New goals 10/15/12

dudemann14dudemann14 Rising Star
edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Whoops, it's the goals for the 16th, not 15th.

Hopefully I'm allowed to post this before SheSaid? :D

Tell me if anything's wrong or more is added and I'll edit it.

- The Ooby Dooby Goal (Easy, 3,000 coins)

We all love this great Roy Orbison song, don't we? If you're one of those musical mavens who have downloaded this song, this goal is for you! (group size up to 1 player)

- Blast Notes O'Reilly (Hard, 3,000 coins)

Get 30,000 points on The Who's "Baba O'Reilly" with the Blast Note Power-up to complete this goal! (group size up to 1 player)

- Sync 182 (Hard, 5,000 coins)

Get 222,000 total points on Blink-182's "All the Small Things", "Dammit", and "What's My Age Again" with the Synchrony Power-Up to complete this goal! (group size up to 1 player)

- Take It On The Runaway Notes (Hard, 3,000 coins)

Get 60,000 points on REO Speedwagon's "Take It On The Run" with the Runaway Notes Power-up to complete this goal! (group size up to 1 player)

- Medium Glam (2,500 coins)

Come down from your satellite orbiting Mars and play this goal, space man! Get 30 stars on Glam songs! (group size up to 5 players)

- Medium Reggae/Ska (2,500 coins)

This goal is clearly an abuse of our Community Manager's power and love of Ska, but he's posting it anyway. Get 30 stars on Reggae/Ska songs! (group size up to 5 players)

- Let's All Play Alternative Songs! (Community Goal, 3,500 coins)

You're not like everyone else. Show your uniqueness by banding together with thousands of other players to complete this Community Goal!

350,000 stars.

- Food Band (Scavenger Hunt, 3,500 coins)

Upon first glance, I bet you think the Rock Band Library doesn't have that many songs related to food and/or drink. Upon second glance you realize that you're dead wrong! Pick out the 5 food-related songs we're munching on to complete this Scavenger Hunt! (hint: one involves an alcoholic beverage!) (group size up to 3 players)

**SPOILER**

Jimmy Buffett "Cheeseburger in Paradise"
Spinal Tap "Cups and Cakes"
System of a Down "Chop Suey"
Toby Keith "Beer for My Horses"
Weezer "Pork and Beans"

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Lucky Denver Mint?
    Scenes From an Italian Restaurant?
    Spill the Wine?
    Lost in the Supermarket?
    Soul Kitchen?
    Heard it Through the Grapevine?
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    dudemann14;4905541 said:
    Alright, sounds good.

Confirming those as three of the songs?
    Yep, definitely those 3 so far
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2012
    dog037;4905533 said:
    How are those the three you don't own? Those are the three most people would be likely to own.

It's the three that weren't in packs (and also probably the three worst songs in the current catalogue). That said, I guess I have no choice but to FINALLY get All the Small Things
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    Brain Stew/Jaded now that it's DLC?

Cups and Cakes?

Pig's in Zen?

Pour Some Sugar on Me (Live)?
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    dudemann14;4905516 said:
    Hopefully I'm allowed to post this before SheSaid? :D

You have the date wrong, but otherwise, sure.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4905530 said:
    Now no one can say they 'wasted' $2 on it thinking it was '50s(just kidding, they still will).

It would seem that's probably the reason for it.
  • dudemann14dudemann14 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4905555 said:
    You have the date wrong, but otherwise, sure.
    My bad, I was going by my computer's date and I'm central time.
    edited October 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4905544 said:
    Lucky Denver Mint?
    Spill the Wine?
    Lost in the Supermarket?
    Soul Kitchen?
    Heard it Through the Grapevine?

Sounds like a good bet for the alcohol-related one. It's either that or "Beer for My Horses" by Toby Keith.
    edited October 2012
    dudemann14;4905556 said:
    My bad, I was going by my computer's date and I'm central time.

I'm Pacific time :p But the idea is these goals update Tuesdays just like DLC releases.
    edited October 2012
    Counting last week's goals too, updated shopping list (for reference purposes later this week):

Blink-182 - All the Small Things
    Blink-182 - Dammit
    Blink-182 - What's My Age Again?
    Mission of Burma - That's When I Reach for My Revolver
    Rancid - Time Bomb
    Roy Orbison - Ooby Dooby
    edited October 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4905544 said:
    Lucky Denver Mint?
    GNFfhqwhgads;4905554 said:
    Brain Stew/Jaded now that it's DLC?
    No to these
    edited October 2012
    You guys, the hint was (one is alcohol-related!), not (one is completely unrelated to food!)

Anyway Spill the Wine doesn't work
  • edited October 2012
    HeyRiles;4905564 said:
    You guys, the hint was (one is alcohol-related!), not (one is completely unrelated to food!)

