Do people still play rock band?

XblTheKovenantXblTheKovenant Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
Do people still play this game in general... I'm thinking of getting rock band 3 because I have been drawn into it thanks to blitz. The reason why I ask is because I use to play most of the gh games and rb1&2 but eventually quit with it all. It also seems like a lot of my friends on xbl have also stopped playing and it got me thinking... Do people still play these type of games?

Comments

• XblTheKovenantXblTheKovenant Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4902365 said:
    Post in the "Band Wanted" section for your console. Not many people here play random band quickplay, so it would be difficult to speak to that (unless someone cares to). But yeah, just about everyone here is still a regular player. We wouldn't be here if we weren't (except for those 2 or 3 people who complain about the animations so vociferously it keeps them from playing the game at all).

But this must be the response you were expecting, no? Surely you know that by coming to where the most hardcore fans of the game (or at least that's what hmxhenry says we are =D ) dawdle away their time won't get you much of anyone to say "Nope, nobody plays anymore."

No, am not expecting that but just want somebody to confirm that there has been a steady decrease. I tried rb2 yesterday and failed find anyone in band quickplay
  • TealjbodyTealjbody Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Rock Band and Rock Band 2 you will be hard pressed to find anyone still playing those. Almost everyone has migrated to Rock Band 3.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Well yeah, the older games are obviously gonna be less popular, though I'm a bit surprised you'd have trouble finding people on RB2 (so many people that swear on their life that it's the better game).
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4902371 said:
    Well yeah, the older games are obviously gonna be less popular, though I'm a bit surprised you'd have trouble finding people on RB2 (so many people that swear on their life that it's the better game).

I remember for the first 6 months of RB3's release that is what A LOT of people said, I still find some people in RB2 but none in RB1.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    GameMaster439;4902699 said:
    I remember for the first 6 months of RB3's release that is what A LOT of people said, I still find some people in RB2 but none in RB1.

Well to be honest, Rock Band 3 was kinda trash for the first few months. No breakneck speed in practice mode, tons of glitches, the fretboard was an eyesore with how it completely blended into the background. I'm glad the patches fixed many of those issues.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Yeah dlc sales are still doing good, as well as the amount of people still playing.
    I just suggest either asking someone on here to play or going to Band Wanted (like Shesaid, said..)
    on these forums and asking for people to add you.

I would suggest thinking about getting some dlc songs too as many people cannot stand playing disc songs (like myself) more than once a week. :P
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2012
    My friend's and I have stopped playing RB3 due to lack of interest in that particular installment. We still get our RB fix with RB2 or Lego RB. We're only playing local for RB2 though, and Lego, well no online option to begin with.

Can't play RB1 even if I wanted to. It can't handle the DLC I've downloaded. Makes it stall and unplayable.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Dam*n impossible songs like Antibodies and Phish have stopped all goal progress.

So mt regular playtime has all but ceased.

I spose I could try some of the DLC ps3 goals but what can I do after that ?

Post an ad on craigslist for someone to get 1 Million points on a song ?
    edited October 2012
    defdog99;4902719 said:
    Dam*n impossible songs like Antibodies and Phish have stopped all goal progress.

Have them pay you too. :P
    edited October 2012
    defdog99;4902719 said:

RB3 is a platform that seemed a logical choice to be expanded upon for long term playing/ 'career' interest (new goals able to be added). Wonder why they didn't. Would have really extended the life of the game.
  • LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
    edited October 2012
    Every Friday night for over 2 yrs now (I missed 1 wk for a funeral). I usually put in 7-10 hrs a week still. The drums are my exercise.
  • sinobeetlesinobeetle Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I still play, and have holiday parties that have a RB3 corner that is never totally vacant. I wish there would be a downloadable version so I can make use of my PS3 with the broken optical drive.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited October 2012
    This thread makes me really happy to see - I originally suggested a controller-only RB as a gateway to the main platform.
    zage1337;4902708 said:
    Well to be honest, Rock Band 3 was kinda trash for the first few months. No breakneck speed in practice mode, tons of glitches, the fretboard was an eyesore with how it completely blended into the background. I'm glad the patches fixed many of those issues.
    PS3 and the XMB crashes that will probably never get fixed...

Makes sense that Blitz was not on Wii, then. Wii will never be fixed.
    folkeye;4902778 said:
    RB3 is a platform that seemed a logical choice to be expanded upon for long term playing/ 'career' interest (new goals able to be added). Wonder why they didn't. Would have really extended the life of the game.
    They want you to master all the instruments. They just want to create their army of Dave Grohl type multi-instrumentalists, one I was drafted into. See the "HMX is dangerous" thread over in General (I miss when it was called General).
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    My wife and I bought a HOUSE, partly for storage of our RB instruments. No joke. When you've got an ION with double pedals, a kick trigger, 3 cymbals, a hi-hat and a HH+Kickbox, plus 4+ working or partially working plastic axes, both the Mustang and Squier Pro guitars, 2 mic stands, 4 mics, and the keyboard, we needed more space. And as can be imagined, yeah, we still play. On average over the last few years of at least once a week.

