Does anybody still play Rock Band 1?

AJloeshxAJloeshx Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Hey guys I just got Rock Band 1 for the PS3 and I can't seem to find anybody when I search for an online party. Is this a problem or does nobody play it anymore?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I used to, just to play enter sandman or paranoid... no BNS means no game for me.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Too many songs in my library but i sometimes play enter sandman.
  • Iceman71421Iceman71421 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Who "just gets" rock band 1?

"I just got Call of Duty 2 and cant find anyone online. Whats the problem?"
  • edited October 2012
    It definitely depends on when you're trying to play. It's 10am on a Thursday, which is about as low traffic a time as you can get, and there are still 64 people playing RB1 right now according to our server records.

Tuesday evenings for new DLC releases, Friday evenings and weekends are always the highest traffic times for all our titles, and it's not uncommon to have several hundred people a night playing on RB1. RB2 and RB3 are significantly more active though, so if you're looking primarily for online play you may want to look into either of those titles and then export the RB1 disc so you can have all your songs in one place. Hope that helps!
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2012
    Go by Australian time zones. They're who you're playing with really.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900791 said:
    It definitely depends on when you're trying to play. It's 10am on a Thursday, which is about as low traffic a time as you can get, and there are still 64 people playing RB1 right now according to our server records.

Tuesday evenings for new DLC releases, Friday evenings and weekends are always the highest traffic times for all our titles, and it's not uncommon to have several hundred people a night playing on RB1. RB2 and RB3 are significantly more active though, so if you're looking primarily for online play you may want to look into either of those titles and then export the RB1 disc so you can have all your songs in one place. Hope that helps!
    They watch us when we play! It's 1984! But in 2012!
  • Moist_NipplesMoist_Nipples Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    lawdog1521;4900846 said:
    they watch us when we play! It's 1984! But in 2012!

rb2 + rb2 = rb5?
    edited October 2012
    We're all gonna die in 2 months, who cares?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4900854 said:
    We're all gonna die in 2 months, who cares?

When did Scott87 release a timeframe?
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Lawdog1521;4900846 said:

they also know what you ate for breakfast, and when your last bowel movement occurred.
  • edited October 2012
    tnevaker;4900951 said:
    they also know what you ate for breakfast, and when your last bowel movement occurred.

And we've been meaning to tell you too see a doctor. Seriously, it's like something out of a Lovecraft story.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2012
    The invasion of privacy, or the bowel movements?
    edited October 2012
    BachiG;4900861 said:
    When did Scott87 release a timeframe?

Greedy man won't share the deets.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900986 said:
    And we've been meaning to tell you too see a doctor. Seriously, it's like something out of a Lovecraft story.

holy **** (no pun intended). i'm reading Lovecraft right now (the case of charles dexter ward). no joke. they really are spying on us!
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Nope, because I use Band Hero drums and they don't work on RB1, and even though I play on Wii and the RB1 songs don't export, I prefer RB3.
    edited October 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4901108 said:
    Nope, because I use Band Hero drums and they don't work on RB1, and even though I play on Wii and the RB1 songs don't export, I prefer RB3.

That's your problem.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900791 said:

I'm kinda surprised the servers for RB1 are still supported (there would be a riot if the RB2 servers were discontinued).
    edited October 2012
    Iceman71421;4900779 said:
    Who "just gets" rock band 1?
    AJloeshx;4900756 said:
    Hey guys I just got Rock Band 1 for the PS3 and I can't seem to find anybody when I search for an online party. Is this a problem or does nobody play it anymore?
    Thanks in advance.

Someone who used to have an Xbox, is my guess.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4901311 said:
    Someone who used to have an Xbox, is my guess.

But why would he be playing it online?
    edited October 2012
    Why not? Online's free on PS3. Maybe he doesn't have any friends to play with live (as if any of us do).

Maybe all he has is a mic and no instruments anyway (quite possible if he *just* got it).
    edited October 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4901298 said:
    No crap.

