When does the sale end?

NuclearFejNuclearFej Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
Question is in the title - has Harmonix given us a date as to when the sale ends?

Getting a 1600 MSP card as a bonus for a purchase, but I don't know if I'll have it in time.

Thanks!

Comments

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    They have said that it will at least run through the fifth anniversary, and that's Nov 20.
  • edited October 2012
    It took them a year to switch the prices the first time so I'm sure it will be at least a few months.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2012
    Is it going back? I was under the assumption that it might be a permanent change. Since most of the songs are fairly old, and don't have harmonies/keys, pro etc.

I might be wrong but that was what I was taking away from it. That it was a permanent price drop for the pre-RB3 DLC.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I forgot who (probably Henry), but it was said that the sale would at least run through the November anniversary.
  • LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
    edited October 2012
    This was nice. I picked up another 40 songs this weekend.

The only problem that I see is I'm getting close to the 1000 songs mark. I thought I read that the game will only recognize 1000 songs at a time. I'll have to go through and delete some of the stuff I don't play to clear up some room for new stuff.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4904319 said:
    This was nice. I picked up another 40 songs this weekend.

The only problem that I see is I'm getting close to the 1000 songs mark. I thought I read that the game will only recognize 1000 songs at a time. I'll have to go through and delete some of the stuff I don't play to clear up some room for new stuff.

That's Blitz and that's number of songs played. The RB3 limit is 3000 something and that's song count.
    edited October 2012
    Witticus;4904321 said:
    That's Blitz and that's number of songs played. The RB3 limit is 3000 something and that's song count.

Sweet, thanks.

Although I'm pretty sure they said Blitz had no limit because of the simplicity of the game.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4904324 said:
    Sweet, thanks.

Although I'm pretty sure they said Blitz had no limit because of the simplicity of the game.

I don't have nearly enough songs to try that out, but it makes sense. I just know there is a song limit for RB3 and Blitz has a weird play amount problem that isn't present in RB3.
    edited October 2012
    Witticus;4904326 said:
    I don't have nearly enough songs to try that out, but it makes sense. I just know there is a song limit for RB3 and Blitz has a weird play amount problem that isn't present in RB3.

Either way, I really only care about RB. I suck at Blitz! I can't seem to score worth a crap, which is funny to me because I'm pretty good at RB.
  • edited October 2012
    We don't have a definitive end date set but, as many posters have pointed out, it will run through the end of November at least. Possibly longer.
  • ZoiloCruzZoiloCruz Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    I sure do hope the sale ends at December 1st (or the latest) :D The sale kicks off and I have no money -_- It's already like a month and a half that went by :(
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited October 2012
    I just bought more stuff today.

Stupid HMX and their inciting prices. Must have more willpower...
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    Don't worry LD. I've already spent about four hundred dollars and I plan on spending a lot more.

This sale will be the death of me.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    TheStuddz;4913788 said:
    Don't worry LD. I've already spent about four hundred dollars and I plan on spending a lot more.

This sale will be the death of me.

Then their plan has been a smashing success.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    GameMaster439;4913933 said:
    Then their plan has been a smashing success.

Exactly! They say they're doing this for the fans who have stood by them for five years, but they're doing it to stuff their greedy little pockets!

Still, I appreciate it a lot! Thanks Harmonix! ;)
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    TheStuddz;4913788 said:
    I've already spent about four hundred dollars and I plan on spending a lot more.
    You've dropped four hundred dollars on sale-priced DLC??? I am impressed! I went through and only found 44 songs that I knew and definitely wanted but didn't choose to buy at full price (though several songs I would have bought at full price had I noticed them before).
  • MasterOfAwsumMasterOfAwsum Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    It's getting pretty close to Rock Band's 5th anniversary. Also, a strange thing I noticed on my Wii is that the "SALE!" category on the store's home screen is gone, yet all of the songs are still discounted. I wonder what this could mean...
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    You spent 400 dollars??? What?

I was barely able to spend £30 ($55 maybe..) Jesus..... I still managed to get a good number of songs though. Library went from 630 up to 678 in less than a month :D
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I'll check my ps3 to see if the SALE! category is still there.

I have to buy at least other two full albums before the sale ends, so I guess I have to buy another 50 € card. I've spent at least 70 € on discounted DLC.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    the sale will end one second after it doesn't end.
  • edited November 2012
    The official 5 year anniversary is next week and we'll hopefully have some more news about the sale on the Monday livestream. Keep posted!
  • edited November 2012
    Cool. I hope it runs to the end of the year.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    I am loving this sale. LOVE IT!!! It has really helped me shore up my library. I am also still buying the new tunes as well. gotta support those artists coming on board with HMX.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4926445 said:
    Cool. I hope it runs to the end of the year.

My assumption all along was that it was permanent.

How many sales are you going to generate at full price after such a significant sale.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Stores do it every year after black friday...lol.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    hmxhenry;4904388 said:
    We don't have a definitive end date set but, as many posters have pointed out, it will run through the end of November at least. Possibly longer.

Great! So this means I can buy some moar songs during Thanksgiving Break!
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    rkbdgurl;4926606 said:
    Stores do it every year after black friday...lol.

Black Friday is several months long?
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I don't see why they would go back now, unless the whole sale was timed, but yeah I'm gonna be buying a crapload of songs next week when i'm back from college!
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2012
    If the sale was permanent, they would have flat-out said so in the first place.
  • WeezerGeek888WeezerGeek888 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Hopefully It last a lil longer I just got 3 1600 point cards and I have already bought like $200 already. This sale has been great. Hopefully they do a sale around Christmas for Rock Band 3 songs. I still need that Bon Jovi Pack lol.