None of us play online much at all, but every once in a great while I'll jump on for a few songs. As has been noted in many other threads, I don't have any online friends so I'm stuck with randoms, and that can be a nightmare. Hence the not playing online very often. Usually, I'm just practicing by myself if it's not a group play session.
    edited October 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4902816 said:
    They want you to master all the instruments. They just want to create their army of Dave Grohl type multi-instrumentalists, one I was drafted into. See the "HMX is dangerous" thread over in General (I miss when it was called General).

I don't understand why that's a BAD thing, other than your well-documented aversion to its locking goals if you don't do it. I'd love to be able to master guitar, keys, vocals, and drums IRL like he has.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited October 2012
    NOT_Travis;4902848 said:
    I don't understand why that's a BAD thing, other than your well-documented aversion to its locking goals if you don't do it. I'd love to be able to master guitar, keys, vocals, and drums IRL like he has.
    It's Harmonix's super soldier program, they're obviously going to send them to do the dirtiest work. I don't want to be the one who has to stop the second coming of Guitar Hero only to get my arm torn off by Lars Umlaut.

Maybe I should cross-post this there.

Funny you should remind me: Not having a place of my own is a major hindrance to my drumming.
    edited October 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4902856 said:
    It's Harmonix's super soldier program, they're obviously going to send them to do the dirtiest work. I don't want to be the one who has to stop the second coming of Guitar Hero only to get my arm torn off by Lars Umlaut.

Maybe I should cross-post this there.

Funny you should remind me: Not having a place of my own is a major hindrance to my drumming.

That's pretty funny. I understand, if you care a lot about the characters on-screen (personally, I make a goofy-looking one and call it good), why you're frustrated about the clothes, instruments, etc., being locked behind certain goals.

I have to have the wife's approval--or she has to not be there--but having a house big enough to store the drums, etc., behind the couch in the media room is awesome. Sorry to hear that your living situation doesn't allow for much drumming. That's my favorite instrument. Closely followed by vox.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4902856 said:

in order to play drums i have to drag my drum set all downstairs, hook everything up and then put everything away when i'm done. it's quite a lot of effort for a game, but it is worth it. i don't have dedicated play space, i will however get a small tv at some point and make my wii + rb a dedicated drum practice machine.
    edited October 2012

Outside of having obvious lack of interest in all instruments.... even if you DO master at playing them all. There's still no new goals or expansion opportunities.

But it's nicer to have goals towards your favorite way of playing, again, RB3 would have been good for that.
  • ZoiloCruzZoiloCruz Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    IDK I guess I've lost interest in RB3 since I've mostly play guitar :/ And my keyboard always runs out of batteries (Pro Keys actually give me a reason why to invest my time into to RB3) and since I don't have new dlc for a while it gets to be a pain in the ass :/
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I play pretty regularly, and the RBB goals being able to be played in RB3 helps as well. I don't play online that often mostly due to the issues I have w/ online play (mostly the lack of round robin song selection being replaced by song selection free-for-all).
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    folkeye;4903039 said:
    Outside of having obvious lack of interest in all instruments.... even if you DO master at playing them all. There's still no new goals or expansion opportunities.

But it's nicer to have goals towards your favorite way of playing, again, RB3 would have been good for that.
    Congratulations on mastering Rock Band 3. There is what, like 4 people that have done that. Definitely needs more goals though
    edited October 2012
    peterr94;4903402 said:
    Every Friday night for over 2 yrs now (I missed 1 wk for a funeral). I usually put in 7-10 hrs a week still. The drums are my exercise.
    Yeah I wished I could play drums :/ It would keep me even more addicted to the game xD
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I play mostly everyday! I bought the PS3 for this game and I'm very happy!
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    tati81;4903864 said:

I think he was talking about Rock Band 1. You play Rock Band 3 everyday.
    edited October 2012
    tati81;4903864 said:
    Yeah RB3 gets addicting when you barely get the game xD I know that feeling xD
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    ZoiloCruz;4903454 said:
    Yeah I wished I could play drums :/ It would keep me even more addicted to the game xD

Pro guitar/bass and Pro Keys does the addicting job pretty well I'd say.
  • KinRagamineKinRagamine Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    You guys are very lucky, I can't find anyone playing RB2....on the Wii. :S
    edited October 2012
    KinRagamine;4904010 said:
    You guys are very lucky, I can't find anyone playing RB2....on the Wii. :S

Probably because the Wii isn't the best choice for RB, and RB2 is prob full on dead on that console lol.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012

PS3 and the XMB crashes that will probably never get fixed...

I've played a ton of Rock Band on PS3 and not once have I experienced an XMB crash.