4000 songs approaching!

matshimatshi Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Well, six years ago, the first rock band was coming out!

And now, in 2012, we are able to play almost 4000 songs!

How exciting!

Maybe RB4 will be released someday and we will have the pleasure to rock even more!

What do you think?
Feel free to comment your best rock memories! :cool:

Comments

• ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2012
    RealMessiah;4901112 said:
    I haven't downloaded any yet this week but I believe I was at 3,996 or 3,997 after last week, so we may already be there. Of course that includes all the repeat 2x Bass Pedal songs on RBN...There are at least 100-200 I think. 4,000 unique songs is probably still a couple months out.

What about duplicates? You have those too right?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 2012
    RealMessiah;4901112 said:
    I haven't downloaded any yet this week but I believe I was at 3,996 or 3,997 after last week, so we may already be there. Of course that includes all the repeat 2x Bass Pedal songs on RBN...There are at least 100-200 I think. 4,000 unique songs is probably still a couple months out.

I'd give it till the end of the year. But still 4000 songs just beat my ipod...
    edited October 2012
    Witticus;4901247 said:
    I'd give it till the end of the year. But still 4000 songs just beat my ipod...

160GB iPod classic or go home.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    More power to you guys that are still hanging in there. I was right there with you a year ago, but the 3000 song limit ended my DLC purchasing habit. I won't do the memory stick juggling act. I stop in here every so often to see if they've addressed the issue, but I'm pretty sure the people with that problem represent too small a portion of the fanbase to warrant a patch.
    edited October 2012
    Akuryu;4901258 said:
    More power to you guys that are still hanging in there. I was right there with you a year ago, but the 3000 song limit ended my DLC purchasing habit. I won't do the memory stick juggling act. I stop in here every so often to see if they've addressed the issue, but I'm pretty sure the people with that problem represent too small a portion of the fanbase to warrant a patch.
    I buy them still, I just send the 2x bass pedals to the stick immediately, as well as about 98% of the unknown stuff. I'll sort them out when the issue is solved but sadly it's not gonna happen.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Akuryu;4901258 said:

It can be a little annoying switching out the HDD (HMX songs on one, RBN songs on the other) but I generally just decide to play one or the other for a while so I guess it isn't that annoying. I would have quit buying it all if I didn't have the 2nd HDD or if it wasn't as easy as storing my profile on a stick and then switching out the Drives.
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Well obviously not counting RBN. Seeing as how the service is practically non-existant on Wii, I only have about 120 of that 4000-song pie on me.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2012
    Well according to the song page we have 3981. Now that includes songs from discs and DLC that we've since 'lost' like Enter Sandman, etc, BUT it doesn't include songs that were once available but have since been removed (Guitar Sounds, KMFDM, etc), so it probably evens out.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4901894 said:
    Well according to the song page we have 3981. Now that includes songs from discs and DLC that we've since 'lost' like Enter Sandman, etc, BUT it doesn't include songs that were once available but have since been removed (Guitar Sounds, KMFDM, etc), so it probably evens out.

Are you sure? There are eight* "lost children" from the RB1 and 2 exports. Eight seems like a low estimate of pulled songs, considering there are four in official DLC alone. But you'd know the RBN better than I would.

*remember, even though we got Spoonman and Give it Away back, they have different song pages than their RB2 on-disc versions

http://www.rockband.com/songs/spoonman
    http://www.rockband.com/songs/spoonman2
    http://www.rockband.com/songs/giveitaway
    http://www.rockband.com/songs/giveitaway2
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4901894 said:
    BUT it doesn't include songs that were once available but have since been removed
    Those shouldn't count anyways.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2012
    I still have them in my library though ;) (the lost songs like Guitar Sounds, KMFDM, etc)
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited October 2012
    Does that count Country Tack Pack Vol. 2 songs? Not RB3 version.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Akuryu;4901258 said:
    Delete the stuff you don't want. I mean, I'm doing -1 official DLC, plus RBN repeat artists, plus the Indie Rock section of RBN, plus anything else I like on RBN(Third Eye Blind sticks out), and that's far from the limit.
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    If the trend continues and the Green Day DLC doesn't explode the counter, then 4000 songs should be reached on November 19th. Even if it doesn't end up that way, I have high hopes for November.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    How many songs are available on PS3 ?

15 extra RBN songs / week for xbox has to really by ahead by miles.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    Akuryu;4901258 said:
    It's a non-issue in Blitz though!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    StackOverflow0x;4902705 said:
    If the trend continues and the Green Day DLC doesn't explode the counter, then 4000 songs should be reached on November 19th. Even if it doesn't end up that way, I have high hopes for November.

Maybe HMX will celebrate the 5th anniversary similar to the 4th anniversary, Nickelback!
    edited October 2012
    defdog99;4902732 said:

Around 2700 I believe
    edited October 2012
    grumblevolcano;4902748 said:
    Maybe HMX will celebrate the 5th anniversary similar to the 4th anniversary, Nickelback!

I loved 500s Miranda Cosgrove better
    edited October 2012
    Sponge Bob is doing a new musical thing...
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4902315 said:
    Delete the stuff you don't want. I mean, I'm doing -1 official DLC
    I'd like to know which one...
    Bront20;4902742 said:
    It's a non-issue in Blitz though!
    Did they fix the 1000-ish song glitch?
    edited October 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4902824 said:
    I'd like to know which one...

Airplanes
    edited October 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4902824 said:

They worked around it. After you play 1000 songs, your stars no longer show up on your library screen. This has the effect of lessening the data stream that is sent back and forth from Rock Central, which was what was causing the freezes.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Bront20;4902822 said:
    Sponge Bob is doing a new musical thing...

Hey man, I'd totally go for "The Campfire Song Song", "The F.U.N. Song", and "Sweet Victory".
    edited October 2012
    defdog99;4902732 said:

It's not that big a disparity anymore, and it hasn't been that way consistently for a long time. This week five songs were released on each side. There have occasionally been weeks where PS3 got more RBN content than Xbox did (I recall a week where there were only two Xbox RBN releases).

As far as song count, as of right now:

1,884 official DLC
    681 RBN
    -----------------
    2,565 total songs
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    HMXHenry was teasing in the prediction thread about Carly Rae Jepsen DLC. Maybe the 5th anniversary will be 1 song:
    Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe" (X)

EDIT: Add another too

Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City - "Good Time" (X)
    edited October 2012
    Make it a 3-pack with "Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd. Stupid, stupid songs that you can never seem to get out of your head.
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4902959 said:
    Make it a 3-pack with "Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd. Stupid, stupid songs that you can never seem to get out of your head.

Mickey comes to mind
  • olddrummerolddrummer Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    "Maybe RB4 will be released someday and we will have the pleasure to rock even more!
    What do you think?"

No, I don't think there will ever be a rock band 4, but I do believe there will be a dance central 8.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2012
    matshi;4901096 said:
    Well, six years ago, the first rock band was coming out!

Sorry, must correct, it's only been five years.

I am pretty sure that the 4,000 song mark will be something that will please a lot of the hardcore fanbase, such as Aerosmith, Genesis or (if the planets align, pigs start to fly and someone cries into magic moonbeanms)... animated Titanic movie reference

Led Zeppelin. Or Pink Floyd.