RBN Community Spotlight : October 2012

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Have we been doing this for a YEAR already?

Where does the time go? :D

Like last month I'm going to rapid fire the announcements this morning and then get out of the way for other authors to have the rest of the day to themselves :)

Since I Like Swords debuted yesterday it's been exploding all over Toby's Facebook page, and our Youtube page so I think it's only fitting that we start this month with a preview of a song in the same vein as I Can Swing My Sword.

From the same artist that gave us I Like Trains, this is Lil Deuce Deuce and Mine Turtle!

http://youtu.be/Y3Bz2dk6NgQ

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2012
    Here's the fourth and final Terror track we're working on.

This is Return to Strength!
    http://youtu.be/fQ3GrWL7wdw
    edited October 2012
    Here's the next track we're working on from Strikken!

This is World of Sorrow :
    http://youtu.be/Ltr7lYXudnU
  • Ralphy2009Ralphy2009 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Don't like that Brand New Key rerecord at all. All the charm from the original's unique vocal performance is gone. No thanks.

Waiting to see what that Secret Project Authoring thing is.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2012
    Ralphy2009;4895912 said:
    Don't like that Brand New Key rerecord at all. All the charm from the original's unique vocal performance is gone. No thanks.

Having worked on it, I agree. This "remix" sounds a bit too much like one of those "remixes" of an old song that those stupid hip-hop fanatics make on YouTube.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    VolTRH;4895778 said:
    Here's something that you guys probably didn't expect.

Today I'm proud to announce that a new authoring group, or rather person, is taking up shop: Secret Project Authoring!

I actually made my account a little over a year ago and have been searching for bands and artists ever since. My goal is to bring as many recognizable songs and artists as I can to the RBN. Being a single person, I can't have nearly as much output as the bigger authoring groups, but what I will be bringing I hope will be well received.

Today, I have a possible three artists to announce. Two for sure, but I'm waiting on the green light from a third.

Hell yeah! Since Dlcquickplay is almost gone, we need a new authoring group.

What kind of genere are you willing to chart most? What's your favourite genre?
    edited October 2012
    Here's a look at the acoustic shredding (is that an oxymoron?) of POM with Deep Shift.

Now we JUST got this track built a day or so ago and noticed that the end of the song goes off the rails (and will be fixed of course), but we wanted to give you a peek at this and let you wonder if you need to grow a sixth finger to play this properly ;)

http://youtu.be/ObN8I0ZNO5I
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    well so far the only thing that excites me is Mine Turtle... but that is ok because I just calmed down from Chart Toppers Brony pack
    edited October 2012
    You know 'em, you love 'em, so here's the next track from those crazy Russian's Fail Emotions!

This is Makes Bad!
    http://youtu.be/vIxVk4xJP60
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4895933 said:
    Here's a look at the acoustic shredding (is that an oxymoron?) of POM with Deep Shift.

Now we JUST got this track built a day or so ago and noticed that the end of the song goes off the rails (and will be fixed of course), but we wanted to give you a peek at this and let you wonder if you need to grow a sixth finger to play this properly ;)

http://youtu.be/ObN8I0ZNO5I

This looks f***ing insane! Can't wait to break my fingers trying to even 3-star that.
    edited October 2012
    Here's our final video preview for the day (but I've got one last announcement coming up so stick around for that).

This is the third track we're working on from the insanely talented The Dillinger Escape Plan. This is Parasitic Twins!
    http://youtu.be/oM_fLiTtqsg
    edited October 2012
    Make that two announcements :P

Here's the first.

I'm sure some of you noticed me talking about not enough Ska/skater punk music in Rock band the other day.

This is what I was referring to.

We're working with OPM to bring their track Heaven is a halfpipe!

http://youtu.be/dT65fpfaDQY

We'll be working on other tracks from OPM as well so stay tuned for future announcements!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4895964 said:
    Make that two announcements :P

Here's the first.

I'm sure some of you noticed me talking about not enough Ska/skater punk music in Rock band the other day.

This is what I was referring to.

We're working with OPM to bring their track Heaven is a halfpipe!

http://youtu.be/dT65fpfaDQY

We'll be working on other tracks from OPM as well so stay tuned for future announcements!
    Yes! This is a band I never expected to be in Rock Band.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4895940 said:
    You know 'em, you love 'em, so here's the next track from those crazy Russian's Fail Emotions!

This is Makes Bad!
    http://youtu.be/vIxVk4xJP60

woo more Fail Emotions!
    edited October 2012
    Okay here's the last announcement we've got for the day.

Since this is the year anniversary of the community Rock Band thread I thought in celebration we'd talk about what TAG is going to be doing for the NEXT year. So here's an advanced 'look' at what we'll be bringing to you later in 2013.

