Help!: Blitz is giving me a message about my Facebook account not being linked

spoonmanxspoonmanx Unsigned
edited November 2012 in Rock Band Blitz

When I look at my profile on Rock Band World it seems to be fine though.
I also have no idea how to resubmit the link code when/if it's needed.
Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks! :)

Also, It seems to be creating Score Wars only with people who didn't buy the game.
Is this normal? I wouldn't mind so much if they gave you something when the other player forfeits, but no dice...

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Account linking has to be redone every 60 days? Why Santa why?

Hold on, why would you already be running into that? Did you somehow manage to get the game two full weeks before it officially launched?
  • spoonmanxspoonmanx Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4904061 said:

Hold on, why would you already be running into that? Did you somehow manage to get the game two full weeks before it officially launched?
    Nope! That's why I am confused as you on this...

I'm wondering if this is why it's no longer letting me have extra tries at Score Wars that that in effect.

Since I recently GS'd all the songs I want to get more into the goals and Score Wars to keep my interest up on this.
  • NekketsuNekketsu Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I had the message pop up on me twice less than a week after the game came out, it just seems to be a random fluke. I can't remember if I bothered resigning in the second time, but I haven't had any problems with it since those two instances.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2012
    That happens to me a lot. Just back all the way out to "Press A to start," then start again.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2012
    This probably has to do with the autorization tokens that we get from Facebook.

They are supposed to last 60 days, but sometimes expire more quickly. We've looking into the issue but haven't been able to figure out why. You are getting a generic error message we send when the Blitz servers can't find the proper token.

The solution in this case is to log into Facebook, which then generates a new token. It's interesting that you can fix this be logging back into Rock Central, though. That shouldn't happen...
    edited October 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4904332 said:

They are supposed to last 60 days, but sometimes expire more quickly. We've looking into the issue but haven't been able to figure out why. You are getting a generic error message we send when the Blitz servers can't find the proper token.

The solution in this case is to log into Facebook, which then generates a new token. It's interesting that you can fix this be logging back into Rock Central, though. That shouldn't happen...

Thanks for looking into it.
    Backing out of RB Blitz and back in again does work for me as well.

As for tokens I have some old Aladdin's Castle tokens if that helps. :)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4904061 said:

I got that message, logged on to facebook and confirmed I was still linked, and then reconnected on the PS3 without an issue.
    HMXMister_Game;4904332 said:

So what you're saying is Blitz is one big token ring? ;)

That explains it though. I find it odd that I had logged into FB earlier that day when it failed.
    edited October 2012
    LOLed at "Token Ring"
    edited October 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4907263 said:
    LOLed at "Token Ring"
    Mission accomplished.

On the error, I've actually been getting it repeatedly, and appears it happens when I log onto the FB app somewhere other than my house. May not be related, but figured the info could help. At this point, it seems to have a 100% reoccurance rate when I do that (access the app from work, then go home and play blitz, blitz wants me to reup the token)
  • NekketsuNekketsu Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Had it happen again this morning, simply went back to the main title screen, had it access Rock Central again and everything was fine.

While I do use two separate computers (on the same network though) to access FB, I actually didn't use the other computer in between the time I was last on Blitz.
    edited October 2012
    This happens everytime I play. It's not a huge deal to back out to the title after starting, but it would be nice if they could fix it on the PS3 version along with the song skipping bug on the PS3 Slim model.
    edited October 2012
    Well, clearly there's something going on with the tokens, but that system and the issues that surround if have proved extremely opaque to our programmers.
    edited October 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4910258 said:
    Well, clearly there's something going on with the tokens, but that system and the issues that surround if have proved extremely opaque to our programmers.
    Maybe you need to refresh the tokens on your side?
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited November 2012
    Not sure how useful it is, but I got this this past weekend. I logged in to FB and visited the app via my phone, and then Blitz was happy (note: I usually log in via my laptop, but was having connection issues with it, so maybe Bront's theory has some weight to it).