Which Rock Band spinoff is the best?

horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
My personal favorite spinoff would have to be Rock Band Unplugged. I just have too many good memories of playing that game at my loneliest times while on the go.

Comments

• MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    My vote also goes to Lego.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Beatles, and it's not even close. You could chop the Beatles game into three separate games each with one third of the setlist and the resulting three games would each still win my vote over anything else on this list.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited October 2012
    Seems like I'm that "one guy" who voted for GDRB :p
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    this is a hard choice between Blitz, LEGO or The Beatles

but my vote will got to Blitz
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Yep, going for Blitz as well considering it is the one I find myself keep playing and coming back to even after importing the tracks to RB3. Beatles and Lego comes close behind (surprise, surprise)
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    The Beatles by far. The whole game is a love letter to the band. It really immerses you in their whole career.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I don't know if the last one is a real thing or not but I voted for it.

I would have to say Blitz though.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    No question - The Beatles Rock Band
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    Lego by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
    Has the best setlist of any Rock Band game outside of 3, has one of the most amazing art styles in any game ever, and has setpieces that made me drop the controller down and say wow, which no other game this console generation has ever done.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Green Day. Not because it's the best setlist or anything, but because damn, full motion capture. It's really nice.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4897394 said:
    Lego by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
    Has the best setlist of any Rock Band game outside of 3, has one of the most amazing art styles in any game ever, and has setpieces that made me drop the controller down and say wow, which no other game this console generation has ever done.

Let's face it. If it had paramore on the setlist, it would have been the perfect game for you, wouldn't it?
  • *Josie**Josie* Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I chose Blitz for the RB tunes... not the arcade game.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    I am kinda shocked Lego has so many votes.
    thatmarkguy;4897229 said:
    Beatles, and it's not even close. You could chop the Beatles game into three separate games each with one third of the setlist and the resulting three games would each still win my vote over anything else on this list.

Yeah, that's about how I feel. I'd introduce The Beatles: Rock Band into any videogames-as-art conversation.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4897414 said:
    Green Day. Not because it's the best setlist or anything, but because damn, full motion capture. It's really nice.

They even capture the facial expressions so well.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited October 2012
    I'd have to say Beatles or Blitz because you can't export Beatles and Blitz is a different type of game.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    I was going to vote Beatles, because at a time, they were my favorite band, and I got a lot of play out of that game.

But in the end I had to vote Blitz, because it's completely different from anything we've seen, anyone can play without having to search high and low for instrument peripherals, it gives your entire RB library a second life, and it's crazy addictive.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    Munnchy;4897445 said:
    Let's face it. If it had paramore on the setlist, it would have been the perfect game for you, wouldn't it?
    It had a deep lacking of Paramore, yes.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Lego for me.
    I consider the setlist the best of any music game - every RB game setlist has at least 2 or 3 songs I 1 lighter and hide (even the Beatles have 1 even if it exported) . Lego does not have any.

The career mode in it is the best of all the games. The Challenges with songs were really cool. It was my number one.

Beatles would have won expect it didn't export.
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    The Beatles by far, I don't think the Lego setlist is that good
  • edited October 2012
    rsm790;4897588 said:
    The Beatles by far, I don't think the Lego setlist is that good

It wasn't that good but playing as Legos is more entertaining. I loved the lego versions of the RB premades, especially Lego Duke.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4897592 said:
    It wasn't that good but playing as Legos is more entertaining. I loved the lego versions of the RB premades, especially Lego Duke.
    Let's not forget lego queen and iggy pop
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    nascargo19;4897354 said:
    I don't know if the last one is a real thing or not but I voted for it.

I would have to say Blitz though.

It's real. I forget what it was called, but it was pretty crappy. There were the five different instrument icons as gems and you had to swap 2 gems to match 3, and rows would be added from the bottom as samples of RBN songs were played in the background. It was mentioned on PlasticAxe once and I never heard anything about it from either RockBandAide or Rock Band themselves. It's kind of peculiar.

Oh, also you could only swap horizontally, not vertically
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    horsepastriesa;4897612 said:
    It's real. I forget what it was called, but it was pretty crappy. There were the five different instrument icons as gems and you had to swap 2 gems to match 3, and rows would be added from the bottom as samples of RBN songs were played in the background. It was mentioned on PlasticAxe once and I never heard anything about it from either RockBandAide or Rock Band themselves. It's kind of peculiar.

Oh, also you could only swap horizontally, not vertically

Sounds a bit like that tetris-esque minigame on Rocksmith.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    grumblevolcano;4897616 said:
    Sounds a bit like that tetris-esque minigame on Rocksmith.

Eh, sort of. There aren't any falling blocks, and you match in rows and columns intead of clusters. Let me try to find it...

...So yeah, it's been taken down. It was called Rock Band Icons. The game is gone, but there's still this video
  • JunoHolyJunoHoly Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I loved Lego gameplay! I loved the Rock Power Challenges! Lego minifigs are very cute imo! The setlist (FOR ME) was pretty good! The only problems were the lack of online gameplay and the Family Friendly songs being the only ones avaiable to play! I'm still hoping we get a Lego Rock Band 2 or something alike in the future! :D
  • ZoiloCruzZoiloCruz Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    LRB for the wii ain't a blast as much as I thought, but with Green Day I could spend the whole day playing and it still fun to this day.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    TBRB wins, hands down.

Blitz almost wins, but it can't to TBRB.

Lego was fun (on a non-wii), but the limit on songs was annoying.

Green Day was pretty well done, but it exported, and was quickly made obsolete by RB3.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Green Day for the songs(though The Beatles are a very close second), The Beatles for the visuals, Lego for the customization, and Blitz for bringing in new gameplay(on the consoles; Lego is a close second for this).

Being that I don't switch discs often, I went with Green Day(since it exported) with my second choice being Blitz.

Now if we are talking just the game in isolation, it'd be Blitz then Lego since The Beatles and Green Day didn't do much different.
  • MuscleManMuscleMan Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I have to go with my most favorite band ever The Beatles.