Anyway Spill the Wine doesn't work

Mint, stew, and restaurant are all food related.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    You don't munch on a restaurant!
  • edited October 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4905566 said:
    You don't munch on a restaurant!

I'm stabbing in the dark at 1 AM! Cut me some slack!
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited October 2012
    If you are going to put the answers for the scavenger hunt in the OP make them black text.
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4905558 said:
    I'm Pacific time :p But the idea is these goals update Tuesdays just like DLC releases.

Yeah sorry I've been off with my days all week lol. Barely even noticed it's now Tuesday. The lack of the HMX stream screwed me up with that. Hopefully a mod will fix it at some point. :p
    www1221;4905572 said:
    If you are going to put the answers for the scavenger hunt in the OP make them black text.
    Yeah that had been the plan but I had to attend to something as I was typing it so I forgot to put in the code for that. Fixed it now though.
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Beer for my Horses confirmed.
    edited October 2012
    Skynyrd45;4905579 said:
    Beer for my Horses confirmed.

Awesome, thanks. One more left now.
    edited October 2012
    Not anything sugar related, not Crackerman, not Meat Loaf, not Freezepop

Someone who has Cups and Cakes should try that
    edited October 2012
    I played Sugarbaby and it told me to try another song from 2009. Spinal Tap - Cups and Cakes confirmed
    edited October 2012
    HeyRiles;4905597 said:
    I played Sugarbaby and it told me to try another song from 2009. Spinal Tap - Cups and Cakes confirmed

I trust your deductions, but I'm gonna wait to add it to the OP until someone who has the song can confirm it just to be safe.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited October 2012
    I can confirm it. I've done all the goals this week, FEED ME MORE!
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Anyone know why the only Bob Marley song from Legend, that is in Reggae/Ska category, is Get Up Stand Up from RB3 disc? I would understand if none of the Legend songs were in that category, but only the ones with keys count. So is it to reason Bob Marley songs are only considered Reggae if they have keys? I know that they are in the Other category, I know they were pre-RB3 when released and I wondered why the most well known Reggae artist ever didn't warrant a Reggae category at the time it was released. Was it not possible to add genre categories to RB2? If someone actually in the know can enlighten us I would be interested to know.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    nunchuck charlie;4905649 said:
    Was it not possible to add genre categories to RB2?
    That's the answer you're looking for. It isn't possible to add genres with DLC, Harmonix has to work with te pre-existing genres and since the Reggae/Ska genre was added in RB3, tracks prior to that can't have that genre. Well, except for some RBN 1.0 tracks that are now sorted under Pop/Dance/Electronic, but that's probably because RBN utilizes sub-genres.

This is also why Otis Redding (no Soul genre in RB2) and The Bee-Gees (no Disco genre in RB3) are categorized as "Other".
    edited October 2012
    nunchuck charlie;4905649 said:
    Anyone know why the only Bob Marley song from Legend, that is in Reggae/Ska category, is Get Up Stand Up from RB3 disc? I would understand if none of the Legend songs were in that category, but only the ones with keys count. So is it to reason Bob Marley songs are only considered Reggae if they have keys? I know that they are in the Other category, I know they were pre-RB3 when released and I wondered why the most well known Reggae artist ever didn't warrant a Reggae category at the time it was released. Was it not possible to add genre categories to RB2? If someone actually in the know can enlighten us I would be interested to know.

Reggae wasn't a genre in RB2, they added it with the release of RB3 along with a few others (Pop/Dance/Electronic comes to mind as well). I believe that there were problems with adding in more genres in both RB1 and 2, maybe 3, not sure exactly why though.

Edit: Wow, I type slow. Wolf covered it pretty well.
    edited October 2012
    Oh great, don't have the Spinal Tap song...also don't think it's worth 99 cents, darn
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I only have 2 of the songs for the scavenger hunt goal and I don't have enough for the reggae/ska goal.
    edited October 2012
    M_Robbins5;4905690 said:
    I only have 2 of the songs for the scavenger hunt goal and I don't have enough for the reggae/ska goal.
    What 2 do you have? I only have 4 Reggae/Ska Small Axe, Lively Up Yourself, Get Up Stand Up & Burnin' and Lootin
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2012
    CloudWolf;4905664 said:
    This is also why Otis Redding (no Soul genre in RB2) and The Bee-Gees (no Disco genre in RB3) are categorized as "Other".
    The BeeGees should have been Pop/Dance/Electronica. It fits better than "other", though the random other setlists that come up featuring "Tragedy" and then "Where's Gary?" are amusing.
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    The Take it on the Run and Blink 182 goals are really easy, but the Baba O'Reilly is kinda tough, it took me 5 tries then i got 30,000 exactly