This stuff is still a ways out. We've got our current pile of fun to get through, but we wanted to do something special for the thread in honor of the year mark so here goes!

Since I started TAG there's been some watershed bands (at least for me) that I've been chasing since even before we released our first piece of DLC. We finally locked down a lot of them and so I'm proud to announce a VERY early look at what you can expect in 2013 (later half of) from TAG.

You should probably sit down ;)

The return of Fearless Records
    American Head Charge
    Slightly Stoopid
    Black Light Burns (Wes Borland)
    Early Avenged Sevenfold (first two albums)
    Sublime
    Children of Bodom
    The return of Subpop records
    In Flames
    Brendon Small/Dethklok

It's been a hell of a year for us at TAG.

2013 is going to be even better.

See you all next announcement thread and everyone keep rockin!
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Wow, TAG. Just.... wow.

I think I love you.
    edited October 2012
    TAG, let me say this.

If I were a woman, I'd want to bear your babies.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4895976 said:
    Okay here's the last announcement we've got for the day.

Since this is the year anniversary of the community Rock Band thread I thought in celebration we'd talk about what TAG is going to be doing for the NEXT year. So here's an advanced 'look' at what we'll be bringing to you later in 2013.

This stuff is still a ways out. We've got our current pile of fun to get through, but we wanted to do something special for the thread in honor of the year mark so here goes!

Since I started TAG there's been some watershed bands (at least for me) that I've been chasing since even before we released our first piece of DLC. We finally locked down a lot of them and so I'm proud to announce a VERY early look at what you can expect in 2013 (later half of) from TAG.

You should probably sit down ;)

American Head Charge
    Slightly Stoopid
    Sublime
    Children of Bodom
    In Flames
    Brendon Small/Dethklok

See you all next announcement thread and everyone keep rockin!

Nobel... How many times have I told you I loved you?
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited October 2012

American Head Charge
    Slightly Stoopid
    Sublime
    Children of Bodom
    In Flames
    Brendon Small/Dethklok

This was the thought process.
    https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/9/28/pBgWLZfdj0uJGZmcgcPjQw2.jpg

Also, I love you.
    edited October 2012
    I've been chasing most of these bands for over two years now so it's been an incredibly difficult process, but these are some of my favorite bands and I've wanted them in the game since it was Guitar Hero ;)

I'm just glad so many of you like the stuff I like.

It works out nicely :P
  • edited October 2012
    Holy cow! Sublime! Dethklok! The possible return of Flight of the Conchords! I can't wait!
  • VerreauxVerreaux Opening Act
    edited October 2012

Sublime
    Millions of less than 3's to you, TAG. You just made my day.
  • svfd615svfd615 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    i hate to be mean to the other charting groups but tag you have won best company good job
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    Never heard of any of them besides Sublime (which I don't like the song we have by them), Dethklok (which I know that one song in WoR which I HATE), and A7X (which I hate the early material of).

However, this is pretty sweet and I'm excited for you guys, TAG :3
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited October 2012
    Out of curiosity, how's the Azania track going? We saw footage back in August and I was hoping to be able to play it soonish. :-|

"Heaven is a Halfpipe" is one of those songs I know I've heard, but I don't remember where.

I'm a bit disappointed in "Brand New Key's" re-record, since I heard some autotuning, but I'll be picking it up eventually anyway. As for the announcements:

Sublime

Yes, I'm looking forward to these.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4895767 said:
    Never liked Halcyon Way or My Ruin and never heard of the other 2. Better get on them.

What? Halcyon Way is one of the better Metal bands on RBN.
    edited October 2012
    LoopyChew;4896002 said:
    Out of curiosity, how's the Azania track going? We saw footage back in August and I was hoping to be able to play it soonish. :-|

"Heaven is a Halfpipe" is one of those songs I know I've heard, but I don't remember where.

I'm a bit disappointed in "Brand New Key's" re-record, since I heard some autotuning, but I'll be picking it up eventually anyway. As for the announcements:

Yes, I'm looking forward to these.

Show me a sign should be entering the review part of the process soon, and with any luck it'll be out before the next community thread :)
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    M_Robbins5;4896007 said:
    What? Halcyon Way is one of the better Metal bands on RBN.
    They're so bland and uninspiring. Their music is pretty much a representation of "generic Prog" in my book.
    edited October 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4896000 said:
    Never heard of any of them besides Sublime (which I don't like the song we have by them), Dethklok (which I know that one song in WoR which I HATE), and A7X (which I hate the early material of).

However, this is pretty sweet and I'm excited for you guys, TAG :3

So you like Slayer, but you don't like most thrash/death metal bands that get released? (Or most metal in general?)

What kind of metal do you listen to?!?
  • edited October 2012
    So... with Brendon Small on board what are the odds of getting the Franz Kafka Rock Opera by Sc