Does rock band blitz reload all your songs everytime you purchase a new song(ps3)?

nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
edited October 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Whenever i purchase a song or a pack from the blitz store there is a long pause after purchasing (probably at least 3 mins) and i can't move in the menu and i have to wait.I have over 1000 songs and i like to use the blitz store because it doesn't drop out like the rock band 1/2/3 store .Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    It loads all the songs again. Whenever you buy a new song in RB3 or RBB it loads every single song. The problem with Blitz's store is there is no graphical indication that the songs are loading up when you buy a song so the game appears frozen for that time.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I posted a PSA on this months ago... It has since been buried under other posts.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    zage1337;4909411 said:
    It loads all the songs again. Whenever you buy a new song in RB3 or RBB it loads every single song. The problem with Blitz's store is there is no graphical indication that the songs are loading up when you buy a song so the game appears frozen for that time.

Yes but in rock band 3 i can purchase multiple songs and it reloads my dlc only when i back out to the main menu(or get kicked out as it does frequently on ps3) but in blitz as soon as i purchase 1 song it reloads my dlc straight away so if i want to purchase multiple songs i have to wait 3 minutes each time , it makes the blitz store almost useless for me.
    edited October 2012
    I also thought i read somewhere on here before blitz came out that it wouldn't have to reload the dlc everytime you start the game like rock band 3 does but that isn't the case.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2012
    nuttzo31;4909420 said:
    I also thought i read somewhere on here before blitz came out that it wouldn't have to reload the dlc everytime you start the game like rock band 3 does but that isn't the case.

What you read was a note to Xbox players that "the first load may take a little while because of all your DLC." Just like it would if someone with all legacy DLC started RB3 for the first time. But on Xbox, it doesn't load every single flippin' piece of DLC every single flippin' time (RB3 or Blitz), but just "new DLC" like it says in RB3.
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4909422 said:
    What you read was a note to Xbox players that "the first load may take a little while because of all your DLC." Just like it would if someone with all legacy DLC started RB3 for the first time. But on Xbox, it doesn't load every single flippin' piece of DLC every single flippin' time (RB3 or Blitz), but just "new DLC" like it says in RB3.

Ahh... makes me wish i had started out on an xbox instead of a ps3 but it would be too expensive to rebuy drums,keyboard,guitar and 1006 songs, maybe if i win the lottery.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4909422 said:

Everytime I buy a new song in RB3 it loads all my songs again. Or at least most of them. It doesn't just load the single song or pack of songs you bought.
    edited October 2012
    Yep, on PS3 it does that. On Xbox it only loads the new stuff (and, accordingly, only once).
  • VampIncVampInc Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    I also have posted about this issue, I don't understand why HMX did not follow what they did in RB3. I will not buy music under Blitz period... unless it's just one song, but that is rare I only buy 1 track.
    I have to load RB3 let all my DLC load then go buy my new songs, exit and let Blitz load. That is my only work around.... Still not the correct answer for the issue but it does not take as long.

Oh and if you buy a song or if you click on buy but change your mind when you hit O to return to the buy screen it reloads as well. This happen to me the other day I thought I had moved it down to exit and I hit O on buy again after it had reloaded this new track..... Needless to say it loaded again...
    edited October 2012
    VampInc;4909661 said:
    I also have posted about this issue, I don't understand why HMX did not follow what they did in RB3. I will not buy music under Blitz period... unless it's just one song, but that is rare I only buy 1 track.
    I have to load RB3 let all my DLC load then go buy my new songs, exit and let Blitz load. That is my only work around.... Still not the correct answer for the issue but it does not take as long.

Oh and if you buy a song or if you click on buy but change your mind when you hit O to return to the buy screen it reloads as well. This happen to me the other day I thought I had moved it down to exit and I hit O on buy again after it had reloaded this new track..... Needless to say it loaded again...
    Yes it is disappointing that harmonix didn't come up with a better solution, they surely must have encountered this issue during the testing phase. So for me my only solution is to use the playstation store as the main rock band stores will kick me out constantly and the blitz store is basically gimped and when your dlc starts building up the pauses will only get longer.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 2012
    zage1337;4909467 said:
    Everytime I buy a new song in RB3 it loads all my songs again. Or at least most of them. It doesn't just load the single song or pack of songs you bought.

Indeed, but it doesn't load them until you exit the store. When you buy songs from the store link in Blitz, it reloads your library after every single purchase.

Which is why I never buy songs from the store link in Blitz (well, maybe if I'm buying just one song / pack at a time).
    edited October 2012
    nuttzo31;4910184 said:
    Yes it is disappointing that harmonix didn't come up with a better solution, they surely must have encountered this issue during the testing phase. So for me my only solution is to use the playstation store as the main rock band stores will kick me out constantly and the blitz store is basically gimped and when your dlc starts building up the pauses will only get longer.

The only problem with that is Pro upgrades. They are only available in the in-game store. And god help you if you want an old Pro upgrade.