RB1 Throwback Challenge - Bug or Design?

jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I started the RB1 Throwback Challenge earlier this week and noticed something "odd." I've been playing the challenge solo and noticed after playing every song in alpha order that 3 didn't register. When I finally figured out which songs they were, I noticed they were songs that I'd played before starting the challenge and had registered a score. On the second (plus) playthrough, my score was lower than my previous high score and therefore didn't register as being played.

So the question is, designed that way or bug? Seems buggy to me since all the requirement is to play the song, not beat a previous score.

Comments

• lemonsquaredlemonsquared Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    just completed this goal 5 mins ago

I had the same question, i went through all the songs and I was missing one.
    I did the nirvana goal a couple days ago and played in bloom before starting the rb1 challenge. I replayed it and it registered on rb world and i got the badge.

So to answer your question I believe it was intentional, which is kind of stupid. It would really suck if somebody played through all the song THEN started the challenge.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I just played 2 of the 3 songs and beat my old score and still have not received credit. It's been at least half an hour too so I would think it would have updated by now. My score from the Deftones goal already updated and I played that after the other 2 =\
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    I really hope you aren't playing the bonus tracks again. Those just aren't needed for the goal.

Also, NO other challenge adds in old plays, why would this? Does your Scavenger Hunt fill in based on what you've already done? No. Do you pour in Stars to the Community Goal if you've already done some of that genre? No.
    edited October 2012
    I played the bonus tracks just for kicks.

I now have credit for 1 of the 3 songs. The only logical explanation is that I increased my score from 4 to 5 starts, then it counted. I've played the other 2 songs at least 3 times for the challenge and haven't gotten any to register.
    edited October 2012
    Down to 1 song now. I think I've confirmed what I thought. The score only counted when I got a higher star count than before. Now I'm stuck going for Gold stars on Foreplay/Long Time. Anyone know a good load out to accomplish this?
  • TheInsaneSamuraiTheInsaneSamurai Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    @GNF- I think he means that he played the the whole rb1 list after he started the goal, but the ones he had previously played didn't show up after his second go.

I think it's only supposed to require 5 stars on each rb1 song. At least I hope so cause I'm about to start it and I think I've already played the whole list so that could be bad. If it doesn't work I'll hop back in and post with the results.
    edited October 2012
    That could be. I managed to go from 4 to 5 on 2 of those songs, so I only need 5 on the last one. Thanks Samurai.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    It requires five stars on each, yes. Also remember you can play it in RB3, and can drop down to Hard if you need to, and it will also count.
    edited October 2012
    GOT IT! Forgot about the 5 star minimum. I'm happy now :)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Would be nice if Blitz/FB could give a more targeted indicator of what specific songs are left to play for a specific (non-Scavenger hunt) kind of goal.

Too much keeping math in my head with this, and it detracts from the fun.
  • lemonsquaredlemonsquared Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    samjjones;4898507 said:
    Would be nice if Blitz/FB could give a more targeted indicator of what specific songs are left to play for a specific (non-Scavenger hunt) kind of goal.

Too much keeping math in my head with this, and it detracts from the fun.
    yeah i agree, especially considering that you can play rb3 with these goals. It could get really confusing switching back and forth
  • jmhardjmhard Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I am having a similar problem, but it does not appear to be the same. I have credit for all the songs except Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld. I played it again this morning and beat my previous gold star score, so it's not the same issue as listed here. Also, my Rock Band profile is showing that I played it on Rock Band 3 before I lost server connection. I thought maybe I was having a connection issue, so I played the Pinball Wizardry goal and got credit for it no problem. So I'm at a loss as far as the issue here. Any ideas?

Here's the goal in my profile, not sure if anyone can see it though:

https://apps.facebook.com/rock-band-world/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=1&fb_bmpos=2_1
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2012
    All bonus songs (including Timmy) and HMX bands do not count towards the RB1 Throwback challenge.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    This is why I refuse to play the RB2 Throwback Goal. Unless I play every song in Alphabetical order there is no way to keep track on which songs I have left to play unless I write each one I played down or make a spreadsheet.

Sorry 10,000 coins isn't worth it for that. I started the RB1 goal at the same time I exported RB1 so hopefully I finish SRing RB1 for the goal.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2012
    zage1337;4924087 said:
    This is why I refuse to play the RB2 Throwback Goal. Unless I play every song in Alphabetical order there is no way to keep track on which songs I have left to play unless I write each one I played down or make a spreadsheet.

Why not just do that? S'how I did it.
  • jmhardjmhard Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    grumblevolcano;4924083 said:
    All bonus songs (including Timmy) and HMX bands do not count towards the RB1 Throwback challenge.

Yep, sure enough. For some reason I was thinking those showed up in a different section. Looks like the one I was missing was "Next to You" by the Police. Unfortunately I already had Gold Stars on it, but when I played through again I beat my old score. So hopefully it will show as complete shortly. Thanks a bunch for your help.
  • jmhardjmhard Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    jmhard;4924176 said:
    Yep, sure enough. For some reason I was thinking those showed up in a different section. Looks like the one I was missing was "Next to You" by the Police. Unfortunately I already had Gold Stars on it, but when I played through again I beat my old score. So hopefully it will show as complete shortly. Thanks a bunch for your help.
    Yep that did it! Thanks again for the help.