List of songs with simultaneous solos

SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Figure this might be useful. Songs where you know you'll either want Bandmate, or just kiss 20,000 points (or more) goodbye. Give the song, the instruments, and when in the song it occurs.

The one I just found (prompting me to post this thread) was "Death or Glory" by The Clash. Simultaneous drum and guitar solos after the second chorus. If you have about half to 3/4 of a bar of OD saved up, Bandmate will FC the drum solo (it's relatively short).

What others are there?

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Child in Time. Guitar, then keys before it's finished.

Remember?

EDIT: Dammit Jibby, that one had extra oomph, coming from me...

EDIT #2: If memory serves, this occurs about two-thirds of the way through the song at the earliest, and the keys solo begins when the guitar solo is around 75% complete. Even without the bandmate, you can get level cap +3 by switching to keys and staying there until the checkpoint, unless you miss a LOT of notes.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    That's helpful, thanks. But I also want to offer a little strategy (when you want to have your Bandmate saved up).
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I'm actually a little skeptical that you'd even want Bandmate in this scenario for most cases. Especially for longer songs like Child in Time, the potential points you'd lose from not having Jackpot when the multipliers are higher far outweigh the 20,000 bonus points you miss by not having Bandmate. My understanding is that Child in Time is virtually impossible to Gold Star without using Jackpot and Flame Notes.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2012
    I'd be dumb struck shocked if anybody managed to pull off a gold star for Child in Time using Bandmate. I've tried this, and it's impossible to get 100% on both solos anyway because the overdrive burns out before the guitar solo ends if you deploy it on guitar and switch to keys

20,000 points on a solo isn't going to make or break your GS run, or whatever score you're aiming for. The use of Bandmate to maximize that very specific spot does not make up for the points you're inherently losing while using Bandmate over Jackpot or Road Rage in all other areas of the song
    edited October 2012
    HeyRiles;4900048 said:
    I'd be dumb struck shocked if anybody managed to pull off a gold star for Child in Time using Bandmate. I've tried this, and it's impossible to get 100% on both solos anyway because the overdrive burns out before the guitar solo ends if you deploy it on guitar and switch to keys

20,000 points on a solo isn't going to make or break your GS run, or whatever score you're aiming for. The use of Bandmate to maximize that very specific spot does not make up for the points you're inherently losing while using Bandmate over Jackpot or Road Rage in all other areas of the song
    Yeah, it's one of those things that I think RB3 has conditioned us to think is a bigger deal than it is. In this game, especially on songs that easily top a million in total score, 20,000 points is pretty much chump change. You can get single Jackpot activations worth easily five times that later in songs.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    What about By Your Command by Devin Townsend. I know that has at least 2 spots where there is a guitar/bass/drum solo all at the same time. I know I'm a lot closer to gold on CiT then I am with BYC. Could bandmate be a good power-up for that song?
    edited October 2012
    nascargo19;4900108 said:
    What about By Your Command by Devin Townsend. I know that has at least 2 spots where there is a guitar/bass/drum solo all at the same time. I know I'm a lot closer to gold on CiT then I am with BYC. Could bandmate be a good power-up for that song?
    How long is the song? How long are the solos?

I mean, if the solos are particularly frequent or long, then Bandmate might be useful, but on balance, I still don't see it. You're still only getting 20,000 points for completely nailing a solo. If there are multiple solos at the same time (isn't that a ridiculous contradiction, anyway?), you're still only going to be able to use Bandmate on one of them, and unless you can keep it running for the entire duration, you'll still lose 10,000 of those points. It's just hard to imagine many scenarios where Jackpot isn't going to be more lucrative.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Epsilon82;4900157 said:
    How long is the song? How long are the solos?

I mean, if the solos are particularly frequent or long, then Bandmate might be useful, but on balance, I still don't see it. You're still only getting 20,000 points for completely nailing a solo. If there are multiple solos at the same time (isn't that a ridiculous contradiction, anyway?), you're still only going to be able to use Bandmate on one of them, and unless you can keep it running for the entire duration, you'll still lose 10,000 of those points. It's just hard to imagine many scenarios where Jackpot isn't going to be more lucrative.

One of them is shortly after this point, the other I couldn't find, but that one is litterally at the same time;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aT9Jn6a6is&feature=player_detailpage#t=371s

I guess for that one, you could go from guitar to bass to drums and hit all of them yourself. It would be pretty hard though. The other one would be harder.

EDIT: this is the 2x bass version. Shouldn't be that much difference in Blitz.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2012
    "Black Magic Woman" by Santana has a keyboard and drum solo at the same time towards the beginning.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I may be crazy ;) but "You May Be Right" has a point where the end of the guitar solo overlaps with the beginning of the saxophone (mapped to keys) solo.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2012
    The last note of the guitar solo in Spoonman overlaps with the drum solo. The guitar solo is pretty much impossible to 100%, so you probably weren't going to get the full points anyway.

Me and Bobby McGee has a guitar solo in the middle of the keyboard solo.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2012
    If we're also counting solos that more or less overlap with each other, then you can also count Godzilla
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    As someone mentioned earlier, By Your Command, and it have about 3 simultaneous Guitar, Bass and Drum solos scattered around, 2 of them under a second long to add salt to the injury. I tried using bottle rockets on them but the checkpoint barrier seems to block the explosion from going past it. Bandmate would at least be useful here to double the score even if it won't triple it.

Thief In The Night - Part 1 by Chaotrope is complete and utterly evil in this department, having the guitar and keyboard play the same solo at the same time in the middle of the song that lasts for 2 checkpoints. If you want the checkpoint multiplier full, you have to lose your combo at some point.

Riptide Resort by Freen in Green have a pretty long Keys solo in the middle, which after a while adds a guitar solo at the same time. It got several spaces and sustains though, so you might be able to get a high score on both of them (if not maxed out) with some skill, luck and a good OD setup.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    On The Backs Of Angels has a slight overlap. In the RB3 chart, the fourthlast note of the keys solo is at the same instant as the first note of the guitar solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk9mvfSpnUk&t=6m30s

I'm not sure just how many notes overlap in the Blitz chart (I'm pretty sure the keys notes come too fast to get mapped 1-to-1 in Blitz, but at least one falls after the guitar solo begins), but I am pretty sure it's a naturally-impossible dual 100% solo point.