:
    RB3 has the best setlist of any main entry into a band simulation game. I would miss everything but the two songs I 1 lightered.

BoRhap for sure. Yoshimi. A number of the classic rock mentioned above - those would be the biggest misses.

You're reminding me how desperately we need more Flaming Lips.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4896459 said:
    Agh I hate all this hate for Llama. I freaking love that song, Phish is a great jam band. >:(

I think the same about Antibodies. Amazing song but people neglect it like nobody's business

Welcome to opinions. It's fine if yours is in the minority, but that doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.
  • LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
    edited October 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4896459 said:

I think the same about Antibodies. Amazing song but people neglect it like nobody's business.

but haters are gonna hate nonetheless

Call me a hater all you want, I just do not like Antibodies! If I could delete the song so I didn't even have to hear the intro, I would.

Beast and the Harlot would be my disappointment, but I know they would keep it, so I'm good.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    "Foolin", "Roundabout", and "Sister Christian" would be most missed.

Second tier is "Midlife Crisis", "Plush", and "25 or 6 to 4".
  • randomasrandomas Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Mid-life crisis, plush and rainbow in the dark, would be my most missed.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4896537 said:
    Call me a hater all you want, I just do not like Antibodies! If I could delete the song so I didn't even have to hear the intro, I would.

Beast and the Harlot would be my disappointment, but I know they would keep it, so I'm good.
    Okay, you're a hater of Antibodies. Could you explain why?
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Plush
    Misery Business
    Antibodies
    Portions for foxes (Surprise hit, I honestly didn't know this song existed before RB3)
    Beast and the Harlot
    Living in America
    Dead End friends
    Crosstown traffic
    No one knows
    Need you tonight
    Everyone wants to rule the world

Just to name my favorites. I'd miss all, minus a few that really didn't appeal to my tastes at all.
  • Edfan1337Edfan1337 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    In a Big Country, Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead, Foolin', King George, Lasso, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, The Con are all my favorites. I would be sad if any got left behind. Of course, there's also Bohemian, Rainbow in the Dark, Crazy Train, and other great songs, but I'm confident they'll keep at least some of those in (Let's face it, you don't export only 3/4th of your entire game... *coughguitarherocough*)
    edited October 2012
    Edfan1337;4896888 said:
    In a Big Country, Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead, Foolin', King George, Lasso, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, The Con are all my favorites. I would be sad if any got left behind. Of course, there's also Bohemian, Rainbow in the Dark, Crazy Train, and other great songs, but I'm confident they'll keep at least some of those in (Let's face it, you don't export only 3/4th of your entire game... *coughguitarherocough*)
    Apparently GH were listening to my silent rants when they exported GH5.... Then left all of the good songs out.... You're definitely right here.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Munnchy;4896922 said:
    Apparently GH were listening to my silent rants when they exported GH5.... Then left all of the good songs out.... You're definitely right here.

For me, I find there to be almost no correlation between the good and bad songs exported from GH5. I think it was a proportional section of the good and bad that both missed and made the export.

It's the GHWT export that was ridiculous in that all the songs that were worthwhile were excluded from export, and all the songs that exported were the worthless ones. I wouldn't mind so much an export that excludes 60% of the songs so long as the 40% if keeps includes 40% of the good songs. But lordy did it not even come close to that.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited October 2012
    If 3 songs don't get exported, I would hope that Antibodies, Llama, and The Hardest Button to Button get left behind.
    edited October 2012
    thatmarkguy;4896941 said:
    For me, I find there to be almost no correlation between the good and bad songs exported from GH5. I think it was a proportional section of the good and bad that both missed and made the export.

It's the GHWT export that was ridiculous in that all the songs that were worthwhile were excluded from export, and all the songs that exported were the worthless ones. I wouldn't mind so much an export that excludes 60% of the songs so long as the 40% if keeps includes 40% of the good songs. But lordy did it not even come close to that.
    You're spot on with WT. That and smash hits were an absolute joke. But for me, GH5 export missed out all of my favourite songs to play. It's more of a personal gripe really :P That's why I refuse to get rid of any of my previous discs, until rockband fills the void of course :D
  • SylarTheNinjaSylarTheNinja Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    The only ones that I would be really annoyed if we lose would be Combat Baby, Just Like Heaven, Portions for Foxes and Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before.
  • *Josie**Josie* Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    The only ones I would really miss are...

Bohemian Rhapsody
    Foolin
    Here I Go Again
    Rainbow In The Dark
    Sister Christian

but if you asked me that about any of the previous RB discs, I would say none
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    The only one I would be happy with if it was gone forever would be Whip It.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    "Low Rider", "Sister Christian", and "In a Big Country".

For a guy who hasn't lived the 80s, I'm surprised I would say such a thing. :o
  • BlagbooBlagboo Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I'd definitely miss "Just Like Heaven," "Bohemian Rhapsody," and "One Armed Scissor."

I could do without a few songs on the setlist, but not many.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    well my 3 favorite songs (and what I would miss the most) would be
    25 or 6 to 4, Jerry was a Racecar Driver, and Antibodies

but there are only a few songs I would not miss
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Probably "The Power of Love," "Plush," and "Yoshimi." Those are my all time favorite voxtar songs.

Runner up goes to "Roundabout" and "Misery Business."
  • CosmicBushellCosmicBushell Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I would really miss having:

Tegan and Sara - The Con
    Ida Maria - Oh My God
    Rammstein - Du Hast
    Paramore - Misery Business
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    If I had to choose 3 they would be:
    Plush
    No One Knows
    The Look

With "Just Like Heaven" and "Here I Go Again" being a close 4th and 5th place.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Just Like Heaven (My most played by far), Bohemian, and Roundabout or Sister Christian for me.. prob my most played..the others do nothing for me and never get played.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    Too many to mention. Off the top of my head:

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
    Lasso
    Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
    Just Like Heaven
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    China Grove
    Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, Pt. 1
    Sister Christian
    Imagine
    Low Rider
    King George
    I Can See For Miles
    Break On Through (To The Other Side)
    Crosstown Traffic
    25 Or 6 To 4
    Misery Business
    Centerfold
    20th Century Boy
    Rock Lobster
    Me Enamora
    Combat Baby
    Everybody Wants To Rule The World
    Whip It
    Werewolves of London
    The Con
    In A Big Country
    Don't Stand So Coose To Me
    The Look
    The Killing Moon
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Smoke On The Water
    Here I Go Again
    Walk of Life
    Space Oddity
    Walking On The Sun
    The Power of Love
    No One Knows
    Get Up, Stand Up
    Good Vibrations
    Heart of Glass
    Plush
    Get Free
    The Hardest Button To Button
    Free Bird
    Foolin'

In no particular order. Heck, I'll even miss "Fly Like An Eagle" a little bit.

That's just off the top of my head. There may be more. And if you tell me to cut that down to three.. heh, yeah right.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited October 2012
    I would miss these songs something fierce:

The Cure - "Just Like Heaven"
    Blondie - "Heart of Glass"
    Tears for Fears - "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"
    Metric - "Combat Baby"
    Paramore - "Misery Business"
    Echo & The Bunnymen - "The Killing Moon"
    The Smiths - "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"