Definition of a FC?

TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
edited November 2012 in Rock Band
Sorry if this has been asked repeatedly. But I need to settle a debate with myself and others.

As far as I am currently aware, a FC is a FC if it meets all of these criteria:
You get 100% in the entire song in regular playing, not in Practice mode.
You can pause the song.
You must hit every note without breaking streak. Therefore, notes hit equals note streak.
If you overstrum at the end but get 100%, it still counts, since notes hit still equals note streak.

If any of these criteria are incorrect please correct me. I'm aware this'll likely end up as a debate of differing opinions, so I'll go for either the majority vote or the one that is most backed up with reason and/or factual evidence.

The reason I ask this is because I've had some debate today over a bass FC of Young Man Blues by The Who I got. I know it's been FC'd before, but never by me. I got 100%, and notes hit equal to note streak. Except I hit then overstrummed the last green note (a sustain). I then proceeded to hit the BRE as normal. To me, since I got 100% and notes hit equal to note streak, it's a FC. But the argument is that, since I overstrummed the last note, it's not a FC.

Yet I could understand if it was the penultimate note, as then I would not get notes hit equal to note streak, but the fact I did and got 100%, to me is a FC? Am I wrong?

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Your multiplier flared red, making it not an FC. If it was after the song, your multiplier would be locked in RB3, so there's no danger.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    FC: Full Combo. As far as I know you can't overstrum after all the notes has passed by, onless it's a sustain, even then, your multiplier will remain at x4 (x6 on bass). Every players will consider a screenshot showing 100% and the unbroken note streak as an FC, even if you released sustains.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    It's been explained to you, it's not an fc.

Here is an old thread that explains it to you again.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216164&page=1
    edited October 2012
    peterock2007;4904771 said:
    It's been explained to you, it's not an fc.

Here is an old thread that explains it to you again.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216164&page=1

As far as I know, releasing a sustain at the end of the song, or ''overstrumming'' that sustain doesn't break your combo, therefore, it's an FC. He also stated that the notes hit equalled to the note streak.
  • TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    That's exactly what I thought Alternity. It's not like it said I broke streak since it said at the end I never broke streak by saying I hit all the notes in streak (notes hit equals note streak).
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4904776 said:
    As far as I know, releasing a sustain at the end of the song, or ''overstrumming'' that sustain doesn't break your combo, therefore, it's an FC. He also stated that the notes hit equalled to the note streak.

When he overstrummed he lost his fc because his combo ended. There's no grey area in his case because he admittedly accidently overstrummed before the song was over.

If it makes you feel better to say it's an fc then go right ahead, but it's not.
    edited October 2012
    he lost his fc because his combo ended.
    But it didn't. Note streak remained the same. The only effect it had was multiplier went from 6x to 0, but that made no difference since there were no notes left. Except BRE, which isn't affected by the multiplier.
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4904779 said:
    But it didn't. Note streak remained the same. The only effect it had was multiplier went from 6x to 0, but that made no difference since there were no notes left. Except BRE, which isn't affected by the multiplier.

You're not getting it, what the multiplier is what decides it's a full combo, note streak is meaningless.

Full combo means full combo, your multipler dropped to zero it's not a fc end of discussion.
    edited October 2012
    google said:

Full Combo (video game concept)
    www.giantbomb.com/full-combo/92-141/
    Commonly referred to as FC, a Full Combo is achieved by hitting 100% of the notes without breaking the combo multiplier
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4904779 said:

