New Here, need some help

janedadeviljanedadevil Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Hello,

Well I'm new here and I need some help. I'm not sure of this is the right place but here goes.

I just bought a brand new rockband 2 set for wii and I'm having a hard time trying to connect the drums and guitar to the wii. On both the lights just flash for a while and then nothing. I tried connecting them with 1 controller on and off and no luck.

Mic works fine, tried one song.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I haven't had any success for the past hour. I'm a bit annoyed now, this thing is quite expensive here in Venezuela.

Also please excuse my grammar, English is my second language.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    1) Make sure you have dongles and they're plugged into the USB ports

2) Hit the button on the dongles that came with the game, then hit the Wii button on the instrument.

3) Make sure you have fresh batteries in both instruments.

4) Make sure you have no more than 1 or 2 Wiimotes if you have 2 instruments. If you have more, one of the dongles may not work (Wii RB2 doesn't like more than 4 controllers, and the dongles get pushed to the end of the list after every normal Wiimote).

If that doesn't help, I've got nothing.
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    First off, your grammar's better than a lot of native English speakers, so no apologies needed. IIRC (If I Remember Correctly in case you hadn't heard that one before), the Wii needs actual controllers connected into the instruments. Have you done that part? If so, have you checked the batteries, do they work outside the game? I have a Wii but play RB3 on the PS3, so I'll be of limited assistance outside of very basic troubleshooting.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    NOT_Travis;4902813 said:
    First off, your grammar's better than a lot of native English speakers, so no apologies needed. IIRC (If I Remember Correctly in case you hadn't heard that one before), the Wii needs actual controllers connected into the instruments. Have you done that part? If so, have you checked the batteries, do they work outside the game? I have a Wii but play RB3 on the PS3, so I'll be of limited assistance outside of very basic troubleshooting.
    Only the GH instruments need Wiimotes. The RB ones use dongles. I used to own RB1 and 2 for the Wii.
    edited October 2012
    Bront20;4902840 said:
    Only the GH instruments need Wiimotes. The RB ones use dongles. I used to own RB1 and 2 for the Wii.

Ah, yes. Silly me. Thanks!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    NOT_Travis;4902813 said:
    First off, your grammar's better than a lot of native English speakers, so no apologies needed.

Seconded. You won't see me apologize if I go to a Spanish forum and compose a post there :p Being a non-native speaker is probably an advantage in this setting, actually. Native speakers often just chitchat and shoot the **** like nothing (we all know what this looks like in print....), while a non-native speaker is still trying to laboriously conjugate all the verbs correctly and avoid any usage mistakes. If they don't call attention to their non-native-speaker-ness, it would probably never be noticed.

[/lingnerd]
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4902849 said:
    Seconded. You won't see me apologize if I go to a Spanish forum and compose a post there :p Being a non-native speaker is probably an advantage in this setting, actually. Native speakers often just chitchat and shoot the **** like nothing (we all know what this looks like in print....), while a non-native speaker is still trying to laboriously conjugate all the verbs correctly and avoid any usage mistakes. If they don't call attention to their non-native-speaker-ness, it would probably never be noticed.

[/lingnerd]

Which is why I explained what IIRC means. From what I understand, it's the idioms in English that are the real task for those coming to this train wreck of a language after their first language. I think you're right, it's probably an advantage--as long as they've got sufficient grasp of the language to use it properly (no small task!). I've seen some barely comprehensible posts on here, too.
  • janedadeviljanedadevil Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for being so helpful guys :)

I managed to get both to connect but now they are using the same light. As in both the guitar and drum are the same player so I can't use both at the same time.

The wii controller has the first light (Player 1) on which I'm using for the mic.

Never thought getting rockband to work would be so insane :p
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Try this: Plug the dongle 4 port [or if you are passing through a dongle] in before you start the Wii. Use a Wiimote to launch the game. If you want to play drums, use them to get into the game itself. The Wiimote will still be player #1 and the drums will be #4, but will 'take over' as leader. Once you sync-up each instrument to thier dongle for the first time, they should remain in sync. Sometimes the Wii has a bug that will unsync the instruments, you will just have to re-sync that lost sync to play. Hopefully you will soon be playing RB3 with as much competency as your English skills, which are very good!
  • janedadeviljanedadevil Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    WIIBARON;4903342 said:
    Try this: Plug the dongle 4 port [or if you are passing through a dongle] in before you start the Wii. Use a Wiimote to launch the game. If you want to play drums, use them to get into the game itself. The Wiimote will still be player #1 and the drums will be #4, but will 'take over' as leader. Once you sync-up each instrument to thier dongle for the first time, they should remain in sync. Sometimes the Wii has a bug that will unsync the instruments, you will just have to re-sync that lost sync to play. Hopefully you will soon be playing RB3 with as much competency as your English skills, which are very good!

Thank you, that worked :D
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    My Espanol surely won't be as good as your English, but... Muy feliz para ayuando usted.