WE ARE. The "2%ers" ....but what does that mean?

BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
I've often seen Mr. Henry Aaron Trites (small aside/public service announcement: you should never trust anyone with two first names) state that the forum represents the early adopters, the exporters and the completionists. We are but a single digit percentage of the total fan base and I believe somewhere or another that was even further defined as approximately 2%.

So what does that mean, in terms of total Rockband Rockers still rockin' exactly?

If you go by total members on the forum EVAR (595,409, including all the riffraff alts, one time posters, etc.), [numbers can be found at the bottom of the forums page http://www.rockband.com/forums/] then that means there's a cool, VERY healthy 29,770,450 worldwide RB rockers still rockin'. While I'd love this to be the case, at this stage, that number seems rather large and hardly likely.

If you go buy the number of singular voters in the forum presidential election thread, which at any one given point in time has totaled in the neighborhood of 20,666 (+/- 45) unique votes cast, then there are a still rather healthy 1,033,300 RB rockers. More plausible, maybe, but still sounds a little high, don't you think? (I for one think that someone has rigged the votes; who is this Scott87 fellow anyway)?

If you go buy the active number of forum members as of right now, sitting at 3,349, then we arrive at 167,450 active RB rockers. Or, if you assume in this scenario that we represent only 1%, that number grows to (where's my damn calculator... Here it is) 334,900. That range sounds reasonable to me.

Thoughts, opinions, derail comments anyone?

Comments

• IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    335K sounds reasonable, especially split across multiple platforms. Close enough for horseshoes and nukes, anyhow.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited October 2012
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    Lawdog1521;4896821 said:
    Nerd!

Gosh darn it LD. Give that back. I might need it later.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited October 2012
    I'm going to go do something non-nerdy.

I think I'll go watch Star Trek DS9.
  • DrRock69DrRock69 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Does this really matter?
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Damn that is enough Rock Band Rockers to start an Occupy Rock Band movement against us 1% :(
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    They've repeatedly said they get 1,000,000 unique hits from players every month (unique being unique individuals, not sessions).

As for us being the 2%, I've generally referred to it as the folks who play on expert, buy more than a few songs, follow the releases almost weekly, etc.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Bront20;4898513 said:
    They've repeatedly said they get 1,000,000 unique hits from players every month (unique being unique individuals, not sessions).

Is this legit? I've never heard this before.

If true....holy ****. That's pretty freaking impressive for a five year old title.
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Even the 335k seems high to me. Reasoning? Wii players buy 5% of DLC. These are the players that at least are online able. This equals 17k players. If only 1% of these guys/gals are playing online on Saturday nights at 10pm EST, this would be 170 to match up with. Playing online at that timeframe everyweek, it will take sometimes 15 minutes to find just 1 player to jam with. Finding 3 others to form a band is very rare. Maybe the X/3 experience is different than these results, but if Wii RB3 sold 400k and finding an online player in a primetime slot is difficult, 335k just seems too high.
    edited October 2012
    samjjones;4898846 said:
    Is this legit? I've never heard this before.

If true....holy ****. That's pretty freaking impressive for a five year old title.
    I can't say it's true, but I have heard them say it a few times, though not in the last 2 months at least.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Bront20;4899125 said:
    I can't say it's true, but I have heard them say it a few times, though not in the last 2 months at least.

More like over a year ago. Which makes it more and more irrelevant every day in today's declining market.
    edited October 2012
    peterock2007;4899132 said:
    More like over a year ago. Which makes it more and more irrelevant every day in today's declining market.

No, I heard it again this year, just more than 2 months ago. I think it was durring some Blitz discussion.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I'm a Rock Band 1%er. That makes me a score creator. On Rock Band Blitz, there's all this score warfare going on, and now, I feel persecuted. Won't somebody think of the score creators!? Add my name to the Rock Band presidential election, and I'll protect all of the score creators! I'll also promise to grow the fanbase by elevating the medium-class. The other 47% of the community, I don't care about. They have no interest in creating scores anyway. They should take some personal responsibility, and quit joining bands online with us score creators!

GrimRipper82 2012!!!