Rock Band Blitz Vita?

lemonsquaredlemonsquared Unsigned
edited April 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
So I think rb blitz would have been a great cross compatible game for ps3/vita.

1. It would have finally made the rb catalogue portable.
how awesome would it be to play rb blitz on a car ride :p

2. It would have given people even more incentive to buy dlc ( and more incentive to buy a vita )
I thought it was really silly that you had to pay 2 dollars for songs that i you already owned for rb unplugged which is why I didn't bother getting it. :(

3. It would given people more opportunity to play blitz
maybe it's because the game is new, but it doesn't seem like that many people play blitz on ps3. So people that didn't own a ps3 but own a vita could play thus creating more scores to beat:cool:.

Than again I'm sure it probably wouldn't have been profitable for harmonix amongst other reasons

idk what do you guys think

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Insensitive isn't quite what you were aiming for.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I'd imagine the online powerups could be a problem, especially in car rides. But, there might be a work around... That will piss the PS3 and XBox 360 players off.
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I used to think this was a no-brainer type of idea, until I realized that the only way this game works is if you have all the DLC available on it (and moreso if you can download it directly from the Vita store), which means they'd have to go through re-certifying the entire DLC catalog just to put it on the Vita (PS1 games have had to go through the same process even though they're all already on the PS3 Store). And I think neither Sony or Harmonix wanted any part of that.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited October 2012
    I can not think of a comfortable way to play Blitz on a Vita. Also PS3 DLC doesnt work on a Vita so Sony would have to do something to make that work so I dont see it ever happening.
    lemonsquared;4896571 said:
    3. It would given people more opportunity to play blitz
    maybe it's because the game is new, but it doesn't seem like that many people play blitz on ps3. So people that didn't own a ps3 but own a vita

SO many people own a Vita but not a PS3? I dont know where you are getting your "facts" but Im pretty sure you are wrong.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    www1221;4896712 said:
    I can not think of a comfortable way to play Blitz on a Vita. Also PS3 DLC doesnt work on a Vita so Sony would have to do something to make that work so I dont see it ever happening.
    I reckon L + R for switching and the D-pad + buttons for hitting notes would be fine.
  • lemonsquaredlemonsquared Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    www1221;4896712 said:

SO many people own a Vita but not a PS3? I dont know where you are getting your "facts" but Im pretty sure you are wrong.

no man i totally agree, most of the few people that own a Vita own a PS3 along side with it. They are expensive, their memory cards are really expensive and they don't have very many games yet. Which I'm sure is why they didn't bother making it for Vita.
    edited October 2012
    lemonsquared;4896985 said:
    no man i totally agree, most of the few people that own a Vita own a PS3 along side with it. They are expensive, their memory cards are really expensive and they don't have very many games yet. Which I'm sure is why they didn't bother making it for Vita.

If you are into Sony and/or video games enough to buy a Vita you probably have a PS3 or 360. If not that number is surley WAY lower than the number of people that do have a PS3 or 360 and a Vita.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2012
    If they could figure out a way to get it on the iPad with touchscreen controls, and have it access the music store, then THAT would sell like crazy I'd imagine.
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4897055 said:
    If they could figure out a way to get it on the iPad with touchscreen controls, and have it access the music store, then THAT would sell like crazy I'd imagine.
    As opposed to on the iPad without touch controls?
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4897055 said:

Implying everyone has one of these? :P

http://www.amazon.com/ION-iCade-Arcade-Cabinet-iPad/dp/B004YC4NH6
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2012
    www1221;4897056 said:
    As opposed to on the iPad without touch controls?

Well I meant that some developers try to shoehorn traditional controls (with a little pop up controller on the screen) into iPad games which is just dumb IMO.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Just a note to Harmonix if they ever do do this, since Nord mentioned they might look into it:
    The DLC needs to be cross-compatible with PS3, or I'll imagine you'll lose a whole lot of sales. The major turn off for Unplugged for me was that none of the DLC I had would work on the game, and it was still full price to get thr Unplugged versions of songs I already had.
    edited October 2012
    TubaDude49;4899104 said:
    Just a note to Harmonix if they ever do do this, since Nord mentioned they might look into it:
    The DLC needs to be cross-compatible with PS3, or I'll imagine you'll lose a whole lot of sales. The major turn off for Unplugged for me was that none of the DLC I had would work on the game, and it was still full price to get thr Unplugged versions of songs I already had.

Im almost positive this is a Sony thing not something Harmonix can do on their own.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    The always online issue would cause problems with portability and the Vita. That and re-certifying all the DLC would be costly. Not likely to happen.
  • VictorManXVictorManX Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    DeferredGalaxy3;4896616 said:
    I'd imagine the online powerups could be a problem, especially in car rides. But, there might be a work around... That will piss the PS3 and XBox 360 players off.

i have it on PS3, and would not mind to be able to use it on the vita, speacially since i only have 2 games that i like on the vita, PSASBR and gravity rush (still need to buy it)

even if only a handful of songs can be extrated of the Ps3