any holiday music in the works?

White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Just curious if anyone knows about any holiday music in the works for RBN?

I always wondered why "Monster Mash" was never gone after....

Comments

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    We have "The Monster Stroll" which probably the closest Halloween t hemed song you'll get (has dracula singing lol.. it's goofy)

I also remember some Christmas songs coming.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2012
    The last holiday song we got was "Happy Xmas War is Over" by John Lennon. Other than that, we haven't gotten holiday songs for several years. HMX has said that they aren't very popular.

Other than that, we have "Ghostbusters" from Lego:RB. It's pretty stellar.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    BohemianMatt;4899936 said:
    The last holiday song we got was "Happy Xmas War is Over" by John Lennon. Other than that, we haven't gotten holiday songs for several years. HMX has said that they aren't very popular.

Other than that, we have "Ghostbusters" from Lego:RB. It's pretty stellar.
    You know we're in the RBN section discussing RBN songs, right?
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Black Metal counts as Halloween music right? Because the RBN got a good bunch of that if nothing else =P

And I am pretty sure it was made a thread about holiday music a while ago and that at least 2 songs where planed for the winter holidays
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2012
    Here's the previous thread: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231570

I would love another song along the lines of A Christmas Rock Medley, but at this point I would be happy with Magnefora or Thomas Walker throwing up a piano medley of some old-time Christmas music. It'd also be interesting to see something done with the 12 Days of Christmas.

For Halloween music, it would be awesome to eventually get Paul and Storm's "Lame Monster Party"
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    I'm hoping Monster Stroll makes it over to the PS3 this year. I understand why it didn't last year as it would have been November at the earliest.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2012
    From the other thread:
    Holiday RBN songs confirmed so far:
    Nathaniel Whitlock (Remixed by AskariNari)
    Snow Zombies [NSFR Remix] (Author: AskariNari)

Distant Autumn
    The Christmas Song (Author: FairwoodStudios)
    'The Christmas Song' is pretty nice. I might get that one
    I think I'd like Snow Zombies as an instrumental... the vocals are just a bit too grainy and strange. I wonder if any of the other indie video game soundtracks that we've been getting on RBN have ice/snow level themes that could be released. Those are always nice to listen to around the holidays. Or if any of the chiptune artists have songs done in a snow level style.

Also I think the Nutcracker ballet is in the public domain. Some cool possibilities there
  • edited October 2012
    White_PawZ;4899895 said:
    I always wondered why "Monster Mash" was never gone after....

Given that it was originally recorded in 1962, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the masters for a 50 year old novelty song weren't archived with the greatest of care. Just a guess.

Also, an odd bit of personal Monster Mash trivia, I used to live right down the street from where Bobby Pickett, the writer and singer, was born.
  • Blind_3Blind_3 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900034 said:
    Given that it was originally recorded in 1962, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the masters for a 50 year old novelty song weren't archived with the greatest of care. Just a guess.

Also, an odd bit of personal Monster Mash trivia, I used to live right down the street from where Bobby Pickett, the writer and singer, was born.

Perhaps there may or may not be an amazing cover of the Monster Mash? If not, someone should make one! This song would help make my Rock Band Halloween parties legendary! Either that or any Rock Horror Picture Show song.
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Here at FreenInGreen, we're planning a Wintery song, but I'm not sure if we wanted to spoil it. :P
    edited October 2012
    grace_pressure;4900064 said:
    Here at FreenInGreen, we're planning a Wintery song, but I'm not sure if we wanted to spoil it. :P
    Jus tget it out soon enough so PS3 folks can request it.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    LuigiHann;4900020 said:
    I think I'd like Snow Zombies as an instrumental... the vocals are just a bit too grainy and strange.

Curse not being able to have a high quality mic at the time. :P
    edited October 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4900107 said:
    Curse not being able to have a high quality mic at the time. :P

I prefer a instrumental too on this song. :-)
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4900180 said:
    I prefer a instrumental too on this song. :-)

Well I'm glad Rock Band has the option the turn the vocals down or else the song wouldn't sell at all. :P
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900034 said:

That makes sense.... you speak as if you might know something of that situation! :)

And wow, I didn't realize it was that old!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    White_PawZ;4900299 said:
    you speak as if you might know something of that situation! :)
    Considering they've witnessed massive hits from later decades be unavailable, don't try and say that they've gone after one specifically.
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4900306 said:
    Considering they've witnessed massive hits from later decades be unavailable, don't try and say that they've gone after one specifically.

LOL

Why so serious? I didn't really mean anything by it.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I'm still waiting for that hot salsa number about Arbor Day
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    maybe some of you could get in contact with the Trans Siberian Orchestra and make some songs into DLC for the RBN since harmonix doesn't seems to want to go after Christmas songs. Hopefully we get a few classics (Little drummer boy, O Christmas tree, we three kings, etc... there are millions of course most of these would be good just as an instrumental)as well as some new ones (anything from Trans Siberian Orchestra, or the other random pop type x-mas songs) from you guys in the RBN
  • KyleJCrbKyleJCrb Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    TSO would be great. It would also be a dream come true to see some Gary Hoey in this game.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    eh, if TSO was an option then i think TAG would've already gotten it. i believe Noble was a pretty big fan

would still love to have it though :3
    edited October 2012
    New Christmas Song (instrumental) went up on creators today!
    It's "ROCK THE HALLS (sounds just like deck the halls)" by the man himself.. RICHARD CAMPBELL!
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4910344 said:
    It's "ROCK THE HALLS (sounds just like deck the halls)" by the man himself.. RICHARD CAMPBELL!

Author? I might put it in the OP of the Christmas Songs thread.
  • edited October 2012
    Awesome! The Richard Campbell stuff is fantastic!

It's Rhythm Authors. And no keys :( I wasn't expecting them but Frankenstein Teaser Trailer is great on keys so I was hoping for something similar.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4910395 said:
    Frankenstein Teaser Trailer is great on keys

understatement x1000!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4910344 said:

How?!? I'm still getting the "Tuning Up" message when I go there.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4910444 said:
    How?!? I'm still getting the "Tuning Up" message when I go there.

Try clearing your cache.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2012
    HMXLachesis;4910454 said:
    Try clearing your cache.

Thanks, that worked.
    edited October 2012
    HMXLachesis;4910454 said:
    Try clearing your cache.
    If that doesn't work, you can send me your cash.

(not sure how that would help either, but I'd appreciate it)
    edited October 2012
    Glad to hear a new holiday song is in the works! We love the rock medley!

And any TSO would be AMAZING!