Nightmare Lyre's Stuff and Things and RBN Songs

NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
So with my first song to be announced for the Rock Band Network going into playtesting yesterday I thought this would be a good time to make a post about my songs. I make... umm... music that I have a hard time finding a genre for and it switches from song to song basically. I love experimenting with various unusual instruments (Ukulele as lead guitar for example) and I jump between styles and influences from song to song based on how I feel when I compose them.

Feel free to take a listen if you want and tell me what you think, always happy to hear some constructive feedback :)

Songs of mine coming to the RBN:
Deception - Freen in Green Authoring - In Store [chart preview][store]
[2x pedal]
Into The Cold - Freen in Green Authoring - In Playtest [chart preview]
Spirits of The Everfree - Brony Authoring Group - In Playtest [chart preview]
Apple Bucking Anthem - Brony Authoring Group - Announced [song]

Spirits of The Everfree is a colab made with the artist Point Zero, which music can be found here: http://soundcloud.com/point-zero-ruby

All my songs can be found here: http://nightmarelyre.bandcamp.com/

Comments

• firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    they all sound awesome... can't wait to play them :)

I love Apple Bucking Anthem its been on my iPod since Brony Authoring Group posted their list of songs
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the kind words fire, happy to hear you are enjoying my music :D
  • Edfan1337Edfan1337 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Sounds awesome. This caters to those "I-Eat-Devil-Tiered-RBN-Songs-For-Breakfast-Raaawwr" players and bronies at the same time. While I highly doubt I'll end up purchasing any of those songs (I prefer songs that I can actually do half-decent on, plus I also prefer vocal songs), I still wish you luck on getting your songs into the game.

Also, dat everything.
    edited October 2012
    Hehe thanks man, though I believe Apple Bucking Anthem will be a bit easier than my other tunes just to mention that (though I understand if you are mainly on vocals that instrumentals wouldn't be much of your thing) =P
    edited February 2013
    Deception just passed Peer Review! It will be available as both normal and as a 2X Pedal version so feel free to check it out if you want =)
    edited February 2013
    NightmareLyre;4978183 said:
    Deception just passed Peer Review! It will be available as both normal and as a 2X Pedal version so feel free to check it out if you want =)

awesome... I'll be sure to get it once I have some points :)
    edited February 2013
    firedoom666;4978365 said:
    awesome... I'll be sure to get it once I have some points :)

Have fun, and thanks a lot!
    edited February 2013
    Congrats on getting your song in! If it does come to PS3, I'll probably will check it out; I haven't had a good song to kill myself on drums with in a while. :P

Also, May 15th was when it was first announced? Daaaaaaaaaaammnn... Took a little while, didn't it?
    edited February 2013
    Edfan1337;4978455 said:
    Congrats on getting your song in! If it does come to PS3, I'll probably will check it out; I haven't had a good song to kill myself on drums with in a while. :P

Also, May 15th was when it was first announced? Daaaaaaaaaaammnn... Took a little while, didn't it?
    Thanks! Yeah I hope it makes it over to PS3 too obviously so I also get to play it lol, if you want feel free to request it in the PS3 request thread next time you post there hehe. Also be sure to warm up before you come to any of the monster fills =P

Also whoa, I did not realize that... now I regret all the chart experimentation the playtesters didn't like lol, though with us being a freelance group it also takes a bit of time compared to TAG and Fairwoods to get stuff out (faster now though with having learned better how to make playtesters happy and such) =P
    edited February 2013
    played Deception just a little while ago... great fun on Pro Drums! I barely missed 5 stars

but I was the first person to play it on pro drums

of course this is the single bass pedal version
    edited February 2013
    firedoom666;4980124 said:
    played Deception just a little while ago... great fun on Pro Drums! I barely missed 5 stars

but I was the first person to play it on pro drums

of course this is the single bass pedal version

Happy to hear you enjoyed it hehe, I am sure you can manage to 5 star it soon =)
  • BongOfDestinySHBongOfDestinySH Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Shameful self promotion.

That was fairly fun, although I can't tell you how many times I choked in the second solo :mad:
    edited February 2013
    BongOfDestinySH;4980139 said:
    Shameful self promotion.

That was fairly fun, although I can't tell you how many times I choked in the second solo :mad:

Amazing job! And sorry about the chokes hehe
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Just wanted to say that I'm glad he's our main author, because I genuinely love his work. (Music and camera/lighting work alike.)
    edited February 2013
    grace_pressure;4980920 said:
    Just wanted to say that I'm glad he's our main author, because I genuinely love his work. (Music and camera/lighting work alike.)

Thanks man, happy hear that and happy you are our main playtester with your amazing vocal test skills hehe, also you do some pretty awesome venues yourself I must say (the venue in Dash is just gorgeous)
    edited February 2013
    It never occurred to me until recently, but since this song's inspiration came from the show, doesn't this mean that Deception is the 2nd brony song in the game?
    edited February 2013
    Edfan1337;4981428 said:
    It never occurred to me until recently, but since this song's inspiration came from the show, doesn't this mean that Deception is the 2nd brony song in the game?

Yeah I guess that would be correct hehe