About 3-packs pricing in sale

RainiermanRainierman Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Hello. This belongs in the DLC Support board but... I can't post there either xP. I find it funny how all my topics have been in this board so they can be moved elsewhere. Anyways, here goes.

I could SWEAR I saw a topic about this same matter, but I looked for it a lot to no avail, so sorry about this. But in the sale, it's actually cheaper to buy the 3 songs for 0.99 each (2.97) than their whole pack for 2.99. Seeing how all other pack sizes are priced x.49, I think they are meant to be 2.49 instead.

So my question is, should I wait for this to be fixed, or that won't happen so I should buy them separately? Will this be fixed? Thanks in advance! And also thanks for the sale :).

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    There's nothing to fix. If you want to save the two cents, go right ahead, but remember that Rock Band 3 will then load THREE items for the three songs, instead of the ONE pack. So, if you want to inflate that number unnecessarily in the name of two cents, do your thing.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Rainierman;4896748 said:
    Hello. This belongs in the DLC Support board but... I can't post there either xP. I find it funny how all my topics have been in this board so they can be moved elsewhere. Anyways, here goes.

I could SWEAR I saw a topic about this same matter, but I looked for it a lot to no avail, so sorry about this. But in the sale, it's actually cheaper to buy the 3 songs for 0.99 each (2.97) than their whole pack for 2.99. Seeing how all other pack sizes are priced x.49, I think they are meant to be 2.49 instead.

So my question is, should I wait for this to be fixed, or that won't happen so I should buy them separately? Will this be fixed? Thanks in advance! And also thanks for the sale :).
    That's not a mistake, a lot of the "$1"-range 3-packs have been like this since day 1.

Off the top of my head, I recall the PAX pack, Spongebob packs, Nickelodeon pack, and Fratellis pack were like this even when they were first released. Might have been a few others like this as well.

Also, only really applies on PSN. Wii users have always paid in increments of 100 points, and Xbox 360 users have always paid in multiples of 80MSP.
    edited October 2012
    Fratellis is a regular-priced pack, don't think they were discounted at first like Roadrunner.

Oh, and OP, not every other pack is $X.49, not sure how you arrived at that. Look at any 12-pack. Or just the list in the thread for the sale.
  • KMO_2000KMO_2000 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I'd gladly pay 0.66 cents per song to keep my loading times down.
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4896813 said:
    Fratellis is a regular-priced pack, don't think they were discounted at first like Roadrunner.
    Hm, I know one of the non-promotional single-artist 3-packs was discounted when it launched. Can't recall which one it was (Locksley maybe?)
    edited October 2012
    Icemage;4896823 said:
    Hm, I know one of the non-promotional single-artist 3-packs was discounted when it launched. Can't recall which one it was (Locksley maybe?)
    Locksley was pushed out too fast, since it was the one to recover the Moving Pictures week. Disturbed 01, maybe?
  • RainiermanRainierman Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4896813 said:
    Oh, and OP, not every other pack is $X.49, not sure how you arrived at that. Look at any 12-pack. Or just the list in the thread for the sale.

I stand corrected. I should had said "many other packs". I thought it might be that none of the packs ended in such, but when I saw some then I couldn't but wonder, why isn't this 2.50? But well, if this is the case, then that's fine.

By the way, you all mention loading times, but I thought there was a song limit of about 2950 songs. Not a pack limit. Is this what we're talking about or loading times is a different matter whatsoever?

Also, thanks to everyone for the replies. And I appreciate the swiftness too. :)
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Gonna throw another one in here. Sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know why atomic is priced at 240 points on the xbox live website?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    Munnchy;4897096 said:
    Gonna throw another one in here. Sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know why atomic is priced at 240 points on the xbox live website?

It is not official HMX RB DLC. It was released through the RBN, which is why it is not affected by the sale. RBN songs can cost either 80, 160 or 240 MSP. That particular song is at the expensive end of that scale.
  • Uncharted84Uncharted84 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Arraging such a massive sale across every region and console must be a real pain so you can pretty much expect some discrepancies. On EU PS3 it is noticeably cheaper to buy 3-packs (1.99€) rather than buying the songs separately (2.37€).

I think Atomic was never officially released, even if you can still buy it. Maybe due to some issues with EMP. It's a shame because I'd like to play it on PS3.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    thanks for clearing that one up :)
    edited October 2012
    Rainierman;4897088 said:
    By the way, you all mention loading times, but I thought there was a song limit of about 2950 songs. Not a pack limit. Is this what we're talking about or loading times is a different matter whatsoever?
    Have you...have you PLAYED Rock Band 3? When you turn it on, it counts all the items it needs to load. You've certainly seen it in the last two years. Packs are one item, regardless of how many songs they have. So to minimize the items it loads literally every time you turn it on, you buy packs.
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4897232 said:
    Have you...have you PLAYED Rock Band 3? When you turn it on, it counts all the items it needs to load. You've certainly seen it in the last two years. Packs are one item, regardless of how many songs they have. So to minimize the items it loads literally every time you turn it on, you buy packs.
    I don't think it really matters whether you buy the songs as a pack or singles in terms of net loading time. Speaking as someone with over 2500 additional songs, it's clearly obvious when large packs/exports are being scanned at the start, because the counter ticks very slowly - the game still scans every song despite it being a "pack" - while singleton purchases tick over very quickly.
    edited October 2012
    Icemage;4897262 said:
    I don't think it really matters whether you buy the songs as a pack or singles in terms of net loading time. Speaking as someone with over 2500 additional songs, it's clearly obvious when large packs/exports are being scanned at the start, because the counter ticks very slowly - the game still scans every song despite it being a "pack" - while singleton purchases tick over very quickly.
    I've failed to notice any difference in load times of 3 versus 1. Now, my count hangs a few times, one definitely being the RB2 export, but it seems perfectly capable of handling LEGO and Green Day. One hang-up has even been added after exports/Track Packs were done, couldn't tell you what that one is.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I'm not sure I'm following what is being argued (?) here. Is everyone saying load times are the same no matter if you buy a single pack containing 3 songs or 3 individual songs? Cause I'd expect the load times to be identical, and there isn't any obvious difference in my experience.

Also, I think everyone is also saying the same thing with regards to the imposed limit. that being the song limit applies to songs, regardless if they were purchased in single item or in packs. So it wouldn't matter if you had 1 pack that had 29xx songs or 29xx individual songs... That's all you're getting.

Right?
    edited October 2012
    I'm saying I've never noticed a time difference between loading a 3-pack versus loading a single, so why would I want three of the latter instead of one of the former?

And yes, it's called a song limit.
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4897308 said:
    I'm saying I've never noticed a time difference between loading a 3-pack versus loading a single, so why would I want three of the latter instead of one of the former?

And yes, it's called a song limit.

Maybe to delete an individual song later on if/when you start approaching said song limit?
    edited October 2012
    BachiG;4897315 said:
    Maybe to delete an individual song later on if/when you start approaching said song limit?
    It's currently impossible to hit the song cap on PS3, so that's not a reason for OP.
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4897329 said:
    It's currently impossible to hit the song cap on PS3, so that's not a reason for OP.

Key word being currently. You never know. Buying songs (at a cheaper cost for 3-packs, nonetheless), gives you the capability at least if that time ever comes.