Looking to form a band team

TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
edited October 2012 in Playstation 3
Okay I'm looking for players who play RB3 regularly, on Expert to a high standard (not FC everything like a rock god, but can FC easy songs and get 5 on most). I have people on my friends list already, but I'm looking to form a super group of sorts. Kind of like ERG or Fourplay, only not as godlike, since I for one will probably never be that good. You might be though. If you are and are thinking of joining, please do! I can record videos of us playing if you wish, though my capture card is in SD and I'll need to be told prior to the session if we're recording or not. Otherwise, someone else can record, or we just not record at all. Like I said, this is partly for fun, partly to be serious. Don't expect FBFCs on everything!

I have a headset, ideally if you have one too that'd help greatly, but it's not a necessity since text chat works too.

If you play multiple instruments to a high standard, that's even better, since we can mix and match our roles! I'll put down all instruments you can play, so we can substitute if necessary (if we get more than 4 members)! If interested, put your post like this:
RB.com ID:
PSN ID:
Instrument(s):
Headset?
Timezone:

I'm asking for timezone since I'm GMT, so their may be issues with getting times to play together. I'm free on weekends and sometimes on weekdays. :)

So far, I have:
Guitar - Alternity156, TheBonobo4, Lord_Godot, pwnage4life62, LoAlexandria

Bass - Alternity156, TheBonobo4, pwnage4life62, LoAlexandria, obe23, DJ_D-RECK011

Pro Guitar -

Pro Bass - Alternity156

Drums - pwnage4life62, gmalana, obe23, bth3571

Pro Drums - obe23, DJ_D-RECK011, bth3571

Keys - LoAlexandria, pwnage4life62

Pro Keys - Alternity156, LoAlexandria

Vocals - LoAlexandria, gmalana, jacoborawr

Harmonies - LoAlexandria, jacoborawr

Comments

• AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    I Know I already had you on my list, and deleted you for the lack of DLC (sadly), but if you're going for scoring, I can be the Pro Keys player. I already have some 1sts, and even an on-disc 1st band (Dead End Friends), and of course, some firsts for Pro Keys solo as well. If you're interested, I am also playing pro bass as for a month now, the skills are growing fairly rapidly (Already have 6 GSes, and one FC, which I think is good considering I have never touched a guitar/bass in my life). Though I have Pro guitar upgrades, I know that most people don't, so If I play Pro Bass I won't mind playing the on-disc songs, as I still need to learn them fairly well anyways. I'm always willing to go for a score band, especially if we can get high enough. (Usually, when I CAN FC a song on Pro Keys, we can get 1st band quite easily, due to the fact that Pro Keys gives way more points than basic instruments all together.) I hope you didn't take that as an offense when I deleted you, it was purely with the willing to play songs I never play, songs that almost nobody has, hence why I'm usually looking for people with a good ammount of DLC. Regardless, I hope we can do some scores ;)

For the record:

RB.com ID: Alternity
    PSN ID: Alternity156
    Instrument(s): Pro Keys, Pro Bass, Basic Guitar/bass (though I don't enjoy it anymore)
    Headset? Nope.
    Timezone: GMT -5
  • TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Noted. I know for a fact Godot is an amazing Guitarist and bassist, with high rankings on a lot of very tough songs. Plus, you have a lot of DLC that I have as well.

Alternity, I know. You told me before. Since I don't have a pro keyboard, I don't buy songs with keys often, plus I don't buy songs I hate, so I buy songs I like, if it has keys that's irrelevant for me. But I'm glad to have you on board, I've seen your scores and know you can do very well nearly all the time! :D
    edited October 2012
    Hah, the difference when you play pro is that you buy songs for the parts, regardless if you like the song or not XD, Also, there is probably a lot of things that you don't even know you'd like frankly, when I began to buy DLC I kinda expanded my mind over songs I never tought I'd buy ;) I'm merely a Prog fan, and sadly RB lacks of Prog, alot. :\

My list might be full, if it is MSG me, I will find someone to delete (Probably a random who has no DLC at all that was amazed by my performance, like usual)
    edited October 2012
    I too like Prog. I have a lot of Rush DLC, but I agree that we need more Prog. I recently bought some Andromeda, if I'm willing to spend more on DLC I'll get more since I really like their stuff. And it's very keys intensive, so you'll be happy if you can play it that is! :)
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4908456 said:
    I too like Prog. I have a lot of Rush DLC, but I agree that we need more Prog. I recently bought some Andromeda, if I'm willing to spend more on DLC I'll get more since I really like their stuff. And it's very keys intensive, so you'll be happy if you can play it that is! :)

I've managed to 3 star all of them, and 4 star My Star, they are very, very, very hard to play, Some are a pain, some a fun. You should look ''In the Wake of Evolution'' If you do like prog, I never knew that band, but the song is merely a master piece IMHO.
    edited October 2012
    I'll check it out. Just looked at the tiering, looks like fun but I'll need to see the charts.
    edited October 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzVtfCio7VI :)

I have only played it 2 times as for now, Didn't learned it, but this is one of the songs I will certainly learn enough to try and GS :) There is still so much songs I need to improve, this is hard to choose, as it is significantly harder to learn a song on pro keys than it was on basic guitar, I remember how I could FC songs like this on sightread on guitar... good old times I guess XD
    edited October 2012
    Just listened to it in full. It's an interesting song, and I might get it since I like it. But it's not a "must have" at the moment.
    edited October 2012
    You should make a DLCquickplay account! I tried to find you on there, I'm assuming you don't have one, it's easier to see what we have and what not. :)