Just clarifying the problem. As we were.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I don't quite get the surprise that no one plays Rock Band 1. It's several years old, there are two sequels (RB2, RB3) and four side games (LEGO, Beatles, Green Day, Blitz) that have been released... oh, and you can export almost all of the RB1 songs into most of the above, so no one has a pressing reason to play RB1 unless you're absolutely dying to play Enter Sandman and don't happen to own Guitar Hero: Metallica.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900791 said:

Good info
    Lawdog1521;4900846 said:
    You know too much, to the Ministry of Love with you!
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900791 said:

The reason that there are stil 64 people playing a game this old at 10am on a thursday is because rock band is awesome no matter which series you are playing. Or maybe those 64 people just finished watching this
  • Stol-FA-LinStol-FA-Lin Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Just like I do with Beatles, Lego, RB2, sure. I pop RB into the console when I feel like playing one or a couple of the songs on the disc. Or when I forget that I can't pass those last 3 (4?) songs on solo expert guitar and try them again and get to 85% or whatever. I just never saw any reason to pay again for RB (by now the "export fee" probably costs more than a used copy of the full game anyway) and no reason take up export space on the drive if it's just a couple songs every now and then. The DLC and track packs already take up some 4 or 8 or more GB altogether, plus the space of the RB3 disc install that's on there, so why. Not all of us need or want or care to have access to older game songs in the newer game. Plus achievements and trophies only count if done in RB itself. For those who are concerned with such trifles, RB would be the only option.

Not that I play RB (or the rest) much any more since I got around to finally after all these years (for RB, since I got it in 2008) finishing the ESL medvoxtar in June. Yes, June 16 2012. Or after doing the RB2 ESL2 in July this year, it made me think of the Vox eXpert 100% in RB. So I played RB and got it. (Thank you Devo, thank you track pack; had it a year, forgot I could actually sing that song and do so in RB.) I've also not gotten back to RB much since I started going through pro guitar easy and then once all the RB3 songs were done, to pro bass guitar medium, on the Fender guitar and controller. (Bass being really awkward and sub-optimal on a non-bass, but whatever, it's all there is.) Although that too will change to back to medium/hard/expert Pro on the e-drums in RB3 instead, after moving to a real bass guitar once I get RS. I'd rather do it in RB3, but there are no actual pro bass guitars, so drums only for RB3. :(

The point being, yes, it's not just those who picked up the game, some of us long-time players do sometimes play RB and do so for many different reasons, some of which I've covered here. But there are reasons, even if nobody else (*sniff*) understands them.

Hmmmm. Maybe I"ll play some RB today just for kicks. Sounds like I gotta keep up my elite one of sixty-four people status anyway. :D
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited October 2012
    hmxhenry;4900791 said:
    I...either of those titles and then export the RB1 disc so you can have all your songs in one place. Hope that helps!

Except for "Enter Sandman" - Metallica (RB1), "Battery" - Metallica (RB2), "Any Way You Want It" - Journey (RB2), "Paranoid" - As Made Famous By Black Sabbath (RB1), "Run To The Hills" - As Made Famous By Iron Maiden (RB1) (Unless you bought the DLC), "Give It Away" - Red Hot Chili Peppers (RB2) (Unless you bought the DLC), "Let There Be Rock" - AC/DC (RB2) (Unless you have the live version from the track pack), "Spoonman" - Soundgarden (RB2) (Unless you bought the DLC).

Sorry. OCD set in. :p :D
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    HairyMan;4908013 said:
    "Run To The Hills" - As Made Famous By Iron Maiden (RB1) (Unless you bought the DLC), "Give It Away" - Red Hot Chili Peppers (RB2) (Unless you bought the DLC),, "Spoonman" - Soundgarden (RB2) (Unless you bought the DLC).

Just to clarify to people that are unaware of this: Run to the Hill's DLC is not the cover, it is the original song. Give It Away and Spoonman are only offered as part of the RB Blitz soundtrack, not in the store.
  • RuseBalaxinRuseBalaxin Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Having enjoyed the overall visual style of the original Rock Band I went out of my way to replace my copy of that game on three separate occasions. Once I was fed up with my game either getting broken or lost from lending it out I transferred all its tracks for play onto Rock Band 3 and have never been happier. :)