The last note(s) you'd have to hit after the BRE would be affected by the multiplier, would they not? Either way, FC is every note hit, streak intact, multiplier intact. And they are an impressive feat that isn't just handed out like candy - they are earned from start to finish.
    edited October 2012
    The last note(s) you'd have to hit after the BRE would be affected by the multiplier, would they not?
    No. The points you earn isn't affected by the multiplier.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4904788 said:
    No. The points you earn isn't affected by the multiplier.
    The way I've always looked at it, is that you keep your multiplier until the song is over. - that is FC - hit all notes, and didn't overstrum ever. If, at any point before the song is over and stats come up, your multiplier drops for whatever reason (missed note, not overstrum) then it isn't FC.
    edited October 2012
    FC = Full Combo. 100% with unbroken note streak = Full Combo. Regardless if the multiplier was gone back to x1 or not it doesn't matters if it didn't affected any notes. Back in GH after FCs I used to go crazy on the strum bar just for fun, it was still a FC. I don't know where you get the idea that if the multiplier drops back to x1 it breaks your FC when the stat screen clearly state that the streak has been unbroken. I'm gonna give an example with the vocal FC glitch: Even if you have 99%, the stat shows that you didn't missed any phrases, and any ticks, it's still an FC.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    i do have to disagree with your "allowed to pause" thing.

take raining blood in GH: greatest(smash) hits for example
    quite a few people pause it just before the last note, which is all 5 notes at the same time. they do this so they can put both hands on the buttons and then strum with their elbow. which i kinda consider cheating.
    same thing goes for some tappy parts where you can do the same thing
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited October 2012
    I hate the vocals 99% glitch. If I didn't get 100% on a phrase, don't give me an awesome.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    Overstrumming between the last note and the BRE is breaking combo, because you still have notes left to hit. Saying it's not is like saying missing the final note in a BRE doesn't count.
    edited October 2012
    Bront20;4904947 said:
    Overstrumming between the last note and the BRE is breaking combo, because you still have notes left to hit. Saying it's not is like saying missing the final note in a BRE doesn't count.

But the multiplier doesn't affect the notes after the BRE. So it doesn't matter if you do overstrum or not. I'm still calling it a FC. Also, I don't even think if you overstrum before the BRE and after all the notes that the streak will be broken in the stat screen.
    edited October 2012
    BongOfDestinySH;4905199 said:

Nice FC. Also, I saw you overstrummed right before (a fraction of second) the BRE. Your streak isn't broken, it's a FC. There's a proof right there that it doesn't matters.
    daysleeper;4905206 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhpqbwAiexM

FCs or not?

You be the judge. :)
    Irrelevant.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Bonobo, why do you need the validation of other people for this?

If you want to claim it as an FC, you go right ahead. Nobody's gonna come to your house and pull your pants down because you did so wrongly (or whatever).
  • daysleeperdaysleeper Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4905207 said:
    Irrelevant.
    dam
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4905207 said:
    Irrelevant.

And unoriginal.
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4905224 said:
    Bonobo, why do you need the validation of other people for this?

If you want to claim it as an FC, you go right ahead. Nobody's gonna come to your house and pull your pants down because you did so wrongly (or whatever).
    Purely because of what has just happened. I say it is a FC, and I get slated and told it's not. I know it technically doesn't matter, but I like to know for future reference how the site feels on this subject. I'm saying it is a FC. After all I've seen. Alternity agrees with me, as does the Child In Time FC guy.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4905624 said:
    Purely because of what has just happened. I say it is a FC, and I get slated and told it's not. I know it technically doesn't matter, but I like to know for future reference how the site feels on this subject. I'm saying it is a FC. After all I've seen. Alternity agrees with me, as does the Child In Time FC guy.

Who cares if you get slated. Do you self a favor and only care about the opinions of people you respect.
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4905624 said:
    Pubut I like to know for future reference how the site feels on this subject. I'm saying it is a FC. After all I've seen. Alternity agrees with me, as does the Child In Time FC guy.

So why bother asking if you're not going to listen to the majority, but the one guy who validates your believe.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited October 2012
    I have to agree that it counts as a FC you got a Full Combo with a full multiplier... its a FC in my book
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    firedoom666;4905669 said:
    I have to agree that it counts as a FC you got a Full Combo with a full multiplier... its a FC in my book

So overstrumming at the end of an FC for fun in the GH games are not considered FCs? It's the same logic as strumming before a BRE considering that BREs don't count as notes.

FC = Full Combo. A Full Combo is every note in the song. If the note streak matches the notes hit and it matches the # of notes in the song, it is an FC. The BRE always takes place AFTER the last note in the stats breakdown. If you strum before it, it makes no difference whatsoever. It's still an FC.