Also, for future reference, and if you want to see how good I am on songs for score runs, go there: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35442&start=0 . This is my accomplishment thread, with enough details, and updated fairly often.
    edited October 2012
    Seems I already had one but hadn't used it in ages. I've updated my songs (I think), though I dislike that you have to add songs manually.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/thebonobo4
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4908554 said:
    Seems I already had one but hadn't used it in ages. I've updated my songs (I think), though I dislike that you have to add songs manually.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/thebonobo4

Actually, if you go in ''My Songs'' then ''Import'' you can import them via rockbandscores.com, which is an automated leaderboards website, it's not 100% accurate for certain, but it'll get most of them there ;) Just be sure to double check before confirming.
  • LoAlexandriaLoAlexandria Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4908437 said:
    RB.com ID: LoAlexandria
    PSN ID: LoAlexandria (yet, about to change soon)
    Instrument(s): Guitar, Bass, Keys, Vocals, ProKeys, Harmonies (Can't drum online yet - about to change soon i hope)
    Timezone: Central European Time

would be down for FBFCs too

Instrument level by examples
    Guitar: The Final Countdown FC
    Bass: Race Car Driver FC
    Drums: Emenius Sleepus -1
    Keys: Could play, but never really do, ProKeys ftw
    Pro Guitar: We Belong FC (only one i can play on pro guitar, lol)
    Pro Bass: >in practice<
    Pro Drums: Spoonman FC
    Pro Keys: Antibodies GS, Still of the Night FC
    Harmonies: In the End - performance mode perfect FC

few #1 scores, not many though

Songs:
    - RB3, RB2, RB1, GDRB, RBB, LRB
    - Number of DLC songs: 1981
    --- DLC (regular): 1425
    --- RBN: 556

Songs including
    - Pro Keys: 633
    - Pro Guitar/Bass: 259
    - Harmonies: 825
    --- 3 Harmonies: 567
    --- 2 Harmonies: 258
  • edited October 2012
    RB.com ID: guitarmasstercurtis
    PSN ID: pwnage4life62 (added you)
    Instrument(s): drums, guitar, bass, keys, drums (all expert)
    Timezone: EST
    edited October 2012
    Alternity;4908568 said:
    Actually, if you go in ''My Songs'' then ''Import'' you can import them via rockbandscores.com, which is an automated leaderboards website, it's not 100% accurate for certain, but it'll get most of them there ;) Just be sure to double check before confirming.
    I've done that. I think I sent you a friend request. :)
    edited October 2012
    guitarmastercurtis;4908729 said:
    RB.com ID: guitarmasstercurtis
    PSN ID: pwnage4life62 (added you)
    Instrument(s): drums, guitar, bass, keys, drums (all expert)
    Timezone: EST

I assume you mean Pro Drums and Pro Keys, since you put drums twice? Or is this actually regular Keys?
    edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4909048 said:
    I've done that. I think I sent you a friend request. :)

You did, and I accepted pretty much right away ;)
    edited October 2012
    Good to hear!

I fear though, looking at the scores of all you people, that this was a bad idea. I seem to be the worst player in this group of RB Gods. ;) Nice scores everyone!
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    Bon, you can put me in if you decide you need an additional player. I'm probably your least qualified player, but whatever. it sounds like fun.

psn: gmalana
    drums (expert-more or less)
    vox (expert)

I'm in rockbandscores.com. you can see my song list and stats.
    edited October 2012
    Sure thing. I'll add you. It doesn't matter about your skill level, I know you and you're good enough. As I've said before, this is for fun, not FBFCs or other epic achievements.
  • edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4909050 said:
    I assume you mean Pro Drums and Pro Keys, since you put drums twice? Or is this actually regular Keys?

apologies, that was an accident. yeah i only play regular keys and drums
  • obe2323obe2323 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Psn obe23
    Expert bass, drums. Pro drums (although only 2 cymbles)
    1050 total songs
    EST
    edited October 2012
    guitarmastercurtis;4909212 said:
    apologies, that was an accident. yeah i only play regular keys and drums
    Okay I've fixed that. :)
  • edited October 2012
    are we planning to play sometime today?
    edited October 2012
    Not today I'm afraid. Since I'm GMT and I'm going in an hour, there's no chance. Maybe tomorrow though. :)
    edited October 2012
    obe2323;4909235 said:
    Psn obe23
    Expert bass, drums. Pro drums (although only 2 cymbles)
    1050 total songs
    EST
    Added to the list and sent you a friend request. :)
  • edited October 2012
    TheBonobo4;4909239 said:
    Not today I'm afraid. Since I'm GMT and I'm going in an hour, there's no chance. Maybe tomorrow though. :)
    Ok I should be on at 7pm your time
    edited October 2012
    Good to hear! We can have a session at around that time! :D
    edited October 2012
    I'm on now if anyone wants to play. :)
  • edited October 2012
    OTE=TheBonobo4;4909741]I'm on now if anyone wants to play. :)[/QUOTE]

Its, actually looking more like 9 your time :s
    edited October 2012
    Ah I see. Which time zone are you in?

As an aside, this is a problem I face. Many of my PSN friends are American so sessions are generally difficult.