Rock Central Server

LoAlexandriaLoAlexandria Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Lately i have massive problems to connect to the RCS. But I know buddies playing in bands, so it must be me, not the servers itself i guess. What can i do to prevent issues like that? any ideas/ suggestions?

greetz

Comments

• grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited October 2012
    Hi! :D No it isnt just you, its happening to us as well and I know its happening to others as there was a big old thread about it but it looks like Hmx thought it wasnt relevant anymore and deleted it. :/ Quitting the game and reloading usually works but sometimes it takes a bit more patience.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Same here and now the Web support section is gone with our thread about server problems...
    Wth is going on Harmonix?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    And it works perfectly fine on Xbox ( i have both consoles). So strange..
    edited October 2012
    Dangimarocker;4902590 said:
    And it works perfectly fine on Xbox ( i have both consoles). So strange..

It's a PS3//Wii/RB3 problem again...
    This is a old problem from 10-2011 stopped back in 7-2012 and returned after the release of RB Blitz..
    It's the same old server problems --RBC can't handle it as always.
    And now Harmonix deleted the section from the forums.

I say again..
    WTH is going on Henry/Harmonix... ?
    One of your Paying customers is asking questions again.
  • Cleaver1Cleaver1 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Same here, four re-starts to get connected to RCS Tuesday night, Wednesday night I connected right away, but got disconnected from other online friends 5 times, very very frustrating.
  • rko389rko389 Banned
    edited October 2012
    Do you guys like how they've removed the threads about this issue and the XMB boot? I sure do. I can't tell you all how proud and excited I am to be a customer of this fine company who really care about us all. Bring on RB4 I say, I know I'll be first in line to buy it and i'm sure this fantastic company will show us as much love ans respect as they showed with RB3. We can only hope
    edited October 2012
    Have to love RB3... have to love RB3...
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Setting the network manually reduced RCS connection problems on my side. You might wanna try that. Some people claims it doesn't help, but it does for me.
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4903641 said:
    Setting the network manually reduced RCS connection problems on my side. You might wanna try that. Some people claims it doesn't help, but it does for me.
    Tried it along time ago and now..say crap... LOL
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    rko389 finally got banned....I was wondering how long it was gonna take.
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4905141 said:
    rko389 finally got banned....I was wondering how long it was gonna take.

Hah, I'm lol'ing to that.
  • LoAlexandriaLoAlexandria Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I'm so sick of restarting the game 10times before i'm able to play online ....
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    That's odd. It only ever takes me one restart unless the servers are down altogether.
    edited October 2012
    Never happened to me that the servers were down. It only takes one restart to me too, for that rare occasions that I can't connect.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I was having a lot of trouble with the servers last night, restarted 5 times but it wouldn't connect. Popped rock band 2 in for a little while then went back to rock band 3 and it connected first time.
  • DiamaniacalDiamaniacal Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Well until I have a live ops person working with me evaluating traceroutes and proving to me that it is something other than overburdened servers that can not handle the load I'll assume it is exactly that. My internet works fine and whenever I have these issues a ping sweep of various servers located all across the US indicates that my traffic is flowing just fine.

I'm growing tired of this crap and really quick I might well be the next person to get a ban, because it is beginning to appear that to get them to acknowledge an issue, and a serious one at that, it seems that you have to do a lot of foot stomping. I don't care about the little blurb tucked away on the support portal about the XMB's but there should be an official sticky in the Rock band thread with 2 posts acknowledging and describing bothe the XMB and RCS issues. The thread can be locked that is fine, but anything short of doing that is just a shady way of doing business.

Harmonix we have a legitimate issue here. We have purchased your product, we purchase DLC and other platforms receive far superior service. RB3 is broke for the PS3 and Blitz has it's own issues and appears to be the direct cause of the newly resurfaced RCS issues in RB3. There is absolutely no denying that it started when Blitz was released, I and others experienced on our first sessions after and EVERY SESSION SINCE.
    It is unfortunate that Sony can not sanction you in some way. What does suck for sure is to be a customer of yours and have the issue that keeps me from enjoying the product I bought from you downplayed.

I think it is about time that we receive some sort of official status update as to why the quality of our servers is sub par to that of the 'chosen' platform and why that you as a company find that in any way acceptable.

I'm trying to be nice, but I am a bit miffed at the moment.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2012
    There's already an active topic in the support forum (where a topic like this should be), and Harmonix have said that they're aware of the issue, have put a lot of resources into trying to fix it, but have been unable to reproduce it consistently. What good would a sticky topic do, especially in a forum that's already a bit cluttered with stickies?
  • DiamaniacalDiamaniacal Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Really? So do you think that the thread for the few missing songs from the EU 360 is worth of having it's own sticky? Oh nm I'm sorry it is a thread about an issue with the chosen platform, where the issues that have happened with it have been handled 100 fold better. There is a thread here for bug reports it is stickied, a thread doing what I am suggesting would possibly prevent a post in there about this, and subsequently threads such as this one.
    Then there should be a sticky in this thread directing people to that one.
    The issue with the RCS has reappeared, it returned the day Blitz came out there was a 4-5 months reprieve from it. There has been no open communication from them and they have not put enough resources into the RCS since it has reappeared, there is no possible way that you can say justify saying that.
    Nothing is accomplished by giving up (like they did with the XMB issue) that will never get it fixed.
    And as for that "active topic in the support forum" that "support forum" is a here you go you guys are on your own. The response my ticket got was "We are aware of your issue as we monitor the thread" is bunk. These are 2 separate issues, that are being lumped together as one, because it is either a convenient way out, or because the RCS and XMB are related to server issues that they are not going to address because it is after all "just PS3 users".

Blitz is out, the new baby has arrived, and once again the PS3 side has multiple issues, it got a band aid fix that you know good and well is going to be the permanent fix here but it under no circumstances would even be close to acceptable for the XBOX. The only difference with Blitz is it can connect to RCS much more reliably after the frequent mid song (score erasing) disconnects, and disconnects that eat your coins between screens.