10/23 DLC Discussion Thread: Chicago 3-Pack!

edited October 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4904879 said:
Hey gang,

Look at their career of Billboard chart topping hit singles and albums and you’ll see that Chicago is easily one of the most successful American rock acts of all time. On October 23rd, three of their hit singles come to the Rock Band Music Store!

Written as part of a seven part suite, Chicago’s “Make Me Smile” – from the band’s second studio record, 1970’s Chicago II – was released as a single that topped the Billboard charts. “Feelin’ Stronger Every Day,” off of 1973’s Chicago IV found equal success on the charts, only a few years later. The ballad “If You Leave Me Now,” off of 1976’s Chicago X, rounds out the pack.

As a bonus, Rock Band Blitz players who play any of these tracks will earn double coins for each play!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (October 23rd, 2012):

• Chicago – “Make Me Smile” O X
• Chicago – “Feelin’ Stronger Every Day” O
• Chicago – “If You Leave Me Now” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system October 24th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Will this 3-pack make you smile? Will it make you feel stronger every day? Trust me, you'll regret it if you leave now!

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2012
    good enough!

should be quite fun to play :D
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Awesome! Getting it all!

Needs more "Saturday In the Park" and "You're The Inspiration" though....
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Not really for me, but yay for the Chicago fans!

Stoked to see that more Drugstore Fanatics came out, that will be bought with the quickness.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited October 2012
    I might pick up this stuff. If you leave me now and Feelin' stroger everyday are a bit cloying in my opinion but still good songs.

There must be an "et cetera" joke to be had, but damned if I can find it.
  • IIICCIIIIIICCIII Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Oh Em Gee, good DLC!

This makes me smile ;)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Pheran;4908123 said:
    Nice to see Chicago, though I think I would have preferred some 80s songs in there.

For old dudes like me, I remember hearing these songs on AM radio while riding in the back seat of my parents' '77 Malibu.
  • MillionMiAwayMillionMiAway Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Thanks HMX! I haven't been excited for Tuesday morning in months but I already am pumped for this one!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    "Make Me Smile" is great. The other two are fine. These would not have been my first three song choices, but this is still a fantastic pack! Thanks, Harmonix!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited October 2012
    Well, nice easy listening rock... good music to have on in the background of a romantic evening... not sure how it is going to play in the game.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Yes, "Make Me Smile" and "Feelin Stronger Everyday" well makes me smile, not a big fan of "If You Leave Me Now" but will get the whole pack.... MMS & FSE will be a blast to play !!!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4908104 said:
    Damn red herrings.
    Were there also some well-hidden clues, or just completely misleading hints suggesting it was time for more Green Day DLC?

I am a big fan of Classic Rock, thrilled to see this pack, buying for SURE (including the Pro Guitar / Pro Bass upgrade). I didn't recognize the title "Make Me Smile", but it turns out that I know the song quite well. Curious to see which version it will be. Hoping we get even more Chicago in the future, maybe including one of the first songs I ever learned on guitar ("Colour My World").

Thanks, Harmonix, you are really catching fire with awesome DLC lately!
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Awesome. I love Chicago. Please note HMX I still really want Saturday in the Park.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Three 4 me.

The wife will love these.
  • matshimatshi Unsigned
    edited October 2012
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    i predict this is going to make some people very happy.

i don't know these songs. i only really know chicago from their 80s power ballad stuff. but i'll look over the charts and if anything looks/sounds good i might pick it up.
  • dlchief58dlchief58 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Thank you Harmonix, two decent weeks in a row between Chicago and Billy Squire. I have been waiting for more Chicago since the release of RB3. Great choices on the classic, older stuff though I probably would have bought their newer songs as well.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I demand that any future Chicago packs use roman numerals in their titles, too.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Is this actually purchaseable as a pack, or is it only purchaseable as three separate singles? I don't see pack pricing in the release text.
    dlchief58;4908144 said:
    Thank you Harmonix, two decent weeks in a row between Chicago and Billy Squire.

There was a week between those two (Sheryl Crow et al).
  • bengalcp09bengalcp09 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Fantastic pack. Best week for me since 2112. This is probably the exact pack I would have picked. I prefer Beginnings as a song to If You Leave Me Now, but the last 4 minutes that are so great to jam to in the car would be boring in the game. If You Leave Me Now is awesome for vocals and just a fun tune. Hopefully Make Me Smile is the full version with intro. Feelin' Stronger Every Day held the title of my favorite all-time song for about a decade. Great job.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Nice!!
    I'm getting “Feelin’ Stronger Every Day” and “If You Leave Me Now”. Never heard the other one.
    thanks HMX
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited October 2012
    Kinda boring songs, but that's ok, Chicago has their fans.
  • scottydo222scottydo222 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4908138 said:
    Were there also some well-hidden clues, or just completely misleading hints suggesting it was time for more Green Day DLC?
    Someone was able to pull a Chicago song out of the clues, so there might be some truth buried in them yet. I can definitely see Metric's Black Sheep as a near future possibility, especially considering they're in the game and the need for Scott Pilgrimm DLC. ;)

Anyway, full pack buy. :)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2012
    thatmarkguy;4908146 said:
    Is this actually purchaseable as a pack, or is it only purchaseable as three separate singles? I don't see pack pricing in the release text.

Wondering the same thing. They do refer to it as a Chicago 3-pack, so I'm assuming you can.
    edited October 2012
    thatmarkguy;4908146 said:

Excellent question, I noticed that too but figured it was just a sloppy cut & paste job from the last few weeks of singles. We shall see.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2012
    Disappointed that it wasn't the rest of GDRB as that would mean I wouldn't need to buy anything, at least I got 8400MSP due to not having enough MSP for the "Come On Eileen" pro upgrade. The hint story in the prediction thread must be for future DLC maybe up to the end of the year. Regarding the actual band and pack, amazing and buying everything and congrats to the 70s and Classic Rock fans who have been waiting a long time.
    edited October 2012
    scottydo222;4908151 said:
    Someone was able to pull a Chicago song out of the clues, so there might be some truth buried in them yet. I can definitely see Metric's Black Sheep as a near future possibility, especially considering they're in the game and the need for Scott Pilgrimm DLC. ;)

Anyway, full pack buy. :)
    Now those are good clues, messages that appear not to be clues at all, which on 2nd glance appear to be an obvious hinting at one band, but that have the correct answer hidden obliquely. Were there other clues in addition to that one post from HMXHenry (the one that said we were Nimrods if we expected clues every week)?
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Yes to Make Me Smile, maybe to the other two.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2012
    Possibly the most disappointed in DLC ever since Bob Marley 01 (seriously, it was 3 weeks of horribleness in a row. Thank god that the 2nd best week in RB history proceeded it). The songs aren't bad, but dammit I'm being petty. Oh well. The songs themselves lack the magic that made 25 or 6 to 4 so special. And they can get pretty boring. Blargh.

Make Me Smile
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day
    If You Leave Me Now
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Great week, hope they follow it up with a lot more 70's
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    The only Chicago song I'm big on is "Stay The Night", though that is due to lack of familiarity. Will check out with cautious optimism.

EDIT: Man, these tracks didn't even make it past the AmazonMP3 test. It's beena minute since we've had 70s stuff, but I think this week's Rock Band money goes to VC in NBA2K13. Ah well